over 50's and what do you use

54, clubs below, 15.3. I play whites or blues depending on the course/yardage.

Clubs in my signature (though currently I'm reviewing and playing the TaylorMade RSi 2 irons).

Handicap has gone from 3 to 6+ due to short game struggles :/

68 years old and play Ping G-25 irons and TM woods that are a few generations old. The irons are very forgiving, and the woods have a generous sweet spot.

54 and just got fitted. New clubs listed.

Driver - Taylormade R15 9.5 stiff
4 wood - Callaway XR stiff
4 and 5 hybrids - Callaway Big Bertha stiff recoil
Irons - Callaway XR stiff recoil
Wedges - Ping glide 50-54-58

Love them!!

Tommy

58 (did I say that out loud?!), current Hcp is 4.7, clubs below. I have no trouble with distance and still play from the back tees - love it.

I'm 60 and my current 16+ handicap has been rocketing upward all season. :banghead: Currently playing R flex Rocket Bladez but the sad truth is I've always had a low swing speed and played R flex when I was younger too. I recently demoed irons with graphite shafts and plan to either reshaft mine or get something newer in graphite. Really felt a lot smoother and my hands and forearms felt so much better than they normally do after hitting that many shots. The rest of my bag is in my sig, all R flex. The cobra hybrid is the first hybrid I've owned, my prior set went up to 1 iron it was so old.

I'm 67, I just got my handicap card for July with a 15.3 index. I use the Hot2x Callaway irons and Taylor made driver and woods. It's some what weird, I can hit Callaway irons better than others, but not their drivers and fairway medals. The reverse is true of Taylor Made. My wife got me the Callaway Rx driver and I can't hit the broad side of a barn with it. Nothing seems to do better than my 5 year old Taylor Made. I have actually given up trying to hit a 3 wood, I've tried every model made and nothing absolutely nothing works.

I am 61, my clubs are in my sig. Usually shoot in the 90's-100 on a regulation 6200 yard course, although I have been awful the last 3 weeks or so.

I'll be 52 in a week or so and I'm going back to my Hogan Apex Plus irons after a couple of affairs with Wilson Staff FG V2's and Mizuno MP-15's over the last 3 years. The Hogans are simply the most incredible feeling clubs I have ever played. They have been in my bag for over 15 years and at this point will probably be until I can't swing any more. They have the DG S300 shaft +.75".

I've only played 6 times this year and my low was an 83 and my high was a 90.

Last edited:
I switch between blades and GI's. HC is high right now, but normally around 10+-.

I'm 50. My sticks are shown in my signature. I'm currently playing to an 11.8.

I am almost 50 (just a little over a year and I will be 50) usually play around 6700 yards and I am 10 trending to 11. Irons are muira CB 1008 with f15 matrix 120 gram stiff but they are a little stout for me now days.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

52, clubs are in the signature, all regular flex shafts, sitting at a very unofficial 27-ish handicap.

I'll be 50 in November....my signature is accurate, all stafts are regular flex....I'm most comfortable around 6400 yds

60 here, clubs in Sig. Still playing stiff flex in all of my clubs at this time, I've had my irons for 14 years and really think I should go graphic shafts in them and get away from the S300 in my current ones. My hands get pretty stiff the day after a round, but I picked up a set of AP1s with graphite shafts and just struggled with my swing due to how light they were. Play the white tees and shot in the upper 70's to low 80's

Stiff flex in Callaway Razor X tours plus 1 1/2" and 2* upright. Driver is Callaway Big Bertha stuff shaft. 4 wood is Bridgestone j40 stiff shaft, rescue is 915 stiff, and my putter is a 1972 Ben Hogan 1415 model

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

I'm turning 53 this year. See my signature. I have my M1 driver set to 8 degrees low spin. I can't explain why but it works. I play from the blues and I like playing long courses. I'm 16 point something in the USGA handicap and score anywhere from the low to high 90's.

I'm 59 and been working on fitness, health and my game consistently over the past 7 years, so I'm actually the longest I've ever been. Generally play the tips unless the course tops 6,800 yards (at or around sea level). You can see my clubs in the signature. Been fitted for everything down to the 9-iron.

I'm 51 and so far have held off a big decline on the golf course but I know that can't last much longer. I normally don't play anything shorter than 6500 or longer than 7000 yards. I did switch to GI irons with my XR Pro's last year but my index hasn't improved because of them. I still play extra stiff flex shafts in my woods but gave up the DG X100's for softer KBS V110 stiff shafts in my irons a few years ago. I'm currently a +0.5 and hopefully trending down but for the last 25 years it's all about the flat stick for me.

60 - am reworking swing with instructor, so haven't played enough for hc - but depending on course/yardage 79-85.

My fitter saw my bag and told me to trade in all the stiff shafts - make it easier is what he said - feel the shaft flex a little.

Except for wedges and putter, the new bag is in the sig. Will add a 6i, and I expect to play more and practice less.

I'm 58.
Play Apex irons (A wedge to 6i)
XHot Hybrids (3,4,5)
X Hot 4 Wood
KZG Driver (10.5 degree)
I moved to all "regular" shafts this year.
My handicap is 12.2 at the moment.

Back