#TheKing w/ Callaway Golf - Final Rosters

OK fellas, after my LM session last night (numbers HERE from earlier in the thread), I'm about ready to send my PM - thinking I'm gonna go BB, 10.5*, stiff flex. My numbers in the X2 Hot stiff flex were actually quite good, but no better than my current gamer. With an Adams Super S in stiff, I saw lower spin and 7 yards longer carry. This makes me think that a slightly lower spin head like the Bertha could give me some improvement, vs. the X2 Hot which appears to be a safe choice but with no real improvement. Anybody disagree? I posted my LM numbers kinda late last night so I figure you east coasters were probably already lights out haha

Order is in:

Big Bertha Alpha
Loft: 9*
Shaft Stiffness: Stiff
Dexterity: RH

Couldnt bring myself to the X flex knowing I would have to hit it in the event. I am glad JB mentioned that as I thought that would be the case but had a temporary brain lapse and had not considered that. Just seems like a risky experiment and I owe it to my team and my captain not to take the chance!

Thanks to all the #Grandaddy guys, your PM's, posts and recap threads have been a huge help!

FYI to my fellow King members...84 days 13 hours and 14 minutes...

OK fellas, after my LM session last night (numbers HERE from earlier in the thread), I'm about ready to send my PM - thinking I'm gonna go BB, 10.5*, stiff flex. My numbers in the X2 Hot stiff flex were actually quite good, but no better than my current gamer. With an Adams Super S in stiff, I saw lower spin and 7 yards longer carry. This makes me think that a slightly lower spin head like the Bertha could give me some improvement, vs. the X2 Hot which appears to be a safe choice but with no real improvement. Anybody disagree? I posted my LM numbers kinda late last night so I figure you east coasters were probably already lights out haha

Don't disagree, I think you'll do well with the BB, and it absolutely could give you a boost like you saw with the Adams.

Order is in:

Big Bertha Alpha
Loft: 9*
Shaft Stiffness: Stiff
Dexterity: RH

Couldnt bring myself to the X flex knowing I would have to hit it in the event. I am glad JB mentioned that as I thought that would be the case but had a temporary brain lapse and had not considered that. Just seems like a risky experiment and I owe it to my team and my captain not to take the chance!

Thanks to all the #Grandaddy guys, your PM's, posts and recap threads have been a huge help!

FYI to my fellow King members...84 days 13 hours and 14 minutes...

Nice! Add one to the Alpha team!

Skibum, based on your numbers I Ike the choice should be a great fit.

Sparks, I like it! You'll be finding fairways all day long.

Nice Sparks!! I think picking a 9* head with stiff shaft should be able to keep your spin down enough that the X may be unnecessary. Besides the grav core/loft adjustment should give you plenty of wiggle room in that area. I think it'll work great for you, although I hope it takes a break from finding fairways the weekend of April 25th :alien:

Skibum, based on your numbers I Ike the choice should be a great fit.

Sparks, I like it! You'll be finding fairways all day long.

I sure hope so!

Nice Sparks!! I think picking a 9* head with stiff shaft should be able to keep your spin down enough that the X may be unnecessary. Besides the grav core/loft adjustment should give you plenty of wiggle room in that area. I think it'll work great for you, although I hope it takes a break from finding fairways the weekend of April 25th :alien:

If we have enough time to tinker beforehand I'm sure we will all get to dial in our new fairway finders for the weekend!

PM is in! Now the long wait begins to actually use this bad boy to take down you #HarryHooligans!!

Just a quick heads up everybody. What you order as your driver will be what is put into play at the event. The goal is to review the clubs and play the clubs as they were ordered. After the event if you want to swap out shafts and such, that is fine, but during the event, you will be playing what you ordered.

JB, any idea if we'll be getting them in advance to get them dialed in and comfortable or is it trial by fire?

It's getting real in here with driver orders being placed. Big shout out of thanks to the numerous #dreamteam members that have provided so much excellent advice on the X2Hot, Big Bertha and Big Bertha Alpha. Really means a lot to me to see you guys involved here. Thanks again for sharing all the knowledge you picked up while in California.

JB, any idea if we'll be getting them in advance to get them dialed in and comfortable or is it trial by fire?

