Amazon and Amazon Prime

My wife is on there ALL the time buying all kinds of stuff. She set up an Amazon Pantry with stuff we buy frequently, too. It's really worth it for the cost to be a Prime Member, no doubt about it.

Same for us - always check Amazon first no matter what it is.....sometimes then check eBay second - but with Prime two day shipping most of the time, Amazon works out to be the best alternative over 50% of the time and for some things almost always.

In addition to Prime Video, don't forget Prime Music - I just started to use it and it is easy and seems to work well. Been using it a bunch in my car - almost enough that I am considering dropping XM.

Prime membership is a bargain in my opinion given our use of it. If you use it instead of Netflix or a music streaming subscription where there is a monthly fee, you just saved the cost of the membership - if you use both plus the free 2 day shipping, you are way ahead.
I have connectivity issues with Prime Music. I had totally gotten away from Pandora until Prime wouldn't stay connected after an update. I'll try it again in the AM to see if it has gotten better.

On Monday I ordered a 30 pound bag of dog food on prime that was delivered less than 24 hours after ordering it and saved $15 on the bag. We buy so much from them that at the end of the month I probably break down 15 Amazon boxes for the recycling.

Prime is such an awesome program. My wife and I also check Amazon before every purchase to price check. Plus we have binged on several TV shows from the past thanks to their streaming video. They also have some Prime exclusive kids shows that our kids really like. And we just finished watching Entourage, so good!

The barcode price check on the app is well worth it.

The barcode price check on the app is well worth it.

We use that all the time...I can't count the number of times we have stood in a store looking at something, scanned with the barcode app, and ordered it from Amazon standing there.

Tennessee just started collecting sales tax on Amazon (technically forcing Amazon to collect the Tennessee Sales Tax) at the beginning of last year, and I thought that we would stop ordering from them as much, but that hasn't been the case at all. It helps us that there are two distribution centers within 30 miles of the house (one for big stuff and one for small stuff) so there are quite a few orders that are delivered next day due to proximity. I couldn't stand to work there from all accounts, but its around 2,000 full time workers and another 500-1000 seasonally just for these two facilities.

I don't buy anything on a recurring basis but we make at least 30-40 purchases a year from Amazon. The free 2 day shipping easily pays for itself.

If you have a college student in the house that has an email address it is like half the price of the regular subscription.
Online only courses count as well.

what is the discount for college students - the cost of the Amazon prime account? Is that why you need a student email?

what is the discount for college students - the cost of the Amazon prime account? Is that why you need a student email?

My wife got 2 years free and then like $49/year after that. I can't remember the exact details but it has been awesome

My wife got 2 years free and then like $49/year after that. I can't remember the exact details but it has been awesome

I make up my Prime membership fee in the first month. Just received an UnderArmour Storm lightweight golf jacket and just ordered some sunglasses for golf from them. I watch a lot of movies and TV shows on Prime as well.

I think it is 50% off. It was only like $39 when we started but it is going up.

For the first time since it was introduced nine years ago, the price of Prime is going up. Existing Prime members will pay $99 per year on their annual renewal date and Amazon Student members will pay $49.

Still a great deal IMO.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201482600

Anyone ever get this? And how do i find this amazon app store? Im sure its something im overlooking.

As a thank you for being an Amazon customer that has recently shopped on Amazon.com via an Android phone, or through the Amazon App for Android, we have placed a $25 Amazon Appstore credit onto your account; valid toward apps, games and in-app items (excluding subscriptions). We will automatically apply the balance of your credit to any purchase of apps, games and in-app items made from the Amazon Appstore before November 15, 2015 at 11:59 PM PST.*

Nope, but I did sign up for Amazon Prime trial last night. First subscribed item is diapers. Woot woot

Amazon Prime Thread

Amazon Prime Thread

Amazon Prime Video

I don't care too much for the interface as it doesn't seem as easy to navigate as Netflix, but maybe it will get easier over time. It also doesn't have near the free content for prime subscribers as Netflix does, but I'm hoping that will change.

