Welcome, I'm kinda new to the forum as well. At least in Terms of posting. Everyone seems pretty friendly to me.
Generally, we don't bite.
Welcome to the forum! AZ has a small but active number of guys, many of whom have been involved with THP events. I think that, the more you interact, the more you get out of the forum.

Generally, we don't bite.
Welcome to the forum! AZ has a small but active number of guys, many of whom have been involved with THP events. I think that, the more you interact, the more you get out of the forum.

He lies. We do have one guy that bites but we swore not to talk about that again.

Dan
Divot Diggers Golf

Sharing the love of golf through those that suck at it

Just a quick heads up - our winter is in full swing. Cold rain for the last two days. Probably a few more days of this weather before "spring" arrives.
We will get through this terrible stretch of weather, so don't worry too much.
Great thing about rain in the desert - plants turn green really quickly after a rain, so the foliage here will be awesome for a couple of weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Curious to see how long the "cold" weather lasts this winter...sounds like its El Nino related and its just about half way over so far.

Curious to see how long the "cold" weather lasts this winter...sounds like its El Nino related and its just about half way over so far.

I read today this is going to last until March/April.

I read today this is going to last until March/April.

Well, if that is the case, we need the water.

And, it is a good reason to update my rain gear. Good thing FJ shoes have a waterproof guarantee!!

Any snow in Flag? Might as well ski....

FYI, for anyone that may be on the west side of Phoenix this weekend, Valley Golf Center is having demo days.

Fri 10am-4pm: Ping and Taylormade
Sat 10am-4pm: Callaway, Cobra, and Mizuno

FYI, for anyone that may be on the west side of Phoenix this weekend, Valley Golf Center is having demo days.

Crap. This is always bad news for me.

Will they have the new g irons?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

You AZ folks, stay alert on the Gauntlet signups. They will be coming fast and furious soon.

I'm going Saturday. I'm hoping Callaway has the new XR16 driver. I want to compare it to the BB Mini. I can't hit 460cc heads worth a poop. When I called VGC, they said there is a good chance there will be some price breaks.

Will they have the new g irons?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

The email I got only had the OEMs and the dates and times.

You AZ folks, stay alert on the Gauntlet signups. They will be coming fast and furious soon.

I'll be looking out for this one.

If the AZ crew doesn't pull down at least 4 signups, I'm going to feel like we under-represented.

Oh we are going to be on that for sure!

I'm paying close attention!!

I'm paying close attention!!

I watching as close as I can ... still afraid I am going to miss it!

Full court press to get into this one!

Anyone up for a Sunday afternoon round at the Wigwam (blue/patriot course)?
It should be pretty open if you don't care about the patsies vs donkies.

Quick question for you AZ guys. I am in the area weekend of 2/7 staying at the Boulders. Will do at least one round there but also looking for options (3 rounds at the Boulders can add up) and saw some good rates at Rancho Manana. Anybody got an opinion on Rancho Manana? It's $80 to $100 cheaper than a round at the Boulders. If it's good, I'll play it. If not, I'd rather spend the $ for a better course.

I'm trying to stay close to the hotel as I am traveling with my wife who isn't a golfer. Generally, I like to get an early tee time and get a quick round in while she's having her AM coffee, showering, etc. If I get back mid/late AM, I take a quick shower and we're ready to go and do some things together.

Other suggestions welcome.

Thanks

Quick question for you AZ guys. I am in the area weekend of 2/7 staying at the Boulders. Will do at least one round there but also looking for options (3 rounds at the Boulders can add up) and saw some good rates at Rancho Manana. Anybody got an opinion on Rancho Manana? It's $80 to $100 cheaper than a round at the Boulders. If it's good, I'll play it. If not, I'd rather spend the $ for a better course.

I'm trying to stay close to the hotel as I am traveling with my wife who isn't a golfer. Generally, I like to get an early tee time and get a quick round in while she's having her AM coffee, showering, etc. If I get back mid/late AM, I take a quick shower and we're ready to go and do some things together.

Other suggestions welcome.

Thanks

Much better courses around than Rancho Manana and even the Boulders for that matter. You could head east about 20 minutes and play Verde River (old Tegavah), travel a little south and play both Wildfire courses, or both Grayhawk courses. You could travel about 40 minutes and play both We-ko-pa courses. All of these beat Rancho. Another nice course nearby is Legend Trail.

Much better courses around than Rancho Manana and even the Boulders for that matter. You could head east about 20 minutes and play Verde River (old Tegavah), travel a little south and play both Wildfire courses, or both Grayhawk courses. You could travel about 40 minutes and play both We-ko-pa courses. All of these beat Rancho. Another nice course nearby is Legend Trail.

Thanks for some options. I've played Raptor @ Grayhawk and enjoyed it. Am trying to stay close to the hotel though. Perhaps I just ought to sneak out onto Whisper Rock :D

Rancho Manana is not worth $50.
Legend Trail is a good course.
Quintero will give you a big challenge and is a great course.
Troon North courses are great. Pricey but worth it.

May be coming out to AZ to watch some spring training baseball and play some golf the last week of March. We will be in Surprise mostly. Looks like several options for golf in Sun City and the surrounding area. Any must play or do not bother courses out there? Thanks!

Back