2 Weeks before Golf Event & You've Lost Your Swing...

jlukes

Reaction score
What do you do in the next 10 days to get back on track?

Asking for a friend...

What helped you come a long way in prepping for #TheGrandaddy last year?

What helped you come a long way in prepping for #TheGrandaddy last year?

Lessons, but there's no time for that.

My instructor is booked through mid October

Dude, 47/60-107. 40 putts, 6+ lost balls yesterday. And I'm allegedly a 14.8. I'm not going to sweat it ... we are there to have fun. That said, I'm sure I'll get to the range a few times. And I bought more balls to cover me for the 3 rounds :)

Your friend needs a partner in said event to carry his @$$.

Simple solution really!

I'm a 4.5 with my last three rounds being 86, 82, 86.

Maybe we can be partners and just booze it up! Haha

But seriously, I need to get this crap in order

Put the clubs down for the next 10 days! Sometimes the best thing to do is to not think about it and just keep the clubs away.

Maybe roll the putter...but that's about it.

Lessons, but there's no time for that.

My instructor is booked through mid October

One wrong move causes a golf swing to disappear.. And sadly, as I have confirmed a few times, you're not going to be the one to find out what's wrong at the range by yourself.

Try a different instructor?

One wrong move causes a golf swing to disappear.. And sadly, as I have confirmed a few times, you're not going to be the one to find out what's wrong at the range by yourself.

Try a different instructor?

Yeah, just need a trained set of eyes.

I dunno man, I wouldn't sweat it. We are going to have fun regardless but I don't think those scores are that bad if you feel "lost." It might just be one or two little things that need to come together. we are close in caps and when I start finding the mid 80's it's usually one or two little things but the score makes me feel like it's a lot worse until I look back on the round.

Don't get stressed about it...you were in the grandaddy for crying out loud...you can handle this.

Put the clubs down for the next 10 days! Sometimes the best thing to do is to not think about it and just keep the clubs away.

Maybe roll the putter...but that's about it.

^^^this!!!

It's a THP Event brother. At the beautiful PGA National. None of that will matter...we guarantee fun.

I was just there with the gauntlet. Freaking sucked. I shot a 90 a week before and it followed me. A lesson beforehand actually hurt me as it put more thoughts in my head

I was just there with the gauntlet. Freaking sucked. I shot a 90 a week before and it followed me. A lesson beforehand actually hurt me as it put more thoughts in my head
And nothing could wipe that smile off your face. You looked like you were having a blast. #TheGauntlet was special.

Get back to basics and fundamentals to start with. I like to hit half and 3/4 shots and slowly build to a full swing

Forget the full swing. Start with putting. Then chips. Then pitches. And the full wedge swings. Then go back to the putting.

Forget the full swing. Start with putting. Then chips. Then pitches. And the full wedge swings. Then go back to the putting.

Putting has what has saved me. Definitely going to spend some time in the short game area over the next few days

Get back to basics and fundamentals to start with. I like to hit half and 3/4 shots and slowly build to a full swing
I second this one. It happens to me more than I would like to admit but going back to the basics always gets me back on track.

My swing is always 1 tiny glitch away from being useless.
To get it back I just need to hit balls until I find it back, usually by accident.

I'd say relax and let it go, the swing will come back in time and the less you stress about it the sooner it will happen. I get the shanks guaranteed a couple weeks before events and I think it's stress related, we tend to get all tense and stuff.

You could also send a vid of your swing to Freddie on the down lo and let him give it a look.

Take a few days off and do this ^^^^^^^^.

Nobody likes to embarrass them selves and this causes additional pressure. Paralysis by analysis is a killer so take some time to chill and think only about the fun you are about to be part of. Not the golf swing.

And nothing could wipe that smile off your face. You looked like you were having a blast. #TheGauntlet was special.

It was the THPers I was playing with! So much better than anything else out there IMO. Nothing like having fun while getting your butt thoroughly kicked. Watching Danny and Nate put a clinic on was something special as well.

After coming home and fully digesting everything from that weekend, all I can say to jlukes is just go have fun and get the thoughts out of there. On the back 9 on Sunday I finally let loose and controlled my tempo. I would tell myself I had to concentrate for 20 seconds per shot. So when my time was up to hit, I would start counting slowly to 20. It slowed everything down for me and made me swing free of any thoughts. The driver came around and that was fun again. Just have to remember that next time I make an event.

This was me. Couldn't hit anything shorter than a 6i and even then it was iffy. Then I went and toughed it out and managed to get a couple points to help my team win #TheGauntlet.

You'll be fine.

Lost mine this weekend too. Man it is a gross feeling.

Back