Cobra KING LTD Driver Preview

King Cobra. Awesome to see the name back.

It's amazing how much tech goes into something that's designed to smash a little ball a few hundred yards. Can't wait to hear Freddie's thoughts on the launch today, products just keep getting better and better.

Looks unique, thats for sure.

Cobra bringing back the King Cobra name is great and as a younger guy that's a name that even I recognize from my childhood days. That press release might as well have been written in Latin for me though, all kinds of techy stuff going on here.
Is the Space Port window thing an actual adjustable piece of equipment or just a window inside the head?

Pretty neat stuff, looks good too! I want to hit one

First impression after reading everything again: the port seems gimmicky and overshadows the true technology cobra has packed into the driver.
I will have in hand pictures for you Joe I think the visible port is an interesting concept. Since this is a combination with NASA I'm pretty sure that that port is a strong if not stronger than any metal that's on that driver but I'll be sure to take plenty of pictures of it when I'm down there

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm ready to hear Freddie's thoughts on this, I'm always more interested in reviews of drivers when THPers are the one's doing them!

I don't know how many questions I'm going to be able to ask during this lunch. But please let me know what you would like to hear. I know I won't be able to use all the questions but if I can get some of your questions and I'd be more than happy to

I like that they've brought back the KING name. SpacePort, however, is just silly.
So...you can see inside the head until you scratch the SpacePort, and the weights go inside. I'll admit the results sound impressive, even if I don't see how you can increase ball speed without upping the CoR.
I can "visually access" the inside of the head? I imagine that's a fairly austere view, but ok. Somewhat cool.

Is this coming out in various models, or is it likely just a "better player" driver? I'll certainly be looking for these, but I'm getting an almost SLDR vibe. Lower spin heads and I don't seem to get along.

I agree.
The driver still needs to conform no matter how much "cool" stuff there is on it.
Gimmicks sell as proven with all the adjustable drivers. It just comes down to who has the coolest one that gets it off the club racks faster.

Looks like cobra is really pushing the envelope as far as tech goes! I like it!

Wow straight from outer space! This thing looks very interesting.

Whew! Glad it wasn't just me. Need a T.O video to read it down for us common dudes.
This was exactly my thought as I was reading the write up.

A TO video on this would be Must See THP TV
I'm trying to wrap my head around all that technology. I'm definitely going to need someone smarter than me break it down and see how it can benefit me. I love the idea and love seeing Cobra push the envelope.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Cobra has a couple of the greatest minds in golf in TO and Yagley. I can't wait to hear more.

Wow,love the name King Cobra back that is awesome. And the club wow space port ,that seems like sweet tech right there. I am really interested how this one hits.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

They mentioned 0-12g's of adjustable weight for fine tuning at time of build. Is this part of the space port and will their be options for aftermarket tuning. Similar the Flyz weight system aftermarket heavier and lighter options.

Glad to see the return of another legend, and with modern flare and wicked neat technology. Looking forward to following along with Freddie as well!

They mentioned 0-12g's of adjustable weight for fine tuning at time of build. Is this part of the space port and will their be options for aftermarket tuning. Similar the Flyz weight system aftermarket heavier and lighter options.
Initially it doesn't sound like something that will be readily available to consumers for tinkering after purchase (ie a weight kit)

Wat are the stock shaft offerings?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really looking forward to more deets on this baby. Love what I'm seeing and reading so far.

I hope the window port doesn't come off as gimiky, but if the tech in the build leads to distance and tighter dispersion, color me King Cobra!

Technology that is out of this world, who wouldn't be excited by this release. It's a good week to be a golf fan!

Freddie I'm interested to know if the material in the port does anything like absorb energy at impact? Re-distribute that energy elsewhere during impact? Is there purpose to it other than being a window to awesome?

So much talk about this transparent weight port. Outside of knowing that is transparent, what else would be the issue with having it transparent?

That's a sexy looking driver.

~Rock

Initially it doesn't sound like something that will be readily available to consumers for tinkering after purchase (ie a weight kit)
Thanks Joe...didn't know you were with the Panda

Back