Winter golf Style...

D.Witt

Reaction score
For you golfers located in areas that actually has 4 seasons.. What are your choices of clothing in the colder months that both keep you warm and doesn't make you feel bulky and restricted in your swing??

For you golfers located in areas that actually has 4 seasons.. What are your choices of clothing in the colder months that both keep you warm and doesn't make you feel bulky and restricted in your swing??

Im not a 4 season guy, but for those that are, stay tuned to a new product hitting our home page next week that people are going to love.

Nike or UA long sleeve compression tops (golf shirt over)
UA compression tights (under golf pants)
UA Storm jacket (think storm is the model, it's designed to keep you warm but still has plenty of flexibility and waterproof)
Almost knee high swiftwick compression socks
Beanie
ClicGear gloves that attach to cart when walking

When I play in the cold I wear compression shirts under my polo and my Callaway pullover windbreaker. If it's going to be under 40 degrees, I'll also wear either my Titleist stocking hat or one of my beanie cap/stocking hats, plus my FJ wind pants.

My general rule is that I can't wear shorts, I don't play. Granted I will wear shorts when it is mid 40's and up as long as the sun is shining and it is not too windy. I usually start wearing long sleeved shirts when the temp goes below 70. Will go up to 3 non-bulky layers of long sleeved shirts. All cotton all the time in my wardrobe.

My general rule is that I can't wear shorts, I don't play. Granted I will wear shorts when it is mid 40's and up as long as the sun is shining and it is not too windy. I usually start wearing long sleeved shirts when the temp goes below 70. Will go up to 3 non-bulky layers of long sleeved shirts. All cotton all the time in my wardrobe.

3 long sleeve cotton shirts at once ?? So I tried wearing a compression shirt and two cotton long sleeve shirts and granted I was warm... But I felt really restricted in the double tees..... also they may have been a tad too small ..lol

Nike or UA long sleeve compression tops (golf shirt over)
UA compression tights (under golf pants)
UA Storm jacket (think storm is the model, it's designed to keep you warm but still has plenty of flexibility and waterproof)
Almost knee high swiftwick compression socks
Beanie
ClicGear gloves that attach to cart when walking

ClicGear gloves, will have to check those out.. I normally wear a pair of winter golf gloves. This year I'm trying out the UnderArmour Cold gear golf gloves.. last year wore some footjoys and I still had to keep the little hand warmer packs in my pockets. No fun alternating shoving your hand in your pockets between shots/holes while pushing your cart.

Im not a 4 season guy, but for those that are, stay tuned to a new product hitting our home page next week that people are going to love.

Definitely looking to add to my cold weather gear!!!

ClicGear gloves, will have to check those out.. I normally wear a pair of winter golf gloves. This year I'm trying out the UnderArmour Cold gear golf gloves.. last year wore some footjoys and I still had to keep the little hand warmer packs in my pockets. No fun alternating shoving your hand in your pockets between shots/holes while pushing your cart.

Yep, the clicgear gloves are fantastic for someone using a pushcart. They Velcro over the area where you push and you can put the hand warmer things into it and get it nice and toasty. Fantastic when walking and its under 50 and windy or just anytime under mid 40's.

Below 50 degree's and I'm done which is soon! Hats off to you that play in the cold, but too many pains for this body to play in the cold.

Very similar to #Cookie although I just use the old fashioned long underwear bottoms under my slacks. Compression tops have gotten so good in the past few years. Will definitely be looking into the Clic Gear gloves though! Also, before it gets too cold, I like a nice long sleeve or sweater vest (Bobby Jones type) look too.

JM

UA great for the most part. I really like their cold gear.

Under Armour or Oakley cold weather shirts, Under Armour Storm 1-4 zip when it's in the 40s. Winter golf gloves and a winter hat. Normally don't wear any compression pants under my golf pants but that's an option if needed

I have some Callaway base layers and UA & Nike pullovers. If it's really cold I have an Oakleybor Odyssey Beanie... Several Nike and UA pants

Layering is the key.

Interested to see what is hitting the homepage next week, but I usually go with Under Armour base layers and then whatever golf specific jacket I have. For bottoms once it really gets cold I go lined wind pants because there are no dress codes once the weather turns up here. I picked up a couple pairs of the heavy weight golf pants and I am eager to try them out. I'm with Cookie on the Clicgear mitts, they make a world of difference.

on top - rain jacket, thin fleece pullover, moisture wicking mock neck, base layer
on bottom- rain pants, regular pants, base layer, if really cold

a hat - typically, some sort of beanie, or, cap, it depends on the temps
on the feet, wool blend sock, and, Nike Air Bandons

I adjust layers based on temp, and, the layers are fairly thin.

If it's cold, compression layer at the base, then golf pants over top. On the upper half, compression layer, polo, fleece/sweater, and softshell or rain jacket on top (depending on whether it's dry or wet out). Nike Lunar Bandon shoes - they keep you dry and they're warmer than other shoes. Beanie/toque on the noggin.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

UA infrared layers. I love that stuff but make sure and layer it because for as light as all the layers are they are very warm

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Winter golf Style...

I have some under armour thermal pants and shirts. Then just layer up from there. And always have a wool or winter hat.

layering is the key like everyone said. I'll wear ski underwear, a turtleneck, a golf polo, my THP quarter zip a fleece sweater, then a windbreaker.

with all that, I can play in the low 20s if the course is open, remove a few layers if needed.

I wear Under Armour golf pants, winter golf gloves, a fleece beanie, and this jacket:

5212d884f8313076ff664f83463e5cfa.jpg

It's down through the body, and then UA ColdGear sleeves. So warm and toasty on the parts that don't move, and the sleeves don't restrict my swing at all. I've worn it in temperatures from 30° to high 40°'s with no issues.

My winter style

Fly somewhere warm and wear summer attire

I wear Under Armour golf pants, winter golf gloves, a fleece beanie, and this jacket:

5212d884f8313076ff664f83463e5cfa.jpg

It's down through the body, and then UA ColdGear sleeves. So warm and toasty on the parts that don't move, and the sleeves don't restrict my swing at all. I've worn it in temperatures from 30° to high 40°'s with no issues.

I like that a lot Pete!

Back