Illinois Top Golf Gathering

Ahhhhh OK, dang, I have a buddy that works in the Willowbrook location.

Whose the buddy? They are both about the same distance from me (Willowbrook is about 5 minutes further). I'm sure I could change the location.

Whose the buddy? They are both about the same distance from me (Willowbrook is about 5 minutes further). I'm sure I could change the location.

Kyle Morris

I sent you a PM, but I got the driver I was fit into for about half of what they were asking. They know a lot of people go this route and don't pressure you to buy from them. At least that was my experience.

I sent you a PM, but I got the driver I was fit into for about half of what they were asking. They know a lot of people go this route and don't pressure you to buy from them. At least that was my experience.
Agreed!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

They had a winter full bag fitting special for half off. So doing the whole bag with the intent of getting a new driver and maybe 3-wood/hybrids. Have no intent of changing my irons, but possibly shafts depending on the outcome. Any info on their build prices?

Deerfield

Per the prior post, cost for builds are very high. Full retail on each piece of equipment, plus a premium build charge. @dhartmann34 @MSH134 and I did our fittings there (well, they were in a different location but the staff is the same). Don't know who your fitter will be, but we enjoyed working with Tim. (Hope he's still there - I was going to run a shaft question by him.)

We've got a FANTASTIC club builder that has done work on every club in my bag except the putter. Fit my club champion fitting outcomes perfectly at a 30-40% savings. He's doing the same for another THPer as we speak.

We've got a FANTASTIC club builder that has done work on every club in my bag except the putter. Fit my club champion fitting outcomes perfectly at a 30-40% savings. He's doing the same for another THPer as we speak.

Soooo much this. For anyone wanting good quality club work done at very reasonable prices (including shaft prices - shop yourself for the club heads), try Victory Custom Golf in North Carolina. Ken is the proprietor's name. Does really, really good work, and the turnaround is pretty quick. I have tried, unsuccessfully, to find a similar quality/price option locally, and haven't seen anyone come close.

Sweet!

Soooo much this. For anyone wanting good quality club work done at very reasonable prices (including shaft prices - shop yourself for the club heads), try Victory Custom Golf in North Carolina. Ken is the proprietor's name. Does really, really good work, and the turnaround is pretty quick. I have tried, unsuccessfully, to find a similar quality/price option locally, and haven't seen anyone come close.

#noted

His shop is fantastic

Agreed!

Agreed as well. I got a SAM putter fitting done at Deerfield and it was awesome. Didn't have the putter that fit me so they helped me to find one on EBay. Go figure!

Just curious.... Do we know where in the building we're going to be yet?

My appointment is now at Willowbrook on 2/15 @ 10am with Kyle.

Awesome! He's a good dude. Tell him I (Bobby Leek) sent you to him.

Just curious.... Do we know where in the building we're going to be yet?

We do not know where yet but I just talked to Top Golf and when you get there just go to the person at the front counter and say your here for "The Hackers Paradise" group event and they will point you in the right direction. I will be there early preventing Poochgolfer11 from eating all of the doughnut holes. You can always stop at the bar and grab yourself a cocktail as well. See you guys tonight!

We do not know where yet but I just talked to Top Golf and when you get there just go to the person at the front counter and say your here for "The Hackers Paradise" group event and they will point you in the right direction. I will be there early preventing Poochgolfer11 from eating all of the doughnut holes. You can always stop at the bar and grab yourself a cocktail as well. See you guys tonight!

They giving us a package deal or we doing standard pricing? Just wondering if I should pull out cash or bring my card.

They giving us a package deal or we doing standard pricing? Just wondering if I should pull out cash or bring my card.

I would bring cash for drinks and appetizers and your card for golf.

Not feeling so hot today....but I plan on making my way down!
If anything...I can gobble up some donuts and make fun of @Rambler for
aiming so far right.... :p

Thanks - I only ask cuz I'm the guy who is constantly worried about getting lost in an airport, missing his flight, running out of gas, etc, etc... So I don't wanna be walking around like an idiot trying to find guys I haven't met yet, LOL!

They'll be the crazy guys with THP hats, putter head-covers and 2 bags a piece.... It'll be easy :p

Thanks - I only ask cuz I'm the guy who is constantly worried about getting lost in an airport, missing his flight, running out of gas, etc, etc... So I don't wanna be walking around like an idiot trying to find guys I haven't met yet, LOL!

top golf day is here already? I've been playing catchup for so long that I didn't even realize it. That's an impressive list of attendees, well done!

Another clear sign is look for the only guys lasering the pins :p

If you are worried about looking like an idiot, you should leave the Giants hat at home....:alien:

Let's be even more honest I had a syringe filled with chocolate and vanilla before the event even took place! It's almost time! Anyone opposed to me bringing some of this to get the party started?
168c25309b3b70c598e2d05bc10a5758.jpg

Learned a fun fact about that devil drink. It's actually distilled and bottled in Auburndale, FL, ie about 35 min away from Tampa. But, it can't be purchased here.

Also, that stuff is just awful.

Back