Cobra King Forged Irons Preview

Good feedback X.

They look pretty sharp and great initial thoughts. I'd love to get into a get with a gap or approach wedge, just have a hunch I'd use it more than I would a separate gap wedge. Might have to check these out.

They look pretty sharp and great initial thoughts. I'd love to get into a get with a gap or approach wedge, just have a hunch I'd use it more than I would a separate gap wedge. Might have to check these out.

Fwiw and iirc, they have a similar feel to your J15 DPF. Which for me was my favorite in the J15 line. So it's only suiting I would gravitate to an iron with that feel

Fwiw and iirc, they have a similar feel to your J15 DPF. Which for me was my favorite in the J15 line. So it's only suiting I would gravitate to an iron with that feel

That is def good to know and my interest level just went up a notch.
The DPF's are my favorite of all time and if these are similar and include a gap wedge, I feel I'd have a few more options on shots 100 - 65 yards in,

Man those look great in that blend of grass (can't wait to see that in my yard). Honestly enjoyed that information. So your saying these are legit.
Can't wait to follow along with your thoughts.

Cobra King Forged Irons Preview

OK so I put the 6-iron against each other today at golf Smith. What I saw yesterday was confirmed today. Slightly lower launch in the KFT. Apex and the distances were pretty close. I mean the ball flight was almost the same trajectory except for the slightly lower launch and apex of the CTL. Slightly tighter dispersion with the KFT as well. Considering I was fit for the XRP with the matrix program shafts, This off-the-shelf offering for Cobra is pretty darn good! Although my swing speed and ball speeds were slightly higher with the XRP I contribute that to the lighter shafts in matrix program F15 being 95g compared to 110g of the CTL.

RED - XRP
GREEN- KFT

c3c34507359d1eb519d3a245dc42bf32.jpg
e8cd21a780e7047df7916f046e6cd45d.jpg

xavier- which one is which? red kft and green xrp?

No the other way.

RED- XRP
GREEN- KFT

i like the grouping of the kft better than the xrp. i guess only a few rounds with the kft will show whether the lower launch and lower max height affects approaches into greens.

i like the grouping of the kft better than the xrp. i guess only a few rounds with the kft will show whether the lower launch and lower max height affects approaches into greens.

Yeah true. But descent angles are the same. And I have no problem holding greens with the XRP

Boy they look pretty!

Awesome feedback so far, X. Are those peak height numbers right? 50 yds?! My fitter keeps telling me 30-ish yds is ideal...

Boy they look pretty!
Those are gorgeous!! I'd just paint fill the orange to pink!

I love the looks of these so much. They're definitely near the top of the list of clubs I want to give a serious try.

Dang! That Fowler 4-iron looks crazy thin. I have never hit a Cobra iron, but they make some of the best looking muscle backs out there.

Awesome feedback so far, X. Are those peak height numbers right? 50 yds?! My fitter keeps telling me 30-ish yds is ideal...

Yeah I've read also somewhere that peak height should be somewhere around 30. But I'm high ball hitter and there's not a combination out there that will get me that low. Or at least I haven't tried it. I may be getting these on trackman to get some real numbers within the next week or two. I'm actually going to a Titleist Ball fitting on Saturday and hopefully they have trackman there and I can take this out and see numbers

I just made an impulse buy and picked up a set of the Forged Tec from eBay. It was one of those deals I couldn't pass up.

4aa6f560-049a-46fa-9865-27d3c5df6ced_zpsoxxihxs6.jpg

I guess we will see how these go! I'm still going to plan on demoing the Apex CF16's and see which one fits me better. Once I they show up I'll get them to the simulator and give you guys some feedback.

Played my first 9holes with these yesterday after a few days of on range work. These are a whole lot of fun. Paired with the W/S Duo Urethane these had a nice soft but solid feel to them. I've definitely played softer forgings before but these felt more powerful. Had a nice pop at impact. Don't know if it's the ball or the irons but I really felt the ball spring off the face. The best part of my game, if any, is iron play and these added some confidence. On course I saw mid-high ball flight in the C-Taper Lights. The pairing is really good. Balls were coming in high and landing soft. Again the ball plays an important part in all, but once I got on course I was seeing exactly 1/2 club longer to the XRP iron distances I had dialed in despite what I saw on the LM data. I have a feeling these will allow me to get aggressive knowing I'll stick more greens with less rollout. Only hit 4/9 greens yesterday and that was due to not having the distance dialed in. All other shots were greenside on the fringe. Or in 1st cut rough. I hit a 4 iron to the 220yrd front pin Par 3 (hardest hole), and was pin high 15yrd right of the green, soley user error here as I checked impact mark on the face and it was dead center but I left the club face open. Despite that I was pleased to see the consistency iin distance despite the open face on the worst shot of the day.

Here are some pics of the nice high and soft landings paired with the
W/S Duo Urethane

b68183cd6abcb8a9f3801eaec14e0cc5.jpg
b60e1df262d91cf8edf8f2fc2da1c366.jpg

Good stuff XM. They are a solid set for sure.

Thanks for the feedback Xman. I'm going to get my first swing with these tomorrow on the simulator and can't wait to compare these to my old Bridgestone's.

I finally had the chance to take these over to the simulator today and it always amazes me how great the honeymoon phase is with new clubs! It's really hard to get great feedback in a simulator but I can tell you I did see a distance increase over my Bridgestone J40DPC of 8-10 yards. I'm sure much of this is due to the 2-3 degree stronger lofts but with that said, it didn't seem like I lost much in shot height. Forgiveness was good, bad shots were ending up where the good shots of my Bridgestone's were. I wish I could give a better review but since it was sim golf and hitting sim balls, I hate to get to far in to it.

At address these irons look freaking magical, so nice. I didn't hit them but I could have just held them for hours.

I tried the King Cobra (not saying Cobra King, sorry) Forge Tec's with CTL's today at my local mega outdoor range and put them up against my existing Apex13's and the Apex16's and these Cobras are serious serious sleepers that were a perfect fit for my swing. Dead straight lock and load and they seem every bit as long as the Apex twins but tighter dispersion (for me). To me the Cobra Forge Tec's felt more like JPX825/850 Forged than the Apex.

Of course I'll need to go again a few more times to confirm as it could have just been an anomaly.

My golf coach was there and agreed that I was hitting these better than either Apex. HMMMMMM.

Back