Srixon Z 545 Irons Preview

Having played both, the 745 is more forgiving than the AP2 IMO. But not by a whole lot, could just be shafts as I had PX 6.0 in the AP2 and tour 90 in the 745

Thanks to the Bearded one, these came for a short visit:
f99cf6149fee3f15cc7a37118a3b1139.jpg

But Tim is beast, yeesh! LOL
c0b906d169448818d38f14236581c56e.jpg

Last edited:

But Tim us beast, yeesh! LOL

So fricken good looking. Have to get my hands on these and should finally see them in person in a couple weeks

Went in & practiced on the launch monitor tonight. Afterwards I hit the z545 7i again against my 7i again. Results are still much better with the 545s. This time I took pics of the screen so I could compare later.

My TP CBs w/ DG XP R300s
Club Head Speed: 75.2 mph
Ball Speed: 102.3 mph
Launch Angle: 22.6*
Side Spin: 361 Left
Back Spin: 6553
Peak Height: 28 yds
Descent Angle: 47*
Carry: 137 yds
Offline: 9 yds Left
A little short, even for me. But all 8 shots from the average above were within 5 yards distance of each other. I was overcooking the draw as well.

z545s w/ DG S300s
Club Head Speed: 80.5 mph
Ball Speed: 108.3 mph
Launch Angle: 23.5*
Side Spin: 302
Back Spin: 3478
Peak Height: 33 yds
Descent Angle: 46*
Carry: 162 yds
Offline: 7 yds Left

I hadn't really paid attention to any numbers other than distance on my previous sessions with the z545 7i. But this time I did & the reasons these are so much longer than my TP CBs became pretty obvious. Club head speed is much higher in the Srixons & the TaylorMades had double the back spin. Crazy! Can someone tell me what's average spin rates are for 31* - 33* irons?

Unreleased Club To Be Named Later w/ DG S300s
Club Head Speed: 83.1 mph
Ball Speed: 113 mph
Launch Angle: 23.1*
Side Spin: 295 Left
Back Spin: 4095
Peak Height: 35 yds
Descent Angle: 47*
Carry: 166 yds
Offline: 5 yds left

Hit 8 balls with this 7i as well. Shafts are 3/4" longer than my TP CBs & 2* stronger loft (per the fitter. I didn't see actual specs). It had more offset than either of the other 2 clubs, but it was very forgiving of my over cooked draw iron swing. Really like the distance I was getting, but 2 of the shots were "jumpers" that could have hurt me bad on the course if there was trouble long. 1 of those carried 179 & the other 178. The rest were in the 160s. As much as I like the distance, I can't live with that big of carry inconsistency.

More to come later, but if I had to choose today, I'd still pick the 545s.

Hey Shakey...You actually have hit an unreleased club???? Is it still unreleased???? We are all curious now...Can you at least give us a hint???

That is a ridiculously great deal!

I was going to jump on them, but managed to contain myself until next week and really find out what combination of Shaft works the best. That is a great deal, I asked him if he wanted to trade for the 745's and he just said NO. No sense of humor

Thank you for the reply. Would you recommend one over the other.

I see you are in Florida, if you want to hit the 745 let me know and maybe we can get together and you can try them. I get back from Brazil late Friday afternoon

I see you are in Florida, if you want to hit the 745 let me know and maybe we can get together and you can try them. I get back from Brazil late Friday afternoon

Thank you for the offer. I work this weekend but definitely another time. I'm over on the east coast by Melbourne.

No problem I am not that far away, maybe we could meet in the middle (around Orlando) and get a practice round in. I am in town next week for the PGA show and maybe a round with the guys up at Mission Inn then traveling for work on and off all summer.

No problem I am not that far away, maybe we could meet in the middle (around Orlando) and get a practice round in. I am in town next week for the PGA show and maybe a round with the guys up at Mission Inn then traveling for work on and off all summer.

Sounds good. Warning though, just getting back into golf after 4.5 years.

No worries, I can play like I haven't swung a club in years just about anytime with no warning.

Srixon Z 545 Irons Preview

Would these be more forgiving than the AP2s? Thank.

Yes. Not in the same category of iron.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can game those dude. No doubt!

I'm freaking excited to. Love that sole.
I will tell you that after hitting Aarons a couple weeks ago, I want these. I loved how the sole performed. It reminds me of my Scor wedges.

I will tell you that after hitting Aarons a couple weeks ago, I want these. I loved how the sole performed. It reminds me of my Scor wedges.
I've got my gamers for the year, but I'm looking forward to some fun with these!

Hey Shakey...You actually have hit an unreleased club???? Is it still unreleased???? We are all curious now...Can you at least give us a hint???
Yep. It was the XRs. The embargo wasn't lifted till this morning, so I didn't want to give out the name.

I'd say the 545s fall somewhere in between the AP1 and AP2 and that the 745s are a better comparison to the AP2s

In looks at address I'd agree.

The rest - equal or surpassing AP1. Having played both. Similar specs and technology.

These may or may not get drooled on & passed around like a Wild West saloon girl Saturday morning.

These may or may not get drooled on & passed around like a Wild West saloon girl Saturday morning.

Have at them gents! These are too good not to be experienced

Back