THP Regional Rivalry - DC/MD/VA vs Carolinas Sponsored By True Temper

My wedge shafts are all TT.
It is nice of True Temper to sponsor all of the RR events. How many of you have their shafts in your current clubs (the ones you are actually playing for all you club ho's out there :act-up:)

True Temper makes Project X I think, so all my irons have their shafts.

True Temper makes Project X I think, so all my irons have their shafts.

That was what was in my last set of X Hot's and I liked them a lot.

I have True Temper in all my irons.

TT is in my set of J15.

It is nice of True Temper to sponsor all of the RR events. How many of you have their shafts in your current clubs (the ones you are actually playing for all you club ho's out there :act-up:)

Not a one for me... for now anyway lol

For a while I only had the one in my wedge, but I rectified that with 7 more in my irons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honestly, I have no idea what shafts are in my clubs. In my driver and fairway medals, it's it what ever shafts Taylor Made used when I purchased them off the rack. As for my irons, it is what ever shafts were ordered based on those selected by the Callaway fitters. If I were to go to the True Temper facility, I have no idea what questions to ask them other than which one of their shafts would be best for me. It would be strictly an educational experience. However, I can assure that what ever shafts they recommend will be in my future purchases. The one thing I can say is that when I hear True Temper, I know they make shafts and I cannot even tell you the names of other companies making shafts.

My hybrid has a Project X (that I LOVE), and my wedges are ally Dynamic Gold. If I wasn't so happy with my driver, I'd consider trying to find a Hzrdus for it. I have played DGs in previous iron sets and really enjoyed them.

BTW ... the TT site has some great stuff on ALL of their product line. www.truetemper.com

I have been playing TT in all my irons from day one. Way back when .... when Dynaminc Gold dominated the scene, they were in my original Titleist AP irons. Kept them for a long time in whatever iron I was playing. Now I have migrated to the Project X line of shafts. No better shaft on the market IMHO. The feel, the flight ... all exceptional. I even have the DG Spinner shaft in one of my wedges. Also have the XP95 in my long irons for the higher ball flight. I'd also like to try the new AMT shaft as well to see what all the buzz is about.
I would love to get a chance to see how the TT shafts are made and what they are planning on doing in the future to better themselves. Hard to top the best shaft in golf!

My XR driver, hybrid and 4 wood are all project X. My irons are KBS tour 90's, which I love, but I will be curious if I was somehow lucky enough to get to go to TT, to see how they are different, and how they could help me.

I have some project X wood shafts and a set of irons with x100s in them. Set of wedges with spinners in them. They all come out for a round every once in a while.

BTW .... for those of you that have or have had the VSGA VIP Golf Card ... Fawn Lake CC in Spotsylvania is participating in it for 2016. I know I have never played it. Sounds like a road trip to me!!

I have TT SL85 in my D200 and Project X LZ in my driver and backup 3w

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Son of a ....!! How did I miss this? ...by so much. This is by far the closest (and therefore only realistically affordable) outing for me. Are signups over? I am waiting for money to clear in my pay-pay to get back into AB this year.

Son of a ....!! How did I miss this? ...by so much. This is by far the closest (and therefore only realistically affordable) outing for me. Are signups over? I am waiting for money to clear in my pay-pay to get back into AB this year.

No signups yet. Haven't missed anything... except some friendly banter

No signups yet. Haven't missed anything... except some friendly banter

whew... by the way... capt. I think we need someone to rep the south part of the state.

BTW .... for those of you that have or have had the VSGA VIP Golf Card ... Fawn Lake CC in Spotsylvania is participating in it for 2016. I know I have never played it. Sounds like a road trip to me!!

I get the card every year

Sorry ... wrong thread

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Most of the shafts I've ever had are True Temper. To be fair I haven't gone much into the after market though. However, most of the time, I've never felt a need to.

New question:

How will you handle the "good - good" (giving of a putt) while playing in this event? Do you have a strategy to using them.

i can be generous. I play it by ear and situation. I'll especially go good good if my par putt is longer than urs lol.

With my partner I like to talk about how they felt a hole played based on they hit it when it comes to yardages...wind elevation etc. putts I just ask how they felt it was breaking when I can't make up my mind. How much I've recently stopped listening too. For my crowd, I hit my putts pretty firm and they mostly die theirs in. So when they say two balls out or whatever I usually cut it in half knowing I take break out.

Also I don't have any TT shafts at the moment. I've always wanted to try PX 6.0s in irons. I tried X100s in the past but my current shafts performed better for my flaws and delivery. From a LM, PX 6.0 seem to offer great performance and dispersion but that would mean new irons lol.

ill be considering PX in my next purchase. Also I really like S400s in wedges, but I just ordered my wedges to have the same shaft as my irons and that last worked out. If I did it again I would get S400s though.

thats my honest feedback there.

i have DG s300 in my md3 wedges and pxi 6.0 in my irons.

i have DG s300 in my md3 wedges and pxi 6.0 in my irons.

I have dg wedge flex in my 3 wedges. I used to play s300 until I switched to kbs. Would not hesitate 1 second to play all dg

Back