Bradley v Jimenez

Here are the rules
http://csga.asn.au/cms/pennants/matchplay-and-caddy-guidelines/

TURN UP, KEEP UP and SHUT UP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

are these copy pasta from usga, or specific to to the central southern golf association? if not from usga, while it may make sense, it's not a rule. but I will say after reading this, my opinion is starting to change. I'm starting to think pepsi overstepped, and even though telling someone to shut up is disrespectful and inappropriate, pepsi - and this goes to show how juvenile this whole thing is - started it.

are these copy pasta from usga, or specific to to the central southern golf association? if not from usga, while it may make sense, it's not a rule. but I will say after reading this, my opinion is starting to change. I'm starting to think pepsi overstepped, and even though telling someone to shut up is disrespectful and inappropriate, pepsi - and this goes to show how juvenile this whole thing is - started it.

That is from a rulebook in Australia, it has no bearing on the situation at hand. There may be a similar rule here, but that rulebook means nothing.

Also, I still say we have no idea who started it, because my guess is that had been brewing for several holes. Thinking Keegan is a bully from that is comical.

Millionaires fighting, so cool. Oh to have their problems

That is from a rulebook in Australia, it has no bearing on the situation at hand. There may be a similar rule here, but that rulebook means nothing.

Also, I still say we have no idea who started it, because my guess is that had been brewing for several holes. Thinking Keegan is a bully from that is comical.

I wish we could get more info on what (if anything) happened during the match that set the wheels in motion for this, or if it really was an isolated incident. I'm with you, it does feel like there's more to this story.

I wish we could get more info on what (if anything) happened during the match that set the wheels in motion for this, or if it really was an isolated incident. I'm with you, it does feel like there's more to this story.

In the second video you can hear Keegan say something about it not taking as much time as last time.

In the second video you can hear Keegan say something about it not taking as much time as last time.

For Pepsi to say, "You want to delay some more Miguel?" (rather it was in a accent or not, will change from person to person)

There's way more to this than we know and what the parties involved are willing to discuss.

From what I read, Jimenez wanted to take a drop on the 13th but wasn't allowed. It slowed the round to a halt and he was not happy with the ruling.

Millionaires fighting, so cool. Oh to have their problems

In fairness, they are competitive players and want to win. It's built into their blood. In fact it would shock me to see a golfer shrug off a ruling that benefits the other player.

That said, an aggressor starts every altercation, and in this case, I think it's pretty clearly MAJ (although I'll concede it was childish of Pepsi to ask him if he wanted to delay any further).

In fairness, they are competitive players and want to win. It's built into their blood. In fact it would shock me to see a golfer shrug off a ruling that benefits the other player.

That said, an aggressor starts every altercation, and in this case, I think it's pretty clearly MAJ.

Agree'd. By the sounds he wasn't happy and was looking to rant to someone.

MAJ started it,

Pepsi fuel'd the fire,

and oddly enough I think Keegan was the only somewhat cool headed one here.

Two points on this.

First, I get a sense throughout the video that the caddie is actually holding back, and I think that's a reflection of his IMMEDIATE response of backing off when Bradley told him to back off. Frankly, that speaks volumes that he's Keegan's guy and while he's human like anyone else, he recognizes that.

Second, Keegan is a bully for telling him to back off and stepping in between his caddie and someone telling his caddie to shut up? That's funny. Many funnies.

It's kind of annoying that this has become a 'that side of the pond, this side of the pond' argument, but I guess it doesn't surprise me.

So you don't think Bradley was using his height and squaring up to intimidate ? A bully is someone who try's to use their stature, appearance and attitude to get what they want. Bradley used all them! As I said it was a verbal argument that was turned in to something physical because Bradley knew he could.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So you don't think Bradley was using his height and squaring up to intimidate ? A bully is someone who try's to use their stature, appearance and attitude to get what they want. Bradley used all them! As I said it was a verbal argument that was turned in to something physical because Bradley knew he could.

Maybe there is a different definition of bully across the pond.

I agree, they are all intense folks and I was making light of it. It is beyond me a guy who has never broke par to imagine the stress they must feel. There is probably a lot more things like this we never hear about.

First I see through race card now the bully card. Hoe about this stay the course. MAJ used poor judgement telling Coca-Cola... I mean Pepsi to.'shut up'. That's it, nothing more. Stop troll'n and move on. This has become a joke.

I'm not sure the AU CSGA rules will hold up as it relates to the PGA Tour, but I could be wrong. I can't seem to find anything in the USGA rules of golf to say anything similar.

Maybe the aussies has thought about it. MAJ has the right to question what the opponent does. Caddy has no buisness speaking for his player. In the end its player vs player.

There is nothing 'physical' about what KB did. Not a chance dude. The fact that he's taller than MAJ doesn't mean he's being physical by placing himself between the other player and his caddie. If you want to argue 'physical' you can watch the handshake at the end of the match where MAJ touches KB on the shoulder. That's the only thing physical that happened between the two players beyond a standard handshake.

I'm actually entertained at the idea of MAJ and KB going to blows. It'd never, ever happen.

Also, bullies tell people to 'shut up' so there's another 'strike' for MAJ if we're keeping score.

I'd argue that a bully is a person who makes fun of someone's accent.

Though, I appear to be the only person hearing it in the video.

Maybe the aussies has thought about it. MAJ has the right to question what the opponent does. Caddy has no buisness speaking for his player. In the end its player vs player.

I don't really know what to reply with here.

1 - Of.... course they thought about it here?
1a - That still doesn't make it a rule

I'm glad you've got your opinion, and you're welcome to that, but until a rule confirms it, it's really not just 'player vs player'

I don't really know what to reply with here.

1 - Of.... course they thought about it here?
1a - That still doesn't make it a rule

I'm glad you've got your opinion, and you're welcome to that, but until a rule confirms it, it's really not just 'player vs player'

True. Pretty sure WGC or R&A will adjust appropriate caddie coutume before next event

Maybe he did.. I certainly didn't hear it, although i am sure MAJ is more sensitive about it as he improves on his English (which I'm sure isn't an easy thing)

haha, I'm out though. I can't believe I got sucked into this one.:bulgy-eyes:

i would almost swear I heard that as well.

If Pepsi was attempting to copy Majs accent, he sucks at accents even worse than I do.

Maybe he did.. I certainly didn't hear it, although i am sure MAJ is more sensitive about it as he improves on his English (which I'm sure isn't an easy thing)

haha, I'm out though. I can't believe I got sucked into this one.:bulgy-eyes:

If Pepsi was attempting to copy Majs accent, he sucks at accents even worse than I do.

I don't know, maybe it's one of those things that once someone mentioned it, I now think I hear it.

There is nothing 'physical' about what KB did. Not a chance dude. The fact that he's taller than MAJ doesn't mean he's being physical by placing himself between the other player and his caddie. If you want to argue 'physical' you can watch the handshake at the end of the match where MAJ touches KB on the shoulder. That's the only thing physical that happened between the two players beyond a standard handshake.

I'm actually entertained at the idea of MAJ and KB going to blows. It'd never, ever happen.

Also, bullies tell people to 'shut up' so there's another 'strike' for MAJ if we're keeping score.

Bradley could have stood where he was and exchanged opinions or argued but he approached Jimenez in an aggressive way and tried to intimidate him. Why would he have approached him otherwise?

Back