Bridgestone J15 Driving Forged Irons

I think the forgiveness is greater in the DFs. They launch higher than the DPCs all with a smaller profile.

DFs are top, xforged #2 and Apex pros falling into last.

Distance belongs to DFs over booth. the forgiveness is better with DFs over forged but less than the apex.

Looks belong to xforged then DFs.

All were good on spin and turf interaction.

I think the DFs long irons launch higher than the other two. Let me know if you need any other info.

Nailed it. Thanks for the breakdown.

Its always going to feel a little different going from one head and shaft to another completely different head and shaft. I remember loving my previous set of irons and then went for the J40 CB with C-tapers. After getting them I thought I made a huge mistake by getting the C Taper because I was thinning everything and just not playing good golf. I gave it a few weeks and its the best combo I've ever hit. I don't think I could ever pass judgment on an iron after just a couple rounds, there is always going to be an adjustment period for most people.

Im not sure if any of you have tried the TM TP CB irons but if anyone has can they compare them to these? I have the TM CB's but have really liked the look of these, are these J15's more forgiving on toe hits(that's my main miss), or if anyone has the TM CB irons on hand to show pictures would be great. Thanks

Because I am not going to spend 800$ on shafts if I dont like the heads. gotta try em out first.... Mid Cap is me and I dont think they are that forgiving. J40 PC and I am assuming the DPF are for mid cappers in my book, the DF look and feel like a CB, I would never recommend these to anyone who was not a very good ball striker. Frankly the DFs seem redundant, why not just get the CBs??

so you're thinking about selling them??? :call-me:

I still think they were some of the easiest to hit irons I tried all day at the PGA show, these with the Aerotech's were magic.

These with recoil 95 F4 is most likely the way I'm going.

Im not sure if any of you have tried the TM TP CB irons but if anyone has can they compare them to these? I have the TM CB's but have really liked the look of these, are these J15's more forgiving on toe hits(that's my main miss), or if anyone has the TM CB irons on hand to show pictures would be great. Thanks

Good question. I have the TM CB's as well. But if I were to go for a new set of irons it would be something in the GI line. Maybe even the J15 Cast or say the Wilson D200's.

I hit the CB's "ok" but why get another set of basically the same thing.

Lots of great information in here. I cannot stress enough for those thinking about any of the Bridgestone new offering the Test Drive program may be just what you need to find what you want. Immediate gratification?..... No. Informed purchase?....... Oh heck yes!
JM

Lots of great information in here. I cannot stress enough for those thinking about any of the Bridgestone new offering the Test Drive program may be just what you need to find what you want. Immediate gratification?..... No. Informed purchase?....... Oh heck yes!
JM

Agree...best possible thing to do. Nothing better than being able to actually take them out and fully play them before deciding. Wish every company offered such an awesome program to try everything first.

Because I am not going to spend 800$ on shafts if I dont like the heads. gotta try em out first.... Mid Cap is me and I dont think they are that forgiving. J40 PC and I am assuming the DPF are for mid cappers in my book, the DF look and feel like a CB, I would never recommend these to anyone who was not a very good ball striker. Frankly the DFs seem redundant, why not just get the CBs??

i am a mid capper and there is a difference in the CB AND DF. The forgiveness is better on the DFs and several from the BstoneU event feel the same way. I hit several shots on the course with the DFs from the fairway, rough and off the tee. The DG pro shaft is a great combo with these irons, if not then there are several options. My swing at Bstone U was not even close to mis season form and I hadn't swung a club in weeks and found the DFs pretty easy to hit.

bridgestone has a great line in the J15 and each model can and will fit pretty much anyone.

You'll get more forgiveness out of the DFs than CBs and more feedback out of the CBs. That's what my hands told my head anyways... If you want/need ultimate forgiveness then go with the DPFs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This will be my set up.

Bridgestone J15 DF 4-PW w/ Recoil 95 F4 shaft w/ Orange Ferrule w/ Pure Pro-Standard Orange built up to midsize*

*Still have to find out if I can get mid size grips if so then mid size with 2 wraps.

Finally got to the range to hit my set(DG Pro R300 shafts) and yes I am very pleased. My swing wasn't exactly consistent which in a way was a good thing to see how these reacted. I was launching these higher than my J40 DPC with recoils which I was happy to see. Distance I can't say since I was in a dome. My main mishit was towards the heel today and although I know there will be yardage lost the ball still launched well and stayed on path. The few I hit off the toe were pretty far towards the toe at the end of the grooves and well I got the results I expected. There is forgiveness in these irons but a poor swing like those will penalize you. The sound/feel of these was exactly what I remember and liked about them. I even hit the 4 and 5i and although there is no chance of my gaming the 4i over my 4h I think the 5i might actually have a shot of getting a spot in my bag which shocked me. I can't wait to hit these more especially outside where I can see yardages.

