Would You Use Lead Tape?

No. Just no couldn't do it

I've been known to throw some lead tape on my clubs. The only clubs I didn't like the look of it on were the black wedges.

Never used lead tape, but if I thought it would help, I wouldn't mind using it at all if I can do so without making the club look terrible.

I have some on putters before and the bottom of woods, didn't seem to matter to me too much, but I often don't think about using it.

I would and I do. Have a some on many of my irons / wedges right now.

Nope..

Yes sir I'd use it if there was some significant help

Just added lead tape to my PM Grind and irons this year. Little experiment for the summer. I personally like the look of clubs with lead tape on them.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Would You Use Lead Tape?

Just put some on my XR driver to bring it up a swing weight point. Seemed to work pretty well on the range today. So far it's staying.

Would have bought the tungsten triangles but the store didn't have them.

This should answer the question
IMAG0507_zpsoo2k3utv.jpg
IMAG0508_zpsmp3byeu7.jpg

If it helped, sure. However, I'm not one to just try it to see, it would have to be on a professional's advice.

I'm with your friend. I don;t like the look of it, so I would not use it. But I would if there was a need to add weight, look for another way to do it.

Nope, never used it and probably never would as I wouldn't know where and how much to use

This should answer the question
IMAG0507_zpsoo2k3utv.jpg
IMAG0508_zpsmp3byeu7.jpg

Each to their own, but personally I think that looks terrible with tape on the clubs like that, makes them look cheap and nasty in my eyes

I have used it before. Would do so again if I needed it.

if it would help...sure.

Added a total of 3.5 inches of high density tape to the toe end of my 4H last night. Also .5 inches each on my 3W and 7I. On the 3W and 4H, I put electrical tape over the lead tape to make it blend better with the finish of the heads.

If I knew how to properly use it and if it helped my game I would definitely use it

If it helps, absolutely would.

Yes, and do.
I went OCD a while back and weighed all my irons and used it to balance them out to the same SW. Only took a few grams on most of them but after weighing them, it was in my mind so just feel better now knowing it's just me that stinks and not the clubs being different.

I would use it if I had any clue on what to do and what not to do. I think if it makes you play better than looks really shouldn't matter but to each their own.

Approx 1 1/2 inches is close to a SW point. Next time your near a SW scale weigh your irons. You can use the tape to fine tune head weight feel.

IMO: eg: It works particularly well for me on the shorter irons, depending were SW is. Lets say set is D2 SW, and PW is D3, SW D5. The progression of heavy head feel drops off at 9i, yet its the same length as PW. I like to put a inch on the 9i, then 3/4 8i, 1/2' 7i. The additional head weight smooths out my swing. IMO: I find it helps, when get a bit quick with the shorter irons, or flippy as the weight will feel like it slows club down a tad or give a bit of lag from what I was previously used to. I apply it high up the flange in shorter irons, and low in the long irons, usually a strip cut in half down the middle and doubled up.
Tour players have wedges SW a lot heavier than usual in 'some' cases. I acquired Tigers wedge it was D8, Stewart Cinks D7, they felt like a tank. If a shaft is too stiff lead tape will lower CPM and get it playing a tad softer, or kicking tiny bit more in a driver, place it heal or toe to help negate any flights you want to correct, the result will be minimal, however every bit helps
Experiment on the range, slap say... 2x3 inch strips on your driver, heal toe... or doubled up on toe...or heal...or under sole back rear pear...or higher up. Lead out on the toe side increase head heavy feel more as its away from the shaft. You may like to butt trim 1/4' and add lead to the head for more control. So many ways to use lead tape. Roll is approx $10

Without the tape I couldn't get the club to the right swing weight at the right spots, the club would be unplayable.

I have used it in the past to bring swing weight up after butt trimming a three wood.

My granddad loved it on almost all of his clubs, but I'm not a fan.

I have lead tape on my driver currently, so the answer is a resounding "yes".

Yes. Have before and would again.

Back