The Official Tiger Woods Thread

If he is looking to shoes to fixing his short game now.....maybe it is the end.

I only bring it up as a fix because I remember an interview where he was asked about Keegan's Jordan shoes and he talked about the height of the shoe affecting putting, ect.

It's come to this: I'm irrationally excited about how well Tiger played in the practice round today. No chipping issues, handful of birdies and generally looked pretty good. I realize it's a Monday afternoon practice round, but maybe he's not as far off from good form as he was in Phoenix or San Diego? Yes, I'm a hopelessly optimistic Tiger fan.

It's come to this: I'm irrationally excited about how well Tiger played in the practice round today. No chipping issues, handful of birdies and generally looked pretty good. I realize it's a Monday afternoon practice round, but maybe he's not as far off from good form as he was in Phoenix or San Diego? Yes, I'm a hopelessly optimistic Tiger fan.
What did he shoot?

I heard he yanked his 1st drive into the 9th fairway and then made birdie haha.

todays practice round, sounds like all other non tournament rounds I have heard about

What did he shoot?

I heard he yanked his 1st drive into the 9th fairway and then made birdie haha.

No official score in a practice round, but.....

All I know is that he was controlling the spin well around the greens with various shots.

My brother followed Tiger and O'Mera a bit this afternoon. He said Tiger looked thin and not nearly as muscular. That would probably be a good thing for him.

Also said that he practiced an awful lot around the greens.

My brother followed Tiger and O'Mera a bit this afternoon. He said Tiger looked thin and not nearly as muscular. That would probably be a good thing for him.

Also said that he practiced an awful lot around the greens.

i think that is really good, but also makes me wonder (i will leave it at that)

Bleacher Report....Almost as good as using Twitter to create articles on the tour like some "media" members do.

I totally understand your and others take on Bleacher Report. But to be fair, it's a much more credible sports site than when it was first launched.

Dan Levy is a professional journalist, having spent time at the Washington Post and The Sporting News as well as Sirus Radio.

I totally understand your and others take on Bleacher Report. But to be fair, it's a much more credible sports site than when it was first launched.

Dan Levy is a professional journalist, having spent time at the Washington Post and The Sporting News as well as Sirus Radio.

Its a click farm. While they might have some reputable journalists that write some articles, the entire goal is to garner quick clicks for little substance and churn articles. At one point recently, something like 25% of their articles were based solely on social media posts.

Tiger had the biggest following today by far so: mission accomplished

Its a click farm. While they might have some reputable journalists that write some articles, the entire goal is to garner quick clicks for little substance and churn articles. At one point recently, something like 25% of their articles were based solely on social media posts.

Gotcha. More quantity than quality as for content?

I just knew that a Baltimore based writer who had worked for the Sun and the Ravens team went to work for them as well.

Thanks for the explanation.

I'm excited and really want a good showing for Tiger. Other golfers are tying to take the reigns, but Tiger rose at the right time. He caught lighting in a bottle and made fans of guys who never would have given golf a second look.

I don't care if he wins, I just want to see him compete, play with feel and make the cut. I don't want to see the mechanical Tiger we've seen the last few tournaments he has played.

I don't want to see the mechanical Tiger we've seen the last few tournaments he has played.

How long does it take to "DeFoley"? Is it like a 12 step program or 30 day program?

So I'm watching the replay of the day's Masters coverage, who's this imposter that looks like Tiger going around smiling and hugging people?

How long does it take to "DeFoley"? Is it like a 12 step program or 30 day program?

I have no idea. I don't know much about his new coach to say what the time is to "undo" the Foley swing.

Looking at GC right now his chipping looks more fluid than the last time we saw him. Then again it's a practice round and doing it when it counts will tell the true story.

I think he will be fine. DeFoleying has to be the best reasoning here.

Haha it will be a life long commitment.

Is there a patch for that?

Hopefully we get a normal looking pair of tw shoes.

Golf Channel@GolfChannel 1m1 minute ago
Tiger wore his old TW'11 spikes on Monday. Nike confirmed it's the result of a swing change:

I was just coming in to this thread to post I saw this on Instagram. Hell, maybe that's why he hasn't been the Tiger of old! It's the damn shoes! Now I'm questioning whether or not I should have ordered a pair of the new TW15's! :alien:

I was just coming in to this thread to post I saw this on Instagram. Hell, maybe that's why he hasn't been the Tiger of old! It's the damn shoes! Now I'm questioning whether or not I should have ordered a pair of the new TW15's! :alien:

I'm hoping it means the TW15 shoes go on sale fairly quickly. :alien:

Back