2015 Weight Loss and Nutrition Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pick a day and time and weigh yourself the same time every week. Your weight will fluctuate from your to hour, day to day. You will get a more accurate weight if you do it once a week. Just ignore the scale the other 6 days. I yell at my husband for doing the same thing.

Sent from my XT1097 using Tapatalk
I do with weigh at the same time each day. I do have an "official" weigh in day each Monday morning. I don't think it's a big deal to weigh each day. Been doing it for 9 weeks. I like to see progress or lack of it so I know what's going on. To each his own. Could be a problem for some, but not for me.

one thing that I have done is commit to the life style change, it takes more time and effort to eat right, but the results cannot be disputed, at least in my case. I and my wife "do the right thing" when it comes to nutrition. we take the time to cook the proper foods the proper way to ensure our healthy eating habits. the wife is down 35 lbs and to date I am down 127 lbs from 400 lbs on march 1st to 273 lbs today, 23 lbs and I hit the weight I was when I got out of college in ......1982....not bad for and old man....lol

one thing that I have done is commit to the life style change, it takes more time and effort to eat right, but the results cannot be disputed, at least in my case. I and my wife "do the right thing" when it comes to nutrition. we take the time to cook the proper foods the proper way to ensure our healthy eating habits. the wife is down 35 lbs and to date I am down 127 lbs from 400 lbs on march 1st to 273 lbs today, 23 lbs and I hit the weight I was when I got out of college in ......1982....not bad for and old man....lol

Congrats on all the hard work and determination. You've lost a great amount of weight.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Y'all are inspirational. I wonder how much weight we've collectively lost since the inception of this thread.

Weighed in at 195.5 lbs this morning. Down 22.5 lbs. Traveling for work for the next week so will not get to weigh in again until Saturday the 19th. This is an exciting week, I work remotely so my co-workers have not seen me since before the weight loss. Will be fun to see their reaction! Have to be diligent with eating this week and try to maintain while traveling.

I weighed in at 240.2 this morning. I think if I avoid beer this weekend and eat decently healthy foods I'll hit the high 230's by Monday. I don't think I've been in the 230's since 2009. That's 17+ pounds in just under a month. Cutting most beer out of my eating habits is causing weight to melt off.

Had a rough night eating last night with my wife's birthday. I did much better throughout the day, but had mexican for dinner, which is rarely healthy. Back on track this morning though and got in a 2 mile run before work.

Had a rough night eating last night with my wife's birthday. I did much better throughout the day, but had mexican for dinner, which is rarely healthy. Back on track this morning though and got in a 2 mile run before work.
Mexican is actually pretty easy to eat healthy. Chicken fajitas with corn tortillas, salsa, and guacamole. Even better if you can get them to cook the fajitas without oil. Just avoid the chips, queso, and refried beans.

Last edited:
Official weigh in and I'm down another 2 pounds for 7 pounds lost in 2 weeks.

Way to go Fupy!

Love all the testimonies of self improvement in the health category! Keep it up everyone.

As for myself I just got sub 175lbs. The end goal of 170 by mid October is well in sight. May need to push for 160lbs by Feb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My weight loss seems to have stalled this week with no loss since Monday. I've been working out 5 days a week and losing inches, but the scale isn't cooperating. I'll keep pushing on, but do wish the pounds would come off faster.

My weight loss seems to have stalled this week with no loss since Monday. I've been working out 5 days a week and losing inches, but the scale isn't cooperating. I'll keep pushing on, but do wish the pounds would come off faster.

If YOU can SEE the change, and the inches are going, don't worry about the number.

If YOU can SEE the change, and the inches are going, don't worry about the number.
Normally that's where I'd be, but I've got to get to a certain number by October 16th for a health insurance screening, so that's why my goal is based on pounds.

2015 Weight Loss and Nutrition Thread

I'm stuck at 216 for the last week now. I guess I've found out "how much" I can eat now post diet/cleanse without overdoing it and putting weight back on. I'm gonna have to start exercise as well I I'm going to lose anymore. The boot camp through work I signed up or doesn't start until the 21st. Wish I had a huge tractor tire or some large ropes in the backyard laying around. Wish we had "better" gym options around here with stuff that didn't require personal training to use the stuff.

I'm stuck at 216 for the last week now. I guess I've found out "how much" I can eat now post diet/cleanse without overdoing it and putting weight back on. I'm gonna have to start exercise as well I I'm going to lose anymore. The boot camp through work I signed up or doesn't start until the 21st. Wish I had a huge tractor tire or some large ropes in the backyard laying around. Wish we had "better" gym options around here with stuff that didn't require personal training to use the stuff.

Push-ups, crunches, air squats, chair dips, etc. No machines needed (other than a couple of chairs). :)

Push-ups, crunches, air squats, chair dips, etc. No machines needed (other than a couple of chairs). :)
Yup. Bodyweight training rocks, it's my favorite!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

If you work out often and hard, sometimes you retain water around your muscles as an immune response. Especially if your body isn't used to it.

Think I found a new staple food. Grilled boneless skinless chicken breasts with a nice seasoning on them. Really easy to cook, delicious to eat, and really low in calories and high in protein.

Think I found a new staple food. Grilled boneless skinless chicken breasts with a nice seasoning on them. Really easy to cook, delicious to eat, and really low in calories and high in protein.
We normally Grill extra and just chop it up and throw it in a salad. Found a lemon pepper mixture we really like. It's basically just a mixed spice that I rub on.

201.6 this morning. Woo-hoo!

Dropped another 1.5 pounds after 27 in the heat yesterday. Down 8.5 in the last 2 weeks plus a day. Traveling for a few days so I'm going to focus on eating smart to keep it going.

Last edited:
Dropped another 1.5 pounds after 27 in the heat yesterday. Down 8.5 in the last 2 weeks plus a day. Traveling for a few days so I'm going to focus on eating smart to keep it going.

That's crazy. Good work!

230.3 for this weeks weigh in.....I wanted the 22X, but I'm good with a bit of a drop. I've got to get some exercise mixed into all this to keep the fires burning.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Time to jump back on the weight loss wagon, some recent pictures of myself have me motivated to do better. Sadly, I think beer is a culprit as I'm a big fan of craft brews. Started today eating better with a wrap for lunch and a salad for dinner. I don't have a scale at my house so I'll have to wait until I hit the gym tomorrow night to weigh in, but my guess is 230ish, 30 of which needs to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back