Talk about playing to two extremes

rollin

"Just playin golf pally"
Reaction score
Handicap
Feat/famine, steady Freddie/wild willy, Jekyll/Hyde whatever you want to call it. Todays round was about the most extreme of good and bad in one round I ever had.
7pars, 2birds. but also combined with a triple, a quad, and two 5's, I dont even know what we call a 5bogey :confused2:

17 strokes over par on just 4 friggin holes // yet 2 under on 9 others. :confused2:

Can ya make up anything more Feast/Famine than that??

In the end believe it or not I was happy because I been struggling last few rounds pretty badly so in a big sense it was great to finally have a bunch of pars and also the birds. :)

But to go to the two such extremes that dramatically in one round is just a little nutzy cookoo. lol

Feat/famine, steady Freddie/wild willy, Jekyll/Hyde whatever you want to call it. Todays round was about the most extreme of good and bad in one round I ever had.
7pars, 2birds. but also combined with a triple, a quad, and two 5's, I dont even know what we call a 5bogey :confused2:

17 strokes over par on just 4 friggin holes // yet 2 under on 9 others. :confused2:

In the end believe it or not I was happy because I been struggling last few rounds pretty badly so in a big sense it was great to finally have a bunch of pars and also the birds. :)

But to go to the two such extremes that dramatically in one round is just a little nutzy cookoo. lol

It is golf, but 17 over for 4......wow. I would have headed in for drink after that..........

I know an old guy that played on Tour that still holds the record as the only player to shoot even par without having a single par on the card. 9 birdies and 9 bogeys.

Not quite as bad as you but I was 13 over for for 5 holes and 6 over for the other 13 today.

Quite frustrating.

The last 2 rounds I have been beat down from work. Body hurts and concentration is horrible.
I started each round with a birdie then after that it's triple, par, double, par, snowman, par, etc etc.....
Shot two of the highest rounds of the season last 2 outings- 95 & 90. Thats far from the consistent high 70's low 80's before starting this remodel job.
The day I shot 95 it was one of the most enjoyable rounds and figured "it is what it is". Last week I shot the 90 on a easier course and it was the most frustrating day of the year. I wasnt a happy camper.

You're playing LeftySean golf!
Except for the 2 under part.

well, just for kix I found out for future reference a 5over is a "Quintuple" bogey :(
a 6over would be a "sextuple" bogey which may or may not actually sound good but it certainly is not a good score lol

Not really extreme but earlier this year I played the front 9 at 51 and the back at 39. However getting off to a slower start isn't uncommon for me I almost always shoot better as the round goes on.

Rollin, one thing that helps me is knowing what part of my game fell apart. That gives me focus during practice sessions. Did you see any patterns? For me, my second shot has started becoming an issue. Now honestly, i don't know if it just became an issue, or other parts of my game are improving, and making this issue more obvious. Also knowing what the situation was when you had trouble. For me it was uneven lies and hitting out of the rough. And those are things i cannot work on at the range.

I did that yesterday in one of my rounds, +3 first 9 then +9 on the back 9. My game just some how deserted me.

I'm having this in a big way... For this summer I've been playing the best golf of my life (sub bogey golf on every round). Then after a range session where I shanked a couple I completely lost my swing... Last two rounds I've been shanking about 60% of iron shots! So frustrating but confident I'll be back to form soon... I hope

ps - I don't think I've ever been 2 under for 9 holes .... And for the bad holes I always think they are capped for handicap purposes anyway :alien:

well, just for kix I found out for future reference a 5over is a "Quintuple" bogey :(
a 6over would be a "sextuple" bogey which may or may not actually sound good but it certainly is not a good score lol
On a par 4, I prefer to say double bogey for 5 over. If a bogey is 5, double bogey, is 10, right?

and no, I can't quite do that extreme feast/famine, although I tend to play decent golf except for a few blowup holes. I scored 63-39 once for front-back nine.

On a par 4, I prefer to say double bogey for 5 over. If a bogey is 5, double bogey, is 10, right?

and no, I can't quite do that extreme feast/famine, although I tend to play decent golf except for a few blowup holes. I scored 63-39 once for front-back nine.

