The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's 2 -1 day passes. One for Disneyland and one for California adventure land. $188/adult and $174/child (3-9 age). Looking at hotels now near Anaheim and it's crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's "magical" not crazy.

Wondering why the heck I've been awake since 0330.

Seriously, you have to pay money to pick people up from DFW?

Yeah just found out. 2 days, two parks, 2 adults and 2 little girls. $714 for tickets!

Yep it adds up and then to get about 5 rides in. Kids will have a blast though.

Yeah just found out. 2 days, two parks, 2 adults and 2 little girls. $714 for tickets!

We're headed to Disney World start of November. 2 adults, one 10y old, 7 nights, Parkhopper 5 days. Throw an extra 25% for exchange on that. And flights around here are not cheap, we lack the volume.
I may have paid less for my first house.

More layoffs/hour cutting at work.

My name still not on the list, but at this rate it can't be much longer. Rough times ahead especially with there being zero work available up here right now anywhere!

Smokers who fail to dispose of cigarettes appropriately. Kids in our town burned down a historic wooden train trestle this way when dry vegetation caught fire. Also last night my neighbor behind me had a smoke outside and went to bed. I was still awake smelled smoke and went to see if it was outside discovered his deck was ablaze! Grabbed my phone called 911 and was screaming "FIRE" at the top of my lungs to try to get their attention in their house.

Flying home after the gauntlet. Glad to see the family, sad that one of the greatest golf events ever is coming to an end and truly one of the best threads on THP history.

Flying home after the gauntlet. Glad to see the family, sad that one of the greatest golf events ever is coming to an end and truly one of the best threads on THP history.

To an end...or just the 2015 version? Either way I have complete trust that there will be other fantastic events on the horizon. That includes the Grandaddy. But brother it's not really a rant, it's an opportunity to reflect and smile! The hard work you guys put in is tiring, but the fruits of your labor touch many many lives. Huge fist bump!

It really was an awesome event though, and it has to be rewarding to see this one (and any others) come off so wonderfully. That thread was a terrific follow from the moment it opened on Friday night. You all (THP and Callaway) should be commended.

I am the least handy person in the world. In the last week I have installed a new thermostat, a new LED light fixture to replace the fluorescent light in the garage and a new ceiling fan. Each of these tasks took longer than it should take any human. My "5 Minute Fan" install took almost an hour and a half and may have involved dropping the fan.

I am the least handy person in the world. In the last week I have installed a new thermostat, a new LED light fixture to replace the fluorescent light in the garage and a new ceiling fan. Each of these tasks took longer than it should take any human. My "5 Minute Fan" install took almost an hour and a half and may have involved dropping the fan.
I installed a new hanging lamp over the kitchen table this weekend. It is supplied with a 5' chain (that you're supposed to thread the electrical cord through) but they provide you with like 15' of cord. Made no sense (to me at least). Of course, I did it around 8 pm at night, so did the whole thing in the dark with a head lamp as my sole light source. Not the brightest (ha ha ha, get it?) idea, but at least it's done now. And yeah, took way too long.

It really was an awesome event though, and it has to be rewarding to see this one (and any others) come off so wonderfully. That thread was a terrific follow from the moment it opened on Friday night. You all (THP and Callaway) should be commended.

Thanks AD. The praise for the thread belongs to the 18 awesome guys from THP that were there and the 6 Zoo Crewers that got involved too. That aspect of it was fun and I found myself sitting on the golf course and following the thread rather than the on course action. That says a lot for me.

Fast Food clerks that cannot do their job properly. I got a wing plate from a local place here today and I always make it a point to speak in the drive thru loudly, concisely, and as quick as permitted to ensure the accuracy of my order. The girl even quoted it verbatim back to me. I normally get my wings medium hot so that I may enjoy them at a leisurely pace. Well somehow they got coated with insane inferno or some nonsense. Didnt realize until I was back at home and took the first bite. Holeeee crap, I was not expecting that level of lava in my mouth. Unfortunately I lack the intelligence to just bow out and proceeded to finish all the wings with tears streaming down my cheeks. Definetly the hottest Ive ever had and I have a feeling its not over yet. When will I learn?

I am the same way... fortunately for me my wife is very handy - we put down new flooring last week, and I was just the glorified laborer!

Fast Food clerks that cannot do their job properly. I got a wing plate from a local place here today and I always make it a point to speak in the drive thru loudly, concisely, and as quick as permitted to ensure the accuracy of my order. The girl even quoted it verbatim back to me. I normally get my wings medium hot so that I may enjoy them at a leisurely pace. Well somehow they got coated with insane inferno or some nonsense. Didnt realize until I was back at home and took the first bite. Holeeee crap, I was not expecting that level of lava in my mouth. Unfortunately I lack the intelligence to just bow out and proceeded to finish all the wings with tears streaming down my cheeks. Definetly the hottest Ive ever had and I have a feeling its not over yet. When will I learn?

It's against all laws to waste wings. That's why you ate them. That sucks. Hopefully you have some wet wipes for this afternoon and evening. Good luck my man. :smile:

My wife loves Panera bread however every time we go through the drive-through she refuses to let me drive away until she checks every item in the bag. They even seem to have a higher level of employee than others and mistakes frequently occur.

People who want things done their way because it's easier in their job even if it isn't the right approach and can break or compromise the network.

no matter how many times I tell myself, "I'm an intelligent person, why can't I do this?" it never helps. after I finally get it done, I'm a major ahole the rest of the day because I'm in such a bad mood.

Working; I have one guy next to me clicking away playing some computer game, one girl next to me whose mere presence is enough to ruin my day, the guy who can't figure out how to copy/paste in a word document, and the new lady who is probably lost but doesn't ask for help. It's pin-drop quiet and I've been up since 4:30am. I want to go home...

no matter how many times I tell myself, "I'm an intelligent person, why can't I do this?" it never helps. after I finally get it done, I'm a major ahole the rest of the day because I'm in such a bad mood.

Considering replacing pavers and doing a general patio remodel and just don't trust my own skill to do basic stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back