The Official Tiger Woods Thread

I remember watching Nicklaus after winning his last Major. Slowly he began playing fewer and fewer events, occasionally popping up on the leader board once in a while. Than he just slowly disappeared until the Senior Tour . I'm not sure if Tiger has plans to play the senior tour, but going this route would be peaceful for him. The problem is that the media let Nicklaus go, the media now is not allowing Tiger to do this. All athletes should be allowed to wind down their careers in peace, and let us remember them how they were

The media is the cause of this

Im assuming this is sarcasm?
The media does not announce his schedule on social media.
The media does not announce any plans during the final day of tournaments.

The media is to blame for a lot of the nonsense in coverage, but blaming the media for not allowing Tiger Woods a "peaceful exit from the sport" is downright hysterical.

These guys are all too competitive to walk away from the game gracefully. MJ, Favre, hell, Kobe; these guys will only walk away from the game kicking and screaming until the nightmarish reality sets in they aren't competitive any more. So long as they think they have something left in the tank, they'll keep grinding. Tiger isn't any different. He still thinks he can reach a competitive level and I imagine he'll keep going at it until he starts missing cuts or his exemptions run out or something. Or some kind of injury pops up.

How did TW win this event in 2012 again? What's the difference between then and now besides the back surgery, a few years and a few "coaching changes?"

Yes there is sarcasm here, but not that much.

The PGA should have made Tiger use a cart today.

I did not see any of his last 2 rounds. His front 9 today was decent (34,-2). What happened yesterday and on the back today?

I did not see any of his last 2 rounds. His front 9 today was decent (34,-2). What happened yesterday and on the back today?

He played bad golf.
Bad tee game, average irons, decent putter and average wedges.
That leads to lots of bogeys.

Holy crap. While this is a bit misleading, because he does not play a ton of PGA Tour events, this is eye opening.

He played bad golf.
Are there enough flashes for his fans to be hopeful... His 2nd round and front 9 today or does he just have too much to figure out?

Holy crap. While this is a bit misleading, because he does not play a ton of PGA Tour events, this is eye opening.

that is just embarrasing

CG6E0YBUcAEl9xV.png:large

Gotta love Jenkins, always grinding that ax. Talk about someone who needs to hang it up.

I fail to see the relevance of today's round other than a pro golfer shot 85. I honestly could careless what a specific golfer shot because as a fan of good golf, I've lost interest. While great golf happens once in a while (recent Masters comes to mind), I would much rather watch good golf week in and week out and be interested in golf on TV again than wait for the next great round to come about having to endure crap that is golf on TV now. Tiger woods, for me, is just another golfer that teed it up this week. The constant need to see if "he will return to form" is beyond entertaining now. One reason I hate watching Golf Channel for any tourney he's entered. I watch for golf action or highlights, not to hear a retired golfer who had hand surgery or won 1 event and couldn't regain his form try and work out verbally the problems facing a golfer. Only analyst I truly respect is David Duval

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So when guys like Michael Breed or Butch Harmon talk, you don't listen?

Is that true, that's just crazy. That's sad.

So when guys like Michael Breed or Butch Harmon talk, you don't listen?

Usually guys like Butch Harmon or Michael Breed aren't on golf central giving analysis of play for that day.

Usually guys like Butch Harmon or Michael Breed aren't on golf central giving analysis of play for that day.

Got. So it has to do with the person's relation to the Golf Channel.

Got. So it has to do with the person's relation to the Golf Channel.

Not really. More so the person's real life experience and knowledge in tour golf. Frank nobilo (sic) is someone I respect from his time on tour

Not really. More so the person's real life experience and knowledge in tour golf. Frank nobilo (sic) is someone I respect from his time on tour

But not Brandel Chamblee or Notah Begay?

If we're being honest, no.

Even though Brandel has as many PGA tour wins as Nobilo and Notah has 3 more?

He played bad golf.

This about sums up my game.

Notah is removed because his head is so far up Tigers ass he knows what tiger is eating before tiger does.

Notah is removed because his head is so far up Tigers ass he knows what tiger is eating before tiger does.

#thetigerprobe

Even though Brandel has as many PGA tour wins as Nobilo and Notah has 3 more?

Yes just because with nobilo's assistant capt selections he has been more in the current game than the old generations games that Begay, chamblee experienced.

Back