Odyssey Works Versa Marxman Fang Preview

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
SOFTCAPPED
The new extension of Odyssey Works Versa Putters features the proven Fusion RX insert and Versa high contrast alignment that have made the Odyssey Works line a huge success on Tour and with golfers all over the world. These new models feature some of our best technologies to help golfers make more putts.

Odyssey Works Versa Marxman Fang Putter

Retail: 2/5/2016

Price: $199.99, $219.99 with superstroke

The Odyssey Works Versa Marxman Fang Putter is designed to give you all the alignment you need, because the most important part of putting is starting the ball on your intended line. You know that. This putter takes the 2-Ball Fang chassis that’s one of the best selling models in the world and adds Hi-Def linear alignment from our proven Marxman technology.

This model has our best feeling, most trusted insert ever and quicker roll that gets the ball into a pure roll faster. And we combine that insert with major-winning alignment, the stability that makes it an accuracy machine from the perimeter-weighted fangs, and the Marxman high-definition alignment strip.

Features & Benefits
Quicker Roll With Fusion RX
We’ve taken the most legendary insert of all-time that’s the best feeling, best selling, with the most Tour wins and combined it with unbelievable new roll technology for the Fusion RX Insert.
It’s where feel meets roll as we couple the White Hot insert with ultra thin stainless steel mesh and our patented Metal-X roll pattern. There are no compromises, and it has faster roll than the White Hot insert, so it reduces skidding and gets the ball into a pure roll faster.

Stability and Forgiveness From Our Dual Fang Chassis
We’ve taken the dual fang chassis from our 2-Ball Fang (the most accurate 2-Ball of all time) and used the chassis to position the clubhead’s weight to the perimeter. This increases MOI, resulting in more stability, more accuracy and better control.

High-Definition Marxman Alignment
The two alignment stripes run the entire length of the putterhead to help you frame the ball and find your target line.

Major-Winning Versa Alignment
You’ve seen how the world’s best players trust this visionary alignment. The silver and black contrast lets your eyes key in on the linear designs to highlight the proper face angle from address to impact for alignment throughout your putting stroke.

odyssey-works-marxman-fang-360-face-2015-L.jpg

odyssey-works-marxman-fang-360-back-2015-L.jpg

odyssey-works-marxman-fang-360-hero-2015-L.jpg

odyssey-works-marxman-fang-360-top-2015-L.jpg

For those who love the 2Ball, this will be a nice addition. I'm digging the "VLine" stripe to this one

For some reason I've never been able to get used to that as the top line, but I love that they're expanding the line with other options.

The Fang is something that I know I'd like to try at some point. It's such and interesting design, and looks stable and strong behind the ball.

Hello gorgeous long thick alignment line. Wish it was a flow neck as opposed to a full shaft offset but still glad to see the head shape and design.

I'm not a 2 ball fan, but the fang look is nice and overall a good looking putter.

Tried the Fang and we didn't get along. Nice lines but not for me.

Odyssey is killing it with all of these releases.

I remember loving the alignment with the MX Dart, this is fairly similar, but much better looking IMO. A very good release, and just interesting enough that I think a lot of people will pick it up and roll a few putts with it at their local pro shop... that's where they get ya!

The alignment system really interests me, I'm a mental midget when it comes to alignment on putters. Wish this one could be ordered in a counterbalanced design.

Odyssey does love their long names though....less is more IMO.

I had been "meh" on the Odyssey releases, so far. I do like the Marxman addition, though.

I'd like to address a ball with this putter and see if the alignment works for me.

My wife really struggles with alignment. This might be the answer for her.

Not sure how I feel about his one. Just reminds me of an Ariel view of the highway.

The LONG white site line on this one has me intrigued.

May sound weird, but in a way it reminds me of the Smart Square by giving multiple MASSIVE alignment aides.

I bet it helps those who struggle with alignment a huge help.

Not really a fan of this shape, but I think it's a must try for me to see how the alignment methods do on the green.

wtf is up with that name? Love the alignment on this one.

wtf is up with that name? Love the alignment on this one.

It's a name that has been around for a while. They first brought it to market around 06-07 iirc and basically it is designed as an alignment aid with putts. This is what the Vline putter has on it, just not raised like this one.

​I never could get comfortable with the sight line on this thing.

Looking forward to giving this one a roll.

Put me in the "never felt comfortable over the ball with this headshape" category. The alignment on this one is interesting though.

Not a fan personally knowing what I like in alignment, but I have to say it is a well done putter. Can see some benefitting from this.

Oh, and the limited edition putter cover madness from gaming one of these could be epic (ala Jailbird).

I am amazed at how stable this putter is, I think it has to do with the added weight on the tank model and the wider shape, but holy cow it's point and shoot.

Back