The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awful, just awful, sorry for your friends loss CJ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow CJ..That is terrible, I can't even imagine.

A friend of mine just bought his first house, and was in the process of moving in...

I drove to work this morning to this:
b8784a539b8a03cec32f3e27b00fca31.jpg

I couldn't believe I had to call and tell him this...
His life turned upside down...
House destroyed.
Possessions..

I can't even think right now...

Holy he!! C.J - you tell him if I can help with anything, let you know. So sorry to see that...

A friend of mine just bought his first house, and was in the process of moving in...

House destroyed.
Possessions..

I'm in for helping where I can. Did they have kids? ALL their belongings already moved in?

This could go in here or the banter thread but I think here will serve a better purpose for me.

Last summer my Grandmother was diagnosed with Lewy Bodies Dementia. We moved her from her home of 50 years to an assisted living facility. Since we moved her she's been on a downward spiral. This disease is slowly killing her. She was such a strong lady. Up until last summer she would exercise every day and swim every day during the summer. She turned 80 this past summer. I honestly thought she'd out live me by years. We got word from the assisted living facility that she had fallen today. This is probably the 4th time she's fallen in as many months. My aunt talked with the hospice nurse in charge of my grandmother and she said that she'd be surprised if grandma was still with us next year at this time.

Ef Dementia!!! It and cancer can take a long walk off a short cliff.

Hug the ones you love a little tighter for a little longer. Remind them you love them. Show you care because at some point, they may not remember.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

My wife is a PT in a long term care facility. I hear all kind of stories, and they are sad. I watched my grandmother, who was probably the strongest, most independent woman I have ever met, go through this. Fortunately, she passed before having to deal with this for too long.
My prayers are with you and your grandmother Bogey

I appreciate the wonderful thoughts for my friend, to answer a few questions, he moved some stuff in, but not all, he has no kids, and help in any sort while appreciated greatly, is not needed at any time.

Thank you for the support of the many good people here!

Been dealing with health issues lately. Had a leg infection that wouldn't go away. I've been diagnosed with Lupedema and have to incur some heavy medical bills for treatment. My wonderful insurance is paying most but eating through most of my savings in a few weeks of out of pocket is killing me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Customer rejects part for being out of tolerance...yet there is no tolerance on the drawing.

WTF.

b8784a539b8a03cec32f3e27b00fca31.jpg

House destroyed.
Possessions..

That's terrible CJ hate to see this happen to anyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anything custom is going to cost $$$. Why are people shocked when they find out the price. You want the best components, you have to dish out the $$$!

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Dead battery. Dead Fuel Pump.

The list is growing. Efffffffffffffffff.

Wow that's horrible about the house but also thank goodness your buddy is ok.

This could go in here or the banter thread but I think here will serve a better purpose for me.

Last summer my Grandmother was diagnosed with Lewy Bodies Dementia. We moved her from her home of 50 years to an assisted living facility. Since we moved her she's been on a downward spiral. This disease is slowly killing her. She was such a strong lady. Up until last summer she would exercise every day and swim every day during the summer. She turned 80 this past summer. I honestly thought she'd out live me by years. We got word from the assisted living facility that she had fallen today. This is probably the 4th time she's fallen in as many months. My aunt talked with the hospice nurse in charge of my grandmother and she said that she'd be surprised if grandma was still with us next year at this time.

Ef Dementia!!! It and cancer can take a long walk off a short cliff.

Hug the ones you love a little tighter for a little longer. Remind them you love them. Show you care because at some point, they may not remember.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

that disease is awful. a client of mine went through it in his 60s, and watching it consume him was incredibly sad. i'm so sorry for your family.

Dead battery. Dead Fuel Pump.

The list is growing. Efffffffffffffffff.

How far out of the bumper to bumper are you? I had a Dodge pickup where the fuel pump died just past the B2B. I was looking at almost a kilobuck to fix. I raised holy he!! with them, including a statement that that pickup would be my last Chrysler Corp. purchase. That at least got them to cover the cost of the me fuel pump.

Still haven't bought a Chrysler product since.

How far out of the bumper to bumper are you? I had a Dodge pickup where the fuel pump died just past the B2B. I was looking at almost a kilobuck to fix. I raised holy he!! with them, including a statement that that pickup would be my last Chrysler Corp. purchase. That at least got them to cover the cost of the me fuel pump.

Still haven't bought a Chrysler product since.

12 miles. Hahahaha

Local shop is taking care of us well, much better than anticipated considering what labor runs nowadays. Its still a kick to the junk, but its survivable. Will have it ready for the doc tomorrow.

The troubles of being gainfully employed. Some promises aren't being kept but I'm trying to have faith that they'll do the right thing.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I found those promises to be worth exactly as much as the air that breathed them. 34 years on the job, but the job imminently shutting down. "We have other places for you when this job is finished, just please stay with us until it is finished". Then the job was finished, and ...SEE YA BUB! I don't have 34 years to give anywhere else..

That's horrible about your friends house CJ and that you had to break the news.

Glad he and his family are OK.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

I drive to work when it's still dark. I drive a sporty-ish car that sits pretty low to the ground. I hate pickup trucks that drive around with extra bright headlights and fogs. It literally blinds me for several seconds as I drive down the country roads.

The Texas Department of Motor Vehicles tomorrow to finally exchange my Georgia license for a Texas license. It's my own fault, been here 4 years and just hate, hate the insanity that is TX DMV. My wife was in a variety of lines for 4 hours when she got hers.

Went to install my new dishwasher tonight, didn't seem to me like it fit just right so I didn't hook up the power or drainage tubes to my father in law can come take a look at it before I finish up. No big deal, right?

I went to wash the dishes in the sink, and after about a minute I realized that since I hadn't hooked up the drainage tube to the garbage disposal, it meant water had a big ol' hole to come gushing out of. And gush out it did, all over the insides of the cabinet, all over the floor, all over my shoes... that was a fun cleanup.

The Texas Department of Motor Vehicles tomorrow to finally exchange my Georgia license for a Texas license. It's my own fault, been here 4 years and just hate, hate the insanity that is TX DMV. My wife was in a variety of lines for 4 hours when she got hers.

It sucks.

I found those promises to be worth exactly as much as the air that breathed them. 34 years on the job, but the job imminently shutting down. "We have other places for you when this job is finished, just please stay with us until it is finished". Then the job was finished, and ...SEE YA BUB! I don't have 34 years to give anywhere else..

Well, it's sort of worked out. I just can't believe with as large as accounting department is, that they can't track sales orders on the books. We have more accountants than welders & we pretty much weld for a living.

I drive to work when it's still dark. I drive a sporty-ish car that sits pretty low to the ground. I hate pickup trucks that drive around with extra bright headlights and fogs. It literally blinds me for several seconds as I drive down the country roads.
Oh man do I agree. Those super insane HIDs are epidemic with all the 'bros' around here.

If you need the power of the sun radiating from your truck in order to see where you're going you shouldn't be driving.

Bent rims suck. I didn't want to repost the picture, its in the VW thread. The wheel now has a flat spot in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back