Cobra KING LTD Fairway Wood Preview

I won't be carrying it 280, but I still really want to hit this very much.

Hit this today at a golf smith. Ended up trading in some extras and pulling the trigger. Monster club that far exceeded my expectations for it. And I had high hopes going in. The new tech that this club offers is a game changer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hit this today at a golf smith. Ended up trading in some extras and pulling the trigger. Monster club that far exceeded my expectations for it. And I had high hopes going in. The new tech that this club offers is a game changer
Nice. I'm asking around to see if any local stores have the King line yet. So did you go with the stock shaft? Did you compare it to or have you hit the M1 and/or GBB fairways (just wondering how they compared for you)?

Nice. I'm asking around to see if any local stores have the King line yet. So did you go with the stock shaft? Did you compare it to or have you hit the M1 and/or GBB fairways (just wondering how they compared for you)?[/
Stock regular shaft. Which is what I ordered. Thought about a shaft upgrade but in not smart enough to know what fits me. I hit it against m1 fairway but not the gbb (wish I would have). Liked the king a lot more then m1. Really like the tech in this club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, kb. Man, I'm really looking forward to trying this guy and the driver out!

He's carrying 280 on monitor lol. It's silly
That monitor was juiced! It is a great club. The rep was in GS today and didn't have a good swing today. Still a great club..haha

Still walked away with a sweet t-shirt saying I'm King.

Just came back from local GS after hitting these.....DAMN it's LEGIT. I monitor was super juiced and I hit a perfect dead straight 289 yard off the mat...twice in a row. So I grabbed my current 3 wood, proceeded to hit it 255 on the monitor. So even if the monitor is juiced about 20-30 yards, the King LTD was so much easier to hit and felt incomparably better.
I demoed the GBB FW (268yds on this monitor) and Heavenwood as well, but the King LTD was far easier to launch off the mat, and the head kind of feels like it is grabbing the ball off the mat and launching it high and straight. I can't describe it any better, but it absolutely helps launch the ball into the air with ease and I LOVE it.
The drive feels great too but I think the FW is the real star...
Now I am itching for a Cobra demo day so that I can decide on the shaft options. The stock stiff seemed to work well, but I either need to test it on an outside range or on a launch monitor that is more realistic. This club will replace my 3w... it is a matter of when...

The 3w is a beast, that is all.

went into to pgass today to hit the ltd driver and this fairway wood against my gamers. my gamer fairway wood is a 16.5* tight lies with tour blue 65 r flex. i hit the ltd fairway 3/4 tuned to 16.5 (ie closed from a 3w down to a 4w) with stock rogue s flex.

at address, i loved the look of the ltd. solid, compact, not near as large of a footprint as i was anticipating. off the face it felt really hot. my best hit of the day was a little low on the face, which is really encouraging. admittedly, i was working with a bit of an overly in-to-out swing with my fairway wood today, so the miss was a hook. but hitting something closed down to a 4w was exacerbating that, as evidenced by the tighter dispersion with my gamer on shots of similar quality. when i tried to hit cuts, i was carrying the ltd about 215, finishing 230. that's really big for me, and i think once i grooved it i would pick up even more distance. on the monitor, i picked up 10 yards of carry with the ltd (dude cherry-picked my 2 best shots with the ltd vs 11 shots that were all over the map with my gamer) and about 5 yards total, but it was a hooker. ss averaged 99.

between this and the driver, i'm more interested in this fairway. but again as i said in my post about the driver, the miniscule cobra offerings for demo made it impossible to try a 4/5 at stock 4 without the draw bias, so i didn't pull the trigger today. i do see this in my future, maybe with a tour blue 65 s flex although i did like the rogue.

Brought my 3-4 to golfsmith to see some numbers. Gc2 sim set to 1.0 (always take these numbers with lots of salt lol). 16° loft stock rogue black 70g stiff
cdd51df8b3387cf31073f5c0f06536ff.jpg
e29d12f70d19d8a784d2f0f1b3538d76.jpg

I'm definitely finding this more forgiving than m1 3hl. As expected with bigger head.

KC,
Based on those, I am guessing you are hitting it pretty low?

KC,
Based on those, I am guessing you are hitting it pretty low?
It's definitely not launching as high as the m1 3hl. Not sure what it is, I can't see 1° of loft making that much difference

It's definitely not launching as high as the m1 3hl. Not sure what it is, I can't see 1° of loft making that much difference

Could you be hitting it low on the face? I know you are a pretty low ball hitter anyway, and low spin will mean even less height outside of increasing loft. But regardless, you are hitting that really well.

Could you be hitting it low on the face? I know you are a pretty low ball hitter anyway, and low spin will mean even less height outside of increasing loft. But regardless, you are hitting that really well.
I'm catching it pretty good. Not low I'd say...
52a889e48806b39637ee23d9619cde5b.jpg

Pretty much everywhere up and down in the middle. Nicely done.
Based on the numbers, the idea that hitting it higher could give you even more carry is downright scary. Thats fantastic.

Pretty much everywhere up and down in the middle. Nicely done.
Based on the numbers, the idea that hitting it higher could give you even more carry is downright scary. Thats fantastic.
Thanks dude. I'm definitely hitting it well. I wonder perhaps putting a 4-5 head on this shaft might be better

those are some great numbers Kang. One question thought, how does the face look at address?

Thanks dude. I'm definitely hitting it well. I wonder perhaps putting a 4-5 head on this shaft might be better

Thats what I would try. With those spin rates and peak height numbers I doubt you would be able to hold many greens with that current setup. It looks like 12-13 degree launch angle would be really good for you so maybe even try a shaft that gives you a bit of a higher launch. You might see a touch more spin with a higher launching shaft but looking at your numbers, I think it would be a good trade off.

Kang, it looks like they have the smash factor cranked (convenient that you hit some that calculate to a 100mph clubhead speed) so that carry may or may not be legit. The ball speed should be measured, so it might be just the clubhead speed that is off. I don't know enough about what's calculated how on a GC2.

those are some great numbers Kang. One question thought, how does the face look at address?
I had some concern of closed face since lofting up all the way. It sits nice and square

This club is a beast. I've heard they won't make a pro version with a smaller head though. I was hoping they would even though I hit it really well in the simulator. I'm thinking the Cobra F6+ fw will be smaller so I may like it better.

On 18 at my course I usually hit 4w off the tee. Usually leaves me 140 to 160 depending strike quality and pin location. Today I hit the Ltd 3-4 lofted to 16°. I had 128 to back right pin. Several others prior were bombed as well. The flight is bit lower than I'd like. I'm thinking of putting the shaft I have into a 4-5 head

Last edited:
One thing of note is the sound/feel. Canadan made note of dull or dead sound on the driver. Similar can be said about the fairway. The sound is definitely lower pitch than most others I've hit. I can't remember any that had a lower pitch. Almost sounds hollow. Perhaps the mind is playing tricks here since I can see through the space port. All metal woods are hollow but this one SOUNDS that way. The sound may be dull/dead, but I assure you the performance is not! As stated the flight is lower than I'd like. Much lower flight than m1 3hl at 17° and 816 4w at 16°. I've found this very easy to hit. Feels like it's more forgiving than m1 and 816 but I've hit middle of the face consistently, just wavering up and down slightly, so hard to speak on lateral forgiveness. On one occasion I hit it head to head off the tee and it out drove the m1 by about 35 yds on similar strikes. Possibly the lower flight and more rollout is big culprit here... Overall initial impression is a good one. Main thing noticed is sound, second important note is how the flight height is dramatically impacted by the strike up and down the face

Back