Jonas Blixt Driver Toss

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Is club throwing getting more common or just more covered? Not a good look for sure.

• Admin
Added the Vine to the 1st post.

I didn't see that, but I did see the result of a driver toss on Monday when a guy on the 5th tee threw his driver into the air after a bad shot that got stuck at the top of the bushes surrounding the tee. Needless to say, everyone else in his group were laughing at him but none of them were able to get it back down

He doesn't quite have Rory's form, but it was a solid effort nonetheless.

His form was a bit weak and not much distance.

Hahahaha, Cobra has to love seeing that.

Seemed to me like a casual frustrated toss into the water--as opposed to an anger filled ranty chuck of the club. I'm not sure that makes a difference, but I can related to Jonas....

not nearly the passion Rory showed with his toss. wonder if they had to pay for the clubs if they would still toss them.

His form was a bit weak and not much distance.
It was a nonchalant "You are dead to me, driver" throw. I give him an 8.5 for style, and a 9.0 for the masking the vitriol with feigned indifference.

not nearly the passion Rory showed with his toss. wonder if they had to pay for the clubs if they would still toss them.

As much money as they make, if they did have to pay, a new driver is loose change they find in the couch.

Weak sauce. Club throws were so early 2015 #rory

Meh, do something original, go hand it to some lucky spectator. That may not be original I guess.

Pro's can just go get another club after heaving theirs into the water. What really perplexes me is when "regular golfers" toss a club in anger or frustration. With the cost of clubs, it sure isn't something I would do.

Water is lame, id like to see a toss into one of the trees or something lol. Guess he could just give it to a spectator too

I always blame the club too when my shots go wayward. :laughing:

Guess I might be in the minority, this just doesn't phase me to see anyone do this. Just kind of a shrug my shoulders, welp there goes another guy on a temper tantrum. Will say tho he could have just given it away, someone would have probably LOVED to have it as a souvenir.....just saying.

"Fly" Z.

Not enough height on this one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Almost drenched my keyboard when I saw this. Classic. LOL. Maybe if he flipped the weight around he'd have gotten less rotational spin and more distance.

The driver was obviously faulty

Something tells me that driver won't be recovered by a scuba diver then kept by TPC Sawgrass to put on display.

"Hey kids, watch how the Pro's handle a flubbed shot".......

Blixt hadn't been the only one. Rose went ballistic yesterday and Poults went nuts today. I guess the course is getting to these guys lol.

Back