Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same here man. Just in general I guess. I don't many specific ponders, but a few I want to try.

Gps watch. Dont know exactly what I want but I want the ability to stand at the tee and mark that as my tee spot so when I get to my ball I have an exact yardage as to how far I hit it.

New grips and stand bags. I think the UTx grips will be a little too harsh for my liking so i'm looking forward to trying out the UTx Wraps.

I have my eye on a few bags, but think I will settle on the Ogio Shredder for now because of the Woode system. Just need to find a design I like.

Drivers... I just cannot stop thinking about them. I have replaced all clubs in my bag for the season except driver.

I adore my Fast 12LS, but I love shiny and new!

Gps watch. Dont know exactly what I want but I want the ability to stand at the tee and mark that as my tee spot so when I get to my ball I have an exact yardage as to how far I hit it.

Most of them have that feature.

I've been a Bushnell fan since they came out just b/c battery life is so damn good.

I've been a Bushnell fan since they came out just b/c battery life is so damn good.
Do you know if the new Tomtom has that? I havent found much info on that

most of them have that feature and its nice to have, I also like to have an integrated scorecard.

bushnell batteries are hard to beat, but if you go garmin, the S4 is good enough for two rounds, where, the prior versions were not.

Do you know if the new Tomtom has that? I havent found much info on that

Sorry that's one I'm unfamilar with.

I cant wait for more info on the Tom Tom, it looks great

Stumbled upon a set of 2014 taylormade tp split set of cb and mc irons with pxi shafts. Last year I was liking the heads but the kbs shaft does nothing for me and I have been fitted into the pxi anyway. Couldn't afford the Taylormade upcharge so I scrapped it. Figured this spring I'd check out the ping I25, Apex with no upcharge on the pxi and the Nike vpc....

Now I stumble on these, pga pro changing sponsorships so I can get them for an obscenely low price....

My current irons I bought in 1986.

Stumbled upon a set of 2014 taylormade tp split set of cb and mc irons with pxi shafts. Last year I was liking the heads but the kbs shaft does nothing for me and I have been fitted into the pxi anyway. Couldn't afford the Taylormade upcharge so I scrapped it. Figured this spring I'd check out the ping I25, Apex with no upcharge on the pxi and the Nike vpc....

Now I stumble on these, pga pro changing sponsorships so I can get them for an obscenely low price....

My current irons I bought in 1986.

Honestly, I think the EYE2's are better than the 2014 TM CB/MC's.

wow that's saying a lot!

Not really, the TP line was aestetically pleasing, but IMO they were not very forgiving on misses, distance was mediocre, and they didn't feel spectacular. Solid, but I still believe the Speedblades were LIGHTYEARS better than the TP line.

New grips and stand bags. I think the UTx grips will be a little too harsh for my liking so i'm looking forward to trying out the UTx Wraps.

I have my eye on a few bags, but think I will settle on the Ogio Shredder for now because of the Woode system. Just need to find a design I like.

The "perfect" stand bag continues to elude me. I want the Woode system something fierce. The one you had a pic of is probably the best of the bunch.

Not really, the TP line was aestetically pleasing, but IMO they were not very forgiving on misses, distance was mediocre, and they didn't feel spectacular. Solid, but I still believe the Speedblades were LIGHTYEARS better than the TP line.

I know they didn't get very good reviews, but saying they are not even as good as a model this old seems to be a bold statement.

with that said, I havent tried any of the two irons, just a random tought

That's true, but the Eye2 are some of the more "timeless" iron sets out there. I'd probably be relatively happy playing those or a set of 845s today.

I know they didn't get very good reviews, but saying they are not even as good as a model this old seems to be a bold statement.

with that said, I havent tried any of the two irons, just a random tought

Just my personal opinion.

Just my personal opinion.

Is there any way to igve a "sarcastic Thanks" on here??:D I was talking to the Ping guy when I was in Arizona and he was saying the Ping s55, TM MC were more forgiving than the eye 2's are. My issue the last few years with the eye 2's is the fact that I'm using a 1986 design with a 2014 design ball. I'm on the GC2 almost every day and I'll hit my 6 iron 170 yards if I nut it, I can grab my bosses Muira irons, totally NOT fit for me and hit it 190 un-nutted. my irons launch the ball too high and with too much spin. Granted I have not checked the lofts, pointless anyway since they can't be bent but I've grabbed an old set of stainless ete 2's and get the same result.

What is funny is this past summer I pulled out a couple old titleist professional balls and htey went further off the irons... more a ball from that era. What was noticeable compared to pro v was more spin and a lower ball flight.

The PXI works well for me, I like the look of TM's and for the price, I can't pass it up. ....wish me luck!

I'm shaft pondering now in the infinite snow white boredom. High atop the list is the Speeder 757 for my Covert. Next is an Aldila Tour Green for my fairway wood. People are blowing out the Nike fitting cart 757's so I'm scouring the bay for one right now. I'm pondering the tour green only because I love them in my hybrids so much.

Mizuno JPX 825 irons
Wedges
Footjoy DNA or HyperFlex - grey/orange
Stand bag

V Series and Alpha 815 drivers! Trying to decide if the 815 is worth the extra coin!

50/08 Vokey SM5 F grind... Only because I don't want to jack with bending my 52... Off to the bay

Looking for some SGI clubs for cheap to get back into the game. I see there's a bunch of Mashies, MT's and Altitudes out there for cheap right now, but I'm still looking. Waiting for 2 weeks to see what all my options are. Maybe go down to PGA SuperStore to see what they have on the shelf and I've been watching global golf.

I will get a bag of shovels, just don't know which ones yet. The MT/Tudes are kind of winning the fight right now.

Still hard pondering the VPCs. Next weekend I'll be getting some numbers and that may help the decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back