Matrix Shafts HQ Live Update Thread

What is the threshold for diminishing return when working spin numbers in a driver shaft? Obviously it's different from golfer to golfer but does AoA, club head speed, and launch angle drive all of that?

Definitely following along! I know so little about shaft technology it's sad. haha

Without a repeatable swing, does it make a difference what shaft one places in their clubs?

What is the threshold for diminishing return when working spin numbers in a driver shaft? Obviously it's different from golfer to golfer but does AoA, club head speed, and launch angle drive all of that?
Great question

With overall performance in mind, what drives the cost of aftermarket shafts? Does premium price only relate to materials used and what drives the decision to create that product? Are you looking to replicate performance of another product line but increase responsiveness and feel or is that driven by what players on tour/better players want?

Is there an upcharge for how amazing the Reign shaft looks :)...that's just me being silly but Matrix has some of the greatest looking shafts out there.

I have heard that if you're too strong for a shaft, your miss will be a high push to the right side of the hole?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've always enjoyed the concept of the MFS line but they seem to be lacking in overall loading.... Somewhat of a boardy feel in comparison to other Matrix builds.

Maybe I could piggyback off this question and ask what would cause a shaft to have that sort of profile (is it stiffness in the hands?) and how hard is Matrix working to create similar profiles that present an improved loading response for golfers?

Bingo. Plus because what works for me doesn't work for you. What are the plans or scope to broaden usage

for those following along today, we're going to run a little contest and you will win something cool from Matrix.

#SwagHussler

We have arrived!

It's time!!!

How about...What is the real difference between a "real deal" shaft vs a "made for" shaft?

How about...What is the real difference between a "real deal" shaft vs a "made for" shaft?

Good freaking question. A LOT gets made of this difference, so I'm curious whether it's actually appreciable or if it's just another case of #InternetGolfery.

I like this question - strong work!

Like a virtual field trip

This is a good one.

Did I miss it?

I would like to know the hot topic is for creating shafts these days. Material, certain specs, etc.

Do they foresee graphite taking over for steel in all clubs?

How do the flex codes for matrix compare to the other companies out there? Is their stiff shaft stronger or weaker in flex than most, or are they pretty true? What is their process on deciding how to create the flex they use (Tour pro input/robot testing/average player testing)?

Looking forward to pictures and info today. :)

Really would like to hear about the made for and after market question that was mentioned earlier. I've read about it online a lot, but from the horses mouth would be great!

Just a heads up. We are going on periscope for a quick announcement from Matrix

That was a pretty awesome surprise

Back