You will get them upon arrival.
Dont worry though, it will give everybody a built in excuse...hehe

It's getting real in here with driver orders being placed. Big shout out of thanks to the numerous #dreamteam members that have provided so much excellent advice on the X2Hot, Big Bertha and Big Bertha Alpha. Really means a lot to me to see you guys involved here. Thanks again for sharing all the knowledge you picked up while in California.

Orders placed indeed! I hope you guys are all fired up about it too, I've heard nothing but great things about Callaway's driver line this year!

Orders placed indeed! I hope you guys are all fired up about it too, I've heard nothing but great things about Callaway's driver line this year!

Fired up doesn't even begin to describe it! awesome to hear from people who have experienced other marquee events in here as well (#Grandaddy, THPMC, etc)

Fired up doesn't even begin to describe it! awesome to hear from people who have experienced other marquee events in here as well (#Grandaddy, THPMC, etc)

You guys are in a really fun position.. With #TheKing being the first of its' kind, I am going to really enjoy seeing you guys define the event.

You guys are in a really fun position.. With #TheKing being the first of its' kind, I am going to really enjoy seeing you guys define the event.

We have big shoes to fill, but I'm looking forward to having fun, living in the moment, preparing my best, and leaving it all out on the course.

typo's courtesy of Samsung Galaxy S4 autocorrect... Enjoy!

You will get them upon arrival.
Dont worry though, it will give everybody a built in excuse...hehe

Team Harry is gonna need as many of said excuses as they can get after we pummel them into those soft Florida fairways :beat-up:

This really is one of the things I love about having been selected for this. Obviously the Morgan Cup is awesome, but with it being pretty established at this point a newcomer may not make as much of a mark. Being the first folks to be #Kinged, I feel like we will be an integral part in this event's future pedigree!

No pressure! :alien:

Same here, I am really pumped for this event. I'm flying down to Seattle at the end of February to get some outside playing time. I'm also probably going to spend a weekend in Phoenix as well getting as much outdoor practice / rounds as I can. Can't wait to get to Orlando in April.

Had a meeting around the corner from Golf Galaxy today. They had just got their demos on the Big Bertha line.

Great looking stuff. Took a few very rusty swings with both the Alpha and regular. Very impressive looking and feeling drivers. The normal BB and a little more audible sound but the ball seemed to come off extremely hot. The Alpha feels extremely solid and definitely less forgiving.

I'm still very high on the new X2Hot Pro as well. Definite improvement over last years. If I wasn't so intrigued by the Alpha technology, I'd be rolling with that one for the #theking.

This really is one of the things I love about having been selected for this. Obviously the Morgan Cup is awesome, but with it being pretty established at this point a newcomer may not make as much of a mark. Being the first folks to be #Kinged, I feel like we will be an integral part in this event's future pedigree!

No pressure! :alien:
Exactly. Everyone loves the Morgan Cup because they can re-live the past and know how successful its been and will continue to be with the group of guys involved this year. No one knows how the king will end up on the THP legacy but we do know that we are going to do our best to make it everything and more it is planned to be so it can be enjoyed by others in the future.

Had a meeting around the corner from Golf Galaxy today. They had just got their demos on the Big Bertha line.

Great looking stuff. Took a few very rusty swings with both the Alpha and regular. Very impressive looking and feeling drivers. The normal BB and a little more audible sound but the ball seemed to come off extremely hot. The Alpha feels extremely solid and definitely less forgiving.

Yup, I made the right call haha

Team Harry is gonna need as many of said excuses as they can get after we pummel them into those soft Florida fairways :beat-up:

Haha, well hopefully you get to play some matches with Team Harry members who make the same driver choice, just so you're able to see what they're capable of :sinister:

Yup, I made the right call haha

Kind of 2nd guessing not going with my original pick of the X2Hot Pro, but I'm sure the Alpha will get the job done :)

Exactly. Everyone loves the Morgan Cup because they can re-live the past and know how successful its been and will continue to be with the group of guys involved this year. No one knows how the king will end up on the THP legacy but we do know that we are going to do our best to make it everything and more it is planned to be so it can be enjoyed by others in the future.

I like that DoubleJ. Sort of how it was for the Grandaddy.

Go into it giving your all and there's no chance it won't have an awesome legacy.

Back