Wilson Staff D200 Driver Review Thread

aaaaaaaaah I KNEW you'd get one!!
Yes. I picked it up from Jman last week and the pom head cover went on it right away. I showed it off to the DMV guys in my foursome.

Thanks again.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Yes. I picked it up from Jman last week and the pom head cover went on it right away. I showed it off to the DMV guys in my foursome.

Thanks again.

That headcover is the cat's jammies! Driver's pretty good too :D

Thanks again.

What can I say, I'm a total enabler when it comes to W/S gear!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What can I say, I'm a total enabler when it comes to W/S gear!!

After seeing and hitting the new irons. I'll just add to what they have all said.

Just wait!!

After a shaft change, I'm back to hitting the d200 the best I ever have. No matter what I did I hit the ball straight. Leaned into it and it didn't go hooking left like it normally does. Very happy to have my bomber back. Now if the snow just holds off

After a shaft change, I'm back to hitting the d200 the best I ever have. No matter what I did I hit the ball straight. Leaned into it and it didn't go hooking left like it normally does. Very happy to have my bomber back. Now if the snow just holds off

I'd love to get a new shaft in mine. I finally had to put the old 588 Custom back in the bag because the Speeder VC6.2 shaft is a way better fit for me than the Tour Blue that is in the D200.

Where did you get a new adaptor for the D200? I've been told it's easier to catch a Sasquatch than to get a D200 adaptor.

Where did you get a new adaptor for the D200? I've been told it's easier to catch a Sasquatch than to get a D200 adaptor.
Did you try to hit up Duffy or one of the other folks at Wilson Staff for a lead?

I emailed Duffy after the Legacy. Didn't hear back from him.

Wilson Staff D200 Driver Review Thread

I'd love to get a new shaft in mine. I finally had to put the old 588 Custom back in the bag because the Speeder VC6.2 shaft is a way better fit for me than the Tour Blue that is in the D200.

I asked Duffy over at Wilson (via Twitter)
Otherwise give the custom folks a call in Chicago. Steve (junk) is your best bet.

I asked Duffy over at Wilson (via Twitter)
Otherwise give the custom folks a call in Chicago. Steve (junk) is your best bet.

Thanks. I'll do that.

I had the D200 out for a round on Sunday.
It was great! I hit it LONG - I was 60 yds beyond my playing partners on a few holes, I got to a 560 yd par 5 in two (driver, 4w from 229 yds).
Missed one fairway right (have yet to hit that fairway, hole just sets up poorly for my eye), missed two left.
Such a great club - hit the face, watch ball fly, hear friends go "Nice Shot".

If I could hit driver, that spot in my bag would be filled by W/S.

Quick question re: D200 grip.

Has anyone had an issue with a replacement grip for the D200 Driver, given it is a lightweight grip on the original shaft? I just changed grips and was wondering - went from the original lightweight grip to Lamkin cord grip.

Nope, just have to watch swing weight

I put lightweight replacement grips on my Cleveland CG Black driver to maintain oem swingweight.

I am pretty sure that I have no idea what swing weight of the driver (or any club) is. I figure if I can hit it straight-ish, it should be fine.

But, given that the weight change is at the handle, is there a big swing weight change?

I am pretty sure that I have no idea what swing weight of the driver (or any club) is. I figure if I can hit it straight-ish, it should be fine.

But, given that the weight change is at the handle, is there a big swing weight change?
I never had a lightweight to begin with. Went ndmc right from the innovation center. Never had any issues.

The D200 was back in the bag today & I had my best day driving since Sunday Singles @ the Legacy. I had several drives in the 250 range & a couple that snuck out there to 260-270.

I was determined to find the form I had that day, so I spent a lot of time at the range today prior to my round working on nothing but set up & grip with the driver. After trying what seemed like a hundred different combinations, I finally lucked into the right set up for me with this driver/shaft combo. This time I'm writing in down in this thread so if I loose it again, I can come back here & hopefully get myself straightened out.

What worked today was feet shoulder width apart, ball just barely forward of center, club face just a hair closed, club head positioned about 4" - 5" inches behind ball & heel side of center. Used my normal grip & my hands centered on my body. That seems like a lot to have going through my head now that I put it on paper, but it only takes a second to go through this on the tee.

Played the D200 driver yesterday for 36 holes.
FIR - 9/14 on the first 18. 10/14 on the second 18.
Long drives, some up to 280 yds. Lost a couple right, over drew one left, most of the missed FW were just off the grass.
Great sound, easy to hit, ball flight is a nice mid height, really no big hooks or draws.
Even after owning this driver for 15 months, I still really enjoy hitting it!!

a84dba868ecf3c080c326ff9db430bc1.jpg

e08a0a28256f46b06ffab0a1c42e5851.jpg

Had this happen to my D200 last spring.
Wilson did replace it.

Just in from @WilsonGolf via @THPGolf! Thx @THPGolferGal & @lindseylasater. #D200's to hang out w/#GenFLX irons.

9f112b781980a7d99ab24c739565793b.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wow that's pretty freakin awesome!

Just in from @WilsonGolf via @THPGolf! Thx @THPGolferGal & @lindseylasater. #D200's to hang out w/#GenFLX irons.

Are you going to play them or just take pictures of them? :banana:

Absolute bomb launcher when paired with the right shaft for you.

Is anybody seeing this club new for anything less than $299? Given that the F5 has been out for a month or more now I thought we would be seeing some movement here. I had thought about picking up a gently used one on eBay, 2nd Swing, etc., but I've got a $100 gift card to my local golf store so I keep hoping for a retail price drop. Luckily (or unluckily) I've got a surgery on Monday that will keep me from swinging a club for a couple of weeks, but after that I'm going to be itching to put a new driver in the bag, and I'd really like it to be this one.

Back