Double bogey is 2 over. A 10 on a par 4 is a sextuple bogey.

Double bogey is 2 over. A 10 on a par 4 is a sextuple bogey.
A 10 is "other" any hole score in double digits is like Voldemort. It shall not be named.

Last week i shot a best-ever 1-over 37 on the front 9,followed by a worst-ever 17-over 52 on the back 9.The scorecard looked like an explosion in a number factory!

Last week i shot a best-ever 1-over 37 on the front 9,followed by a worst-ever 17-over 52 on the back 9.The scorecard looked like an explosion in a number factory!

Someone got greedy after the front 9... :)

Not really to that extreme in the same round but Labor Day weekend I shot 89, 84, 81 then the last two days have been near triple digits.
Golf is hard & I'm stupid.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bogey doesn't mean 5 but is simply 1 over par.
A double bogey is 2 over and a triple 3 over etc... A double bogey is a 6 on a par4, or a 5 on a ap3, or a 7 on a p5

Rollin, one thing that helps me is knowing what part of my game fell apart. That gives me focus during practice sessions. Did you see any patterns? For me, my second shot has started becoming an issue. Now honestly, i don't know if it just became an issue, or other parts of my game are improving, and making this issue more obvious. Also knowing what the situation was when you had trouble. For me it was uneven lies and hitting out of the rough. And those are things i cannot work on at the range.

To be honest, when I have bad rounds or even just bad holes within good rounds my screw ups come from just about anywhere from any part. I wish my miss was of one type. But its not , its really all over the map with any cubs at any times from tee through the hole and right down to the cup. Could be poor tee shots, poor irons, poor chips, putts, whatever and is hardly ever the same kind of miss.

Sure there are days when it seems to be in one area of my game but even when it is in one area of play its never the same problem within that area of play. And sometimes my failures can be consecutive strikes while other times have bad strikes scattered randomly with no rhyme or reason and again from all parts. Sometimes I can blow up a hole from the tee and then every stroke till I cup it. Other times its bad drive and the next hole a bad iron approach while the next time its missed putts.

Could it have anything to do with fatigue? If not, maybe have a lesson to sort out something that has crept in. One lesson really helped me. The pro knew exactly what my problem was in 5 minutes.

Could it have anything to do with fatigue? If not, maybe have a lesson to sort out something that has crept in. One lesson really helped me. The pro knew exactly what my problem was in 5 minutes.

Thankyou for the concern and help, I have had several lessons past couple seasons. My biggest flaw is usually a tempo thing. When tempo is off it can cause all different types of mechanical, technical swing issues of just about any type that can differ from one "off tempo'd" swing to the next . This is probably why my misses (when they do occur) are not just one type of miss but just about anything and can also come from different parts of my game at different times. Sometimes its several in a row and other times scattered to one bad swing here and another there. Sure there are and have been times I do something repeatedly wrong resulting in a constant and same type of miss in which case is then eventually figured out. But when tempo isn't right a swing miss can be just about anything.

But sometimes its also one part of the game that goes bye bye. like recently my putting went on vacation through a few rounds but last round I putted very well again. My driving comes and goes, last 2 rounds couldn't hit but only a few good drives yet for about 3 rounds prior you couldn't pay me to hit a bad one.

I ma happy this year over al with the fact that my cap came down from almost 17 to (at one point trending at 12.9) but 13.5.
Due to pretty good and consistent play for about 2 months through many rounds. But then my last few rounds I have troubles again but it will come back again I am sure (I hope lol). Thats why I said in this thread even though I had these 4 horrible holes that I was happy to get 7 pars and 2 birds I that same round. It actually felt really good to have a nice chunk of very well played holes in this round and that's been missing last few rounds.

I had a round like that a few weeks ago...I was 13 over (Par 70). Ten of the holes I was one over...the other eight holes I was 12 over.

i have rounds like this, the front 9 goes horrible but i make up the ground i've lost on the back 9.

Today -

63/42. Not my best day, certainly. Was very glad I turned things around on the back (including a 7 on a par 5).
No quit in my game.

Back