That being said, there are some shows that I've enjoyed. I've just watched the first two episodes of Man in the High Castle, which will have the entire series released on 11/20. OUTSTANDING! Can't wait to see the rest.

I also enjoyed Mozart in the Jungle. It will probably be more enjoyable for music lovers and band geeks like me, or a guilty pleasure for others.

Catastrophe is funny too. About an American who gets a British teacher pregnant and decides to do the "right" thing. Off color but funny.

Last but not least on my list, Good Girls Revolt. Only one episode out, but it was outstanding. It's about women in the news magazine industry. One of the characters is Nora Ephron. Looking forward to watching this one.

So what are your thought on AP Video? What are some other AP Video suggestions? Preferably exclusive to AP, but post whatcha got.

This seems out of place in this thread since pretty much EVERY SINGLE other post is about the merchant side of things, but here it is.

I'll also add that I just watched Highston. It's about a kid who talks to celebrities in his mind. They have to actually be alive though, he can't talk to a celebrity who has died. Only one episode, but my wife and I laughed pretty much throughout. Flea from Red Hot Chili Peppers and Shaq were cameos in the first episode. I'm thinking this will be very funny and I'm curious to see who else they get to come on the show. I'm looking forward to it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Merged with the existing Amazon Prime thread.
Thanks. I did a search and didn't find a thread. Should have done it on a laptop, not tapatalk I guess.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Don't forget about amazon prime music, too. I have all of my mp3 loaded there and they have a pretty big library of free music that is included.

Like everyone, we buy anything you can think of on prime. Subscribe and save is great on things you buy frequently. Not everything is cheaper than the local store. If you use Chrome, install the camelizer plug in from camelcamelcamel.com you can check price history of items on amazon and set up price watches and notifications to let you know if the price drops

For someone like me who hates going to the store, Amazon Prime has been really good so far. I'm also enjoying Prime Music. Lots of good music on there.

I've had Amazon Prime for 5 years now and I will say that it is a good deal, the shipping and the movies are more than worth the price of the subscription.

However, like any other shopping experience, you have to know your prices. Not everything is cheaper on Amazon. For example, the dog food we purchase was $49 on Amazon but $42 at our local pet store.

Convenience, yes, Lowest prices? Not always.

For someone like me who hates going to the store, Amazon Prime has been really good so far. I'm also enjoying Prime Music. Lots of good music on there.
I use it a ton, especially with my Echo!

This was an Amazon Prime weekend for me!! Both my boys gave me their Christmas Wish lists. I did searches for everything and Amazon had it all!! I did end up ordering a car stereo off of Crutchfield instead of Amazon because they also included the install kit and harnesses for next to nothing making them the cheaper option. Between the shopping and binge watching season 1 of Suits on AP Video, it was an Amazon Weekend.

Don't forget about amazon prime music, too. I have all of my mp3 loaded there and they have a pretty big library of free music that is included.

Started using prime music to preview some cds before I buy them. The catalog they have for metal is quite impressive.

Started using prime music to preview some cds before I buy them. The catalog they have for metal is quite impressive.

What kind of bands do you like? Always looking for new metal bands.

I listen to Amazon Prime Music on the golf course. About 115 MB against the data plan in five hours and 36 holes on Saturday.

I usually use AccuRadio when not on wifi since it is one of the services included in T-Mobile's Music Freedom. It also has unlimited skips. I do Prime Music while golfing because I create playlists and don't have to worry about skipping songs.

I listen to Amazon Prime Music on the golf course. About 115 MB against the data plan in five hours and 36 holes on Saturday.

I usually use AccuRadio when not on wifi since it is one of the services included in T-Mobile's Music Freedom. It also has unlimited skips. I do Prime Music while golfing because I create playlists and don't have to worry about skipping songs.
I stream amazon on the train to work everyday. Gotta love unlimited data on the firm's plan

I dont subscribe to Prime but my brother does. I love that he can share his membership with me and I get free 2 day shipping.

Back