2015 Live Driver Test - THPers Give Feedback - Tampa Bay Area

Which club was giving you the most carry?

There were several different lofts so a true comparison is difficult but the Bridgestone 815 and the Callaway BB815 were both good for me.

How does the xr compare to last year's X2 HOT?

Higher launching with less spin. Sounds completely different as well.

Higher launching with less spin. Sounds completely different as well.

Is one easier to hit your target and line up for you?

I was not impressed with the Xhot and X2 hot drivers in terms of sound. The XR and new BB815s are incredible. I tend to be a lower launch with the driver and really high spin. The BB815 and DBD were incredible. Could have been even better with a lower spin shaft for me.

Looking back on this event, I wish I had a better plan going in for my selections and my reviews. I feel like there are a few clubs that I should have hit which I didn't, and I should have taken more pictures and taken my time to provide more detailed info. I intentionally didn't do any research on many of the drivers prior to this event, simply because I didn't want the information to influence my own perceptions. I was so afraid of wearing out my shoulder that I didn't swing enough of them on the range as well.

Looking back on this event, I wish I had a better plan going in for my selections and my reviews. I feel like there are a few clubs that I should have hit which I didn't, and I should have taken more pictures and taken my time to provide more detailed info. I intentionally didn't do any research on many of the drivers prior to this event, simply because I didn't want the information to influence my own perceptions. I was so afraid of wearing out my shoulder that I didn't swing enough of them on the range as well.

I feel the same way. Wish I had hit the other 2 Nike drivers after hitting the Speed so well on the course. Hope we get to do these maybe annually or every other year maybe... hint hint ;-)

I feel the same way. Wish I had hit the other 2 Nike drivers after hitting the Speed so well on the course. Hope we get to do these maybe annually or every other year maybe... hint hint ;-)

There will definitely be chances, but THP Events are not always held in FL : )

Back