The long irons launch high and soft. I know that's an over played sentiment but those that have played with me know I don't hit my long irons high and these launch high. Far to easy to be good with these clubs

The long irons launch high and soft. I know that's an over played sentiment but those that have played with me know I don't hit my long irons high and these launch high. Far to easy to be good with these clubs

Freddie, Have you hit the XR Pro and do they compare at all to these? I am seriously pondering again and these are on top of the list with the XR Pro.

I will get my set probably next month, so I am happy to see that you had a good experience with J15df.
My actual set is J40 DPC with Project X steel and I was looking for a higher trajectory and more distance and I hope with a similar forgiveness.

Freddie, Have you hit the XR Pro and do they compare at all to these? I am seriously pondering again and these are on top of the list with the XR Pro.
The XR pros are legit launching pads. Thicker top line with greater perimeter forgiveness. The DFs are IMO the most forgiving players iron on the market in 2015

I will get my set probably next month, so I am happy to see that you had a good experience with J15df.
My actual set is J40 DPC with Project X steel and I was looking for a higher trajectory and more distance and I hope with a similar forgiveness.

Forgiveness will be a little less than your DPCs. The DPF will have similar or more forgiveness.

Love updates guys, keep em coming.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The XR pros are legit launching pads. Thicker top line with greater perimeter forgiveness. The DFs are IMO the most forgiving players iron on the market in 2015

I agree with both of these posts 100%, Freddie. The DFs are something special to say the least. When we were down in Orlando and I was hitting these I walked over to JB and said, "These irons are really making me wish I didn't just buy these Mizunos". I still ponder these from time to time.

The long irons get up quick, but don't balloon and the short irons had a good penetrating flight for me as well. The feel of this, while totally subjective, is pretty darn amazing. It's tough to explain to be honest with you. Much different than my Mizunos (which feel amazing even on mis-hits). You can still feel the miss, but it's not as penal as the MP15. It was tough to tell on the range that day with the wind and everything, but it did seem like off-center shots still got out there like they were hit pure.

Great.....now I'm pondering these again...:banghead:

I agree with both of these posts 100%, Freddie. The DFs are something special to say the least. When we were down in Orlando and I was hitting these I walked over to JB and said, "These irons are really making me wish I didn't just buy these Mizunos". I still ponder these from time to time.

I'm particularly interested in your opinion of J15DF vs your JP-X850f.. I was heavily leaning toward buying the Mizunos as they are REALLY eye candy (and hit pretty good) but I also have a little something for Bridgestone... What advice (apart from hitting both) would you give to someone considering those 2 clubs?

I'm particularly interested in your opinion of J15DF vs your JP-X850f.. I was heavily leaning toward buying the Mizunos as they are REALLY eye candy (and hit pretty good) but I also have a little something for Bridgestone... What advice (apart from hitting both) would you give to someone considering those 2 clubs?

I would say the feedback that I got from the DFs was the biggest difference. Everything with the 850f feels like it's hit dead center. While it's not something to get hung up on, it's something I noticed. The ball flight and launch are very similar IMO. Both seem to move through the turf really well and didn't dig into wet turf. In terms of forgiveness they both do an excellent job and not punishing you for missing heel or toe side. I feel like the DFs had a slight edge in those shots caught a little thin. It just seemed like the ball got up in the air with no issues.

My advice would be to try and hit them side by side and see which one feels best and gives you the results you're looking for. I don't think you can go wrong with either one of these to be honest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New to the forum just to post this question. I've been following this thread for quite some time - very interested in the DF offering.

Here's my question. I've always been a blade player. I like thin toplines, compact heads, etc. However, I see that the Bridgestone irons have wider soles. Interestingly, I noticed that the DF seems to feel a little more compact than the CB, which I thought was a little opposite of what you'd expect. So, I'm wondering how much different in playablity the two are, as the DF seems to be the more attractive design to my eye. Any thoughts?

Welcome to THP!

I have the DFs and will be able to report back after this weekend when I put these head to head with the CB. As a former blade player, these are as close as I have seen without being blades. The added width of the sole makes them easy to elivate. BUt I will be sure to update the thread after my round on Friday.
New to the forum just to post this question. I've been following this thread for quite some time - very interested in the DF offering.

Here's my question. I've always been a blade player. I like thin toplines, compact heads, etc. However, I see that the Bridgestone irons have wider soles. Interestingly, I noticed that the DF seems to feel a little more compact than the CB, which I thought was a little opposite of what you'd expect. So, I'm wondering how much different in playablity the two are, as the DF seems to be the more attractive design to my eye. Any thoughts?

Back