SILO Golf Club Carrier

Hey Matt,
I can also see it being used to hold your putter, 60/56/52/9/7 for when you are CPO... my only big question before I spend the money to test one (maybe for a formal review if the guys who work at THP allow it) would be wondering how easy it is to snap the irons in and out of the attachment, and if you have tested how much wear it puts on the clubs being that you have to literally snap it into the SILO near the hosel... as well as how many times you can Snap it in/out before the locking mechanism on the SILO wears out and needs to be replaced

Yes, the way you have described of having 60/56/52/9/7 + putter is the setup I normally use. But I will usually just have 60/56/52 + putter, and if I need an iron I'll throw it in while I'm walking to my shot.

We have done quite a bit of durability testing, and feel confident that neither situation you have described will happen. Your clubs won't be damaged, because we use a Santoprene rubber (durable and resilient, but softer than any club). The SILO is made of three parts, the inner parts that you can't see behind the rubber sleeve are a hard plastic, so they won't be bent out of shape no matter how many times you insert a club.

I used the same SILO for two separate trade shows, and would conservatively estimate that I put clubs in/out over 500 times, with no effect on the clubs or the SILO.

Thanks again for the feedback, and let me know if there is anything else I can help answer.

-Matt

Yes, the way you have described of having 60/56/52/9/7 + putter is the setup I normally use. But I will usually just have 60/56/52 + putter, and if I need an iron I'll throw it in while I'm walking to my shot.

We have done quite a bit of durability testing, and feel confident that neither situation you have described will happen. Your clubs won't be damaged, because we use a Santoprene rubber (durable and resilient, but softer than any club). The SILO is made of three parts, the inner parts that you can't see behind the rubber sleeve are a hard plastic, so they won't be bent out of shape no matter how many times you insert a club.

I used the same SILO for two separate trade shows, and would conservatively estimate that I put clubs in/out over 500 times, with no effect on the clubs or the SILO.

Thanks again for the feedback, and let me know if there is anything else I can help answer.

-Matt
Thank you, that was mainly my concern was the durability of the SILO as well as the affect on the clubs. I might look into trying one out if enough THPers are interested as a full review

I'm wondering if the clubs would stand upright?

I could see some use for CPO days, but it sure seems like it would either take up a lot of space when connected to clubs, or would have to find a place in the bag for it.
My first thought/vision on this was DawgDaddy's tendency to take a 'few' wedges with him when he's around the green. He could load up a few, and I'm guessing if the heads are kinda pointed in the right directions, then they would stand up, and he could keep control of all his clubs. :shrug: just thinking of usefulness here.

My first thought/vision on this was DawgDaddy's tendency to take a 'few' wedges with him when he's around the green. He could load up a few, and I'm guessing if the heads are kinda pointed in the right directions, then they would stand up, and he could keep control of all his clubs. :shrug: just thinking of usefulness here.

You are correct that if you get the wedges/irons pointed in the right direction, it will form a base for the clubs to stand up. You can also do this with most drivers/putters as well, though some of them are too clunky or weird to get them standing up. It does take some adjustment, but is a cool feature.

Please check out our Instagram that has a lot of pics: http://www.instagram.com/rivalandrevel

You are correct that if you get the wedges/irons pointed in the right direction, it will form a base for the clubs to stand up. You can also do this with most drivers/putters as well, though some of them are too clunky or weird to get them standing up. It does take some adjustment, but is a cool feature.

Please check out our Instagram that has a lot of pics: http://www.instagram.com/rivalandrevel
Random question that I always find interesting with companies... where did you get the name SILO for the product? does it stand for something? Standup Integrated Light Organized or???

Okay still confused.
If I put three clubs in there to run to where my ball is on CPO, and then take one out, the thing wont stand anymore.
So I ahve to keep more in there and unsnap them each time.

Im not dissing a product that I have not tried, just really trying to wrap my head around a product that seems like it has its heart in the right place.

Okay still confused.
If I put three clubs in there to run to where my ball is on CPO, and then take one out, the thing wont stand anymore.

Im not dissing a product that I have not tried, just really trying to wrap my head around a product that seems like it has its heart in the right place.
I have been emailing back and forth with Matt today, he is actually going to send me one of the newest model to test this week, the new model will come out in April "The newer model has a softer rubber, so it is easier to insert and remove clubs. We found that for the older and younger demographics, they were having some trouble inserting clubs. We also changed the magnet insert, so that there is no possible way for it to fall out. We had a few complaints that the magnet holding the ball marker fell out, so we changed that as well."
I will be doing a full review of the product when it get's here from initial thoughts, taking it to the range, as well as both par 3 and regular courses to see how it works, how I like it, and what my final thoughts will be on it.

Okay still confused.

You are correct that if you bring three clubs, unsnap one, then the SILO won't stand. It can fit up to 6, so if your goal is for the SILO to stand, you need to bring at least 4 clubs.

Still, even if you bring three clubs in the SILO, it is the same as picking up one more additional club, because they are all condensed. If you have the club you take your shot with, plus two additional loose clubs, it is harder to pick up than having them organized with the SILO.

Like I said, it is not for everyone, but it is one of the products I've used where after a few times, I wouldn't want to go back to carrying loose clubs with me.

Okay still confused.

Yes, you need three points to establish a plane, so if you want to have it stand you'll need to take four clubs - the one you want to use plus the three to form the base.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wedges have a tendency to turn into camouflage sometimes when around the green. A bright, colorful thing to keep a couple of wedges together could be useful and hard to miss when walking away. Neat product.

Wedges have a tendency to turn into camouflage sometimes when around the green. A bright, colorful thing to keep a couple of wedges together could be useful and hard to miss when walking away. Neat product.
My thoughts exactly! Already thinking about picking one of these up to try out this year.

Back