The 2013-14 College football thread (SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
MikeDean441,
Here is some OSU talk for you. Genuine question. Why does OSU not play a single good out of conference football game? When they scheduled them, was Cal good? We know Famu, SSt, and Buffalo never were, and I have no issue with a cupcake or two, but why all 4 when the conference games are also fairly weak?

When did they schedule them? Was it more than a few years ago? And do you think that will hurt them, because truthfully, they should run the table here fairly easily.

MikeDean441,
Here is some OSU talk for you. Genuine question. Why does OSU not play a single good out of conference football game? When they scheduled them, was Cal good? We know Famu, SSt, and Buffalo never were, and I have no issue with a cupcake or two, but why all 4 when the conference games are also fairly weak?

When did they schedule them? Was it more than a few years ago? And do you think that will hurt them, because truthfully, they should run the table here fairly easily.

When your conference schedule includes.... nevermind.

When another conference rattles off championship after championship, I will acknowledge their dominance. Until then, SEC is the best conference there is. There is no argument that can say otherwise.

There's no doubt the SEC is the best football in the land, I'll admit if I'm not watching my Tigers I'm watching SEC football but when you assume the responsibility of being the best in the land you also put a huge target on your back. But there are still a lot of great teams from a bunch of conferences.

Oooooo Braxton goes down for the Buckeyes. He will be back next week, or whenever they play someone that can compete.

The next time THP tests a rain jacket they need to be sent to the ESPN studio camera guys and see how they hold up to Holtz's spit showers.

Oooooo Braxton goes down for the Buckeyes. He will be back next week, or whenever they play someone that can compete.

So he's out for the season? :D

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

So he's out for the season? :D

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

Now that's funny right there ^^^^ LOL.

Dawgs pulled a Spurrier on Spurrier - early onside kick. Wow!

The 2013-14 College football thread (SPOILERS)

When your conference schedule includes.... nevermind.

Hey! Ohio St plays Wisconsin... Oh... :( :weep:

Dang, I believe Gurley would have scored had that not been a mandatory whistle.

Hey! Ohio St plays Wisconsin... Oh... :( :weep:

And truthfully my question was not a knock on the Big 10 at all. That schedule is set. They play like 3 ranked teams none in the top 15 and a couple borderline top 25. As a football powerhouse (and OSU is one), why not schedule even something mediocre in out of conference play. I mean 4 games and none of those teams should get with in 30 of this team.

And truthfully my question was not a knock on the Big 10 at all. That schedule is set. They play like 3 ranked teams none in the top 15 and a couple borderline top 25. As a football powerhouse (and OSU is one), why not schedule even something mediocre in out of conference play. I mean 4 games and none of those teams should get with in 30 of this team.

We tried to schedule Bama and they backed out on us.

Edit: And four years ago who knew Cal would be so bad.

Knock the big 10. It isn't very good as a whole. We all know why a lot of schedules are padded with mid-majors and FCS teams. Nobody wants to lose early out of conference.

We tried to schedule Bama and they backed out on us.

Edit: And four years ago who knew Cal would be so bad.

Is that the case? Bama backed out? I mean even 4 years ago nobody thought Cal would be all that good. Marginal I am sure, but I can relate to a major Alabama school backing out of a game. Auburn did it to FSU and paid a ton of money not to play the game.

Knock the big 10. It isn't very good as a whole. We all know why a lot of schedules are padded with mid-majors and FCS teams. Nobody wants to lose early out of conference.

But not everybody does it and frankly if you are in a conference where week in a week out you should have no issues, why not? Is it because the only way a Big 10 team makes it all the way is undefeated?

Tosu 2-0 suck it no losses since 2011

Hatters gonna hate

Oh and fyi 2 weeks in a row only 2 games with ranked teams playing each other

So I guess thats ohio states fault too

It's fun to watch when one of the cupcakes beat Michigan or Michigan State
early.

But not everybody does it and frankly if you are in a conference where week in a week out you should have no issues, why not? Is it because the only way a Big 10 team makes it all the way is undefeated?

I think and believe OSU will run the table this year (barring any severe injuries). They are vastly superior to anyone in their division. If they have to play UofM twice in a row, that may be the only problem. If they play Nebraska, I think they will cruise. But watch out of Illinois, they will give them their best and once that games over, the Illini will stink again.

Oh and fyi 2 weeks in a row only 2 games with ranked teams playing each other

So I guess thats ohio states fault too

Seriously? Are college football fans that defensive that they cant have a serious conversation? Its an honest question, as I said the entire time. Nobody said you had to play the strong team in week 1. Nobody even said week 2. But does any fan ever get tired of watching their team beat BumfuqTech U by 40? Afterwards do you pull out a ruler and unzip and measure?

What is the point of these games? Like I said originally, I understand 1 or even 2, but why all 4 when the conference schedule is easy as well?

It's fun to watch when one of the cupcakes beat Michigan or Michigan State
early.

Are you talking App State or CMU?

Is that the case? Bama backed out? I mean even 4 years ago nobody thought Cal would be all that good. Marginal I am sure, but I can relate to a major Alabama school backing out of a game. Auburn did it to FSU and paid a ton of money not to play the game.

Yes it is unfortunately. But that doesn't guarantee anything since two loss teams get more credit than undefeated teams in the BCS system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back