TaylorMade M2 Irons Preview

They are ok looking. The RSI and psi were ok irons IMO but nothing that I wanted to jump at throwing in my bag. For TM I hope they do good with these.

I am personally not a fan of the two toned look, but different strokes... if they perform, that is all that matters.

I have no doubt these will be hood irons that would help my game, remind me of the Cleveland MTs. I like the speedpocket in them

Looking very Burner-y, I agree. Not too bad.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I think the look could grow on me. Quite a bit of competition in this segment this year.

These have that classic TM Burner iron color scheme to them. From a TM stand point I can dig that

I can only hope this is the case. If that's the case, I'll buy 2 sets this time around.
Those were one their more successful releases, not saying it in bad way. I went back and compare the backs to the old 2.0s and they look even closer than I thought.

Last edited:
Burner 2.0s, rebadged?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the finish personally, hopefully these will be a good release for them.

Those were one there more successful releases, not saying it in bad way. I went back and compare the backs to the old 2.0s and they look even closer than I thought.
I'd hope so. One of the most successful irons ever judging from how many bags I witnessed them in, and still do.

I wanna hit these for SURE

These look like C100's to me. I'm sure they perform, but no need in my bag for new irons right now. I like the color scheme

So, tour versions!??!?! Nice!

col1-item.png
col2-item.png

So, here's the old Burner 2.0 iron.

12099.jpg

If references to the M2 irons are being made to other irons that have been released recently, I think that speaks volumes about the product TaylorMade had years ago, because I see this design as a pretty clear inspiration.

If you cross the Burner 2.0 w/ a SpeedBlade, you've got one pretty awesome iron - and that's kind of what the tour looks like to me from an aesthetics standpoint

If you cross the Burner 2.0 w/ a SpeedBlade, you've got one pretty awesome iron - and that's kind of what the tour looks like to me from an aesthetics standpoint

If the burner 2.0's and Speedblades had a baby, I'd be fine with the results. I know a couple of people that still game Burner 2.0's and they are solid

The tour's don't look that bad at address to me at all. I'd have to see them in hand, but I like what I see here.

WZ672_zoom_D2.jpg

I like the satin PVD finish on the Tour version, and the top line views of both suggest that may be more appealing to my eye and game.

My exact thoughts. I never hit the Burners, but the SpeedBlades were quite possibly my favorite irons I've ever hit. I could totally get on board with this.

I love the look and am looking forward to test it out.

So, here's the old Burner 2.0 iron.

12099.jpg

If references to the M2 irons are being made to other irons that have been released recently, I think that speaks volumes about the product TaylorMade had years ago, because I see this design as a pretty clear inspiration.
Thanks for posting the side by side. I see these irons all over the place still, and could see many of them upgrading/updating to these for the new tech.

I love my speedbladez...if these are similar they could be a winner

Absolutely, that's what I was thinking too when I saw these. Distance gains with the SB plus the insanely easy to hit aspect of the Buner 2.0 and that's a winner.

Back