The 2015 Grandaddy - Chance Of A Lifetime

So is it too early to head to the airport? Holy goosebumps batman

Have the formats of the matches been announced yet?

Are you saying there won't be any hobos around?

Playing with ScottyG is no different then playing with a bum!

Attachments

• Bum.jpg
    Bum.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 0
Uh oh. It has started. JRod has made his way to the thread.....

I have to pace myself as it will takeover all my time....I have a PGA Show to work on you know. Stuff and MORE Stuff!

I love you guys to death, but if Callaway told me I had to go play this with 11 homeless dudes I picked up along the way I would say "Sure thing, be right there...Do you mind if they shower first?".
That post is epic, and I thank you for this hilariously and brutally honest sentence that made me LOL this morning!

JB that was a hell of a post. It is the absolute truth, Team Basement Dwellers is almost a year in the past and there is not a day that goes by that I don't think about my time with my team, the ZooCrew, the Hideaway and everything else that comes with The Grandaddy. I am sooo stoked (<---Californian speak for happy) for Team Redemption to live "The Grandaddy of em all", because once you experience it, it stays with you forever. Keep up the great work guys!

One thing i am going to work on being better at is updating the live event threads during the round. For whatever reason ive always been a "Keep the phone in the bag" kinda guy but more and more lately im trying to keep the live round thread updated. I think i did a better job of it during the Gauntlet this year but there was a 3 hole stretch where our match didnt have an update and i didnt even think about it. I will be more conscious of this at The Hideaway

Epic post JB, and hit it spot on in way better words than I could have. #TheGrandaddy!!!!!

One thing i am going to work on being better at is updating the live event threads during the round. For whatever reason ive always been a "Keep the phone in the bag" kinda guy but more and more lately im trying to keep the live round thread updated. I think i did a better job of it during the Gauntlet this year but there was a 3 hole stretch where our match didnt have an update and i didnt even think about it. I will be more conscious of this at The Hideaway

Something I've been thinking about as well. I really want to make sure I'm doing my part to keep the live thread updated.

To answer JB's earlier question. For me golf is all about fun. I am truly happiest when I am on a golf course, from being out doors to the actual game itself to spending a few hours with friends. I truly love golf. That being said I am very very competitive. It is in my nature to be that way, so competition is huge for me. All of that said I don't let the seriousness of the situation get away from me, but the day that I am more serious than having fun is the day I take a step back and reevaluate what golf is to me.

So I would put it at 45/45/10 (fun/competitive/serious)

And to answer JMans question. First everything that JB said, wow. I truly don't have the words better than JB to describe this event at the moment.

Second, I am looking forward to the first dinner sitting with the team for the first time and discussing the pairings and just beginning this incredible week.

This is something that is certainly VERY important to the event and yes, even I find myself going back to it at the end of every day and even reading at the end to determine what Callaway can do to make it better. Now, with all that being said, here are a couple things to make sure you are all thinking about how you can handle it.

We will need to keep a good pace of play to get done with playing with some of the things that will be slightly different this year. So, the challenge to you is to make sure to enjoy the event, take pictures, capture the moments, and take it all in all while making sure we represent the event (all of us) in the way we want to be seen and invited back. We (all) are extremely fortunate to have The Hideaway, it's membership, and its ownership group allow us to have access to and we need to make sure we keep up. So, not a threat but just a reminder. Above all else, have fun, enjoy and keep up. If we don't, we will be forced to find ways around not playing all rounds, etc. We will not be playing 36 as we tried to do the first year but still will have limited time out on the course. Think about how you will handle this and also think about how you can ask GG or the extra bodies we will have out there to help.

Finally, this is getting closer and in 3 weeks you will all be on your way home from hopefully one of the best experiences you will ever have.

Jason is correct. GG is there to keep the forum updated. So while we want everybody to participate in live updates, please do so when you have a minute, rather than creating a minute to make an update.

I know The Grandaddy is going to be even better than last year (still unclear how thats possible btw) BUT My question is how is Johnny going to make a better entrance than this?

20141208_144446.jpg

This thread is pure gold today!!!

I know The Grandaddy is going to be even better than last year (still unclear how thats possible btw) BUT My question is how is Johnny going to make a better entrance than this?

20141208_144446.jpg

Probably wear those pants as slippers. Basically then just walking all over me like Harry did in our singles match last year.

Can't believe this is almost here. Going to be such a sweet event. Look forward to following along.

Does this make my face look fat?
2a039b4fa477440e3efa7a386e72b935.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, everbody knows that white jacket is slimming.

The belt!!! Hat? Belt-hat?

Back