NHL 2013-2014 Season

HNIC Caps vs. Leafs tonight should be a good one.

Leafs win! Great game. Ovi always makes it interesting and he tried to get it going but we did a great job at shutting him down and putting him off his game.

Oh, and James MFing Reimer.

images

Yeah yeah lucky win you should have had the 2 points but let that slip away.

We did get the 2 points..

620-reimer-leafs-thumb-620xauto-149635.jpg

We got one though bit it was a good game. Caps need some scoring other than our first line gonna be a long season if they don't get more depth scoring.

For anyone who cares, last nights Canucks/Blackhawks game was everything that is great about hockey. Sure the outcome wasn't what I wanted but it was just a great game through and through.

High Tempo. Teams that genuinely dislike each other. Great offensively skilled players doing their thing. Solid D on both sides. Spectacular goaltending. Officiating that didn't ruin the game. For me, it was just really refreshing to watch a good game for once. This 82 game schedule feeds us so many games that are just dogs and a chore to watch.

Solid 59:51 of effort there AG

TTing
Yeah it was. The way the Canucks are playing they dont deserve a playoff spot right now. 15/20 players are underachieving and its not pretty.

Man, the Dallas Stars were DEAD last night.

Glad to see the Leafs showed up tonight....that's about all they were able to accomplish.

I enjoyed the game. Didn't think the Phaneuf hit was dirty, I just think Arty liked to get hammered at open ice.

Also, Bob was on my fantasy bench and played solid. Maybe I'll leave him there.

I enjoyed the game. Didn't think the Phaneuf hit was dirty, I just think Arty liked to get hammered at open ice.

Also, Bob was on my fantasy bench and played solid. Maybe I'll leave him there.

Still not sure why Dion was in the box. Caught him in the chest/shoulder area.

I just cannot believe what keeps happening on the ice in Vancouver. Outplay opponent handedly again, lose game again. 60 minutes guys! Gaaah!

I have given up on the nucks. My team is still first place overall 15-3!. They are super talented and big players which so many teams lack.

Still not sure why Dion was in the box. Caught him in the chest/shoulder area.

I think it looked a lot more violent at ice level. I just hope he didn't ruin his shoulder.

There's no way that guy has a very high IQ.

So how do my fellow Canadians feel about the broadcast rights deal that went down today? Rogers carrying all the rights to everything in Canada and TSN getting absolutely shafted. Hockey Night in Canada will be on CBC still but it will be a Rogers (Sportsnet) production.

I have mixed feelings. Good riddance to the HNIC panel...the only guy on there that I can bear is Elliot. TSN has always put on a great production and they had a lot of talent (Duthie/Dregs/Mackenzie to name a few) but I'm assuming most of these guys will make the switch once their current contracts expire. Rogers owning the Maple Leafs and the broadcast rights to every team in Canada makes me think that I'm going to receive a steady diet of the blue and white...but Sportsnet has always been good to Vancouver.

I'm curious how this will all shake down.

Honestly, if Rogers actually does what it is supposed to do with lifting bans etc, I will be happy.

On my cable, I get Sportsnet and TSN. I don't get TSN Jets. Because of this, whenever there is an Oilers game on Sportsnet, it gets blacked out because we are deemed to be in the "Jets Region".

I don't watch a ton of hockey, but if it gives me an opportunity to see more Oilers games, as opposed to Toronto games, I am all for it.

For some reason I thought TSN and Sportsnet were affiliated though. Not a fan of the overall quality of Sportsnet broadcasts, or the commentators... I still shudder at Roger Million's voice.

Damn sounds like it just sucks for you guys who actually love watching hockey. Hope you guys can find another way to watch.

Back