UST Mamiya & THP Shaft Spectacular - March 2016

Driver: Callaway GBB with a Diamana Whiteboard 70g. Got bored, wanted to see how it paired up.
3w: Callaway GBB 15 degrees with an AD DI-7. It won the drawing of what to put in play this week.
7w: TM SLDRs 20 degree with an AD DI-7.
Hybrid: TM SLDRs with the stock Speeder hybrid shaft.
Irons: Callaway XR Pros with KBS C Tapers.
Wedges: TM Tour Preferred 50-54-58.

The more I read about what could possibly be in store, the more insane this could be for two people. Heck of a thanks to THP and UST Mamiya for letting this go on into the Summer!

Second entry:

Driver – In my Bridgestone J38 is the stock Fujikura Motore F1 65 Stiff, this shaft is tipped so it plays stiffer than most S shafts. I have looked at getting another shaft multiple times but have just pulled the trigger. Would love to see if there was a shaft that would give a more piercing ball flight and a little more distance.

Fairway wood – I currently have the 13*, 15* and 16.5* Taylormade V-steel, in the 15* and 16.5* I have True Temper X100 shafts tipped 1”, I have had multiple different shafts in these woods, but have gone with control over distance with the X100 shafts. Currently, in the 13* I do not even have a shaft, just cannot find anything that I like.

Hybrid – In my Adams hybrid I have the KBS Tour hybrid shaft in X-flex. This hybrid came with the Adila Voodoo 85 originally but never liked the kick in that shaft always left the ball out to the right. The KBS is great from the tee box, but from the fairway the ball comes out a little low and hot so keeping it on the green is difficult.

Irons – In my Bridgestone J33 Combo irons I have the Nippon NS Pro Modus 3 120 Gram. Love these shafts, has great spin control and the dispersion on mishits has been very condensed since using these shafts, previously in these irons I had the True Temper S400.
I also have a set of Ben Hogan Apex that I bring out every once in a while and in those I currently have the Ben Hogan Apex 4 shafts. I have had KBS and X100 in them before as well, but the Apex 4 feels the best. Would love to try recoils or steelfiber.

Wedges – In my 46* and 53* wedges I have the NS Pro WV Wedge 125 Gram. Love this shaft, is very easy to control distance and ball flight. I recently got the Taylormade TP 58*. This came with the KBS Tour wedge shaft. I was very surprised with the feel and for now have left this shaft in the 58*. Once it warms will head to the range and compare the Modus and the KBS to see which direction I go.

Putter – stock shaft, it is black and matches the head and grip on the putter so looks super sleek and since it has the matte black finish I do not get any of those crazy glares in sunny TX. I was fitted to a 34” shaft in a putter 5 or so years ago, would love to get fitted again and see if this is the same. Has felt off the last couple of years.

Let's go Texas peeps.....where ya at??!! Put the burritos and salsa down and get your info down in here!!

I would LOVE to get in on this!!

Driver - Callaway XR 10.5* with the Stock Project X LZ 50 6.0 - honestly I have really struggled with my tee ball since I put this driver in play, I have a feeling that the shaft profile just doesn't fit my swing, I am hitting high weak fades with it.....by far my favorite driver shaft was the Graphite Designs Tour ADDI - 7 S that was in my Bridgestone J40

3 Wood - Bridgestone J40 3+ with Graphite Designs Tour ADDI -6S....I still love the low penatrating ball flight from this shaft and head combo

Fairway Wood - Callaway V Series Heavenwood Mitsubishi Bassara 52 Stiff (Stock)......nothing but high straight bombs

Hydrid - Bridgestone J40 4 Hybrid and Callaway XR hybrid....both with Project X stiff hybrid shafts ( was fit to this shaft)

Irons - Taylormade Speedblades 6-SW - KBS Tour 90's.(stock)....I probably hit my irons too high....a more penetrating ball flight would more than likely pick up a least a half club in distance.

Wedge - Cleveland Smart Sole 58* - Stock Shaft

Putter - Odyssey MXM #7 - Stock Shaft

https://twitter.com/timldotson/status/695491322577203200

Last edited:
Looking forward to seeing who gets into this one for March.

I can't wait to see signups after everyone sees what goes down in a few weeks.

The chances of getting in are MUCH better now than they will be later!

Understatement.

No doubt. The coverage that Nate and Shane will provide is going to be silly good. Those who aren't sure or not overly excited will have a change of heart pretty early in the live thread. I will make sure I'm at a place that has wifi on both days so I don't blow up data plan following Nates periscopes and the live thread

But they are soooooo goooood!!

Let's go Texas peeps.....where ya at??!! Put the burritos and salsa down and get your info down in here!!

This will stay open for a little bit longer.

I really wish this didn't overlap with a really important work trip. Like Cookie said, this is going to get harder and harder to get into, I think. But this month's just doesn't work for me.

driver - I have a Project X Handcrafted LZ X flex 7.0. Really simple, this was given to me at the 2014 Grandaddy and it ROCKS, one of only a handful ever made this way.
fairway wood - I've had two fairway wood shafts in my 3 wood. Right now I have a heavy (83 g) Tour Issued Miyazaki Kusala X flex. I bought it from fellow THP'er Mango Smash. When I got it, I felt it fight be too heavy, but now that it's in I like it a lot!
hybrid - I have a Fujikura Speeder 865 X Flex. This was what my fitter suggested at ECPC. We looked at and S, but it felt to whippy so we stuck with the X.
irons - Project X Flighted 95 Steel 6.0 shafts in all my irons and wedges. My fitter at ECPC asked what I had in my current at the time, and this is what I had. He said that was a great shaft for my swing speed and flight characteristics and so we stayed with them.
wedges - *see irons*
putter - stock shaft that came from the factory. Honestly, they could put a wood shaft in my putter and I'm sure it would be fine.

IF I get in, is it ok with I sleep in your garage with the Jeep?

IF I get in, is it ok with I sleep in your garage with the Jeep?

Hahaha, of course! Or you can crash in the same bed that Jman always uses (sheets washed of course).

Hahaha, of course! Or you can crash in the same bed that Jman always uses (sheets washed of course).

Great!

As long as they aren't plastic sheets, then I'm good!

This was my 4000th Tweet! Hope it was a lucky one!

I can't believe there are not more people signed up for this, oh well better odds for me :alien2:

Looks like I'll be in Reno for work that week or I'd be trying. This will be damn sweet for sure.

Man....great odds in getting into this month!!!!

Can't make it for March, but good luck to everybody!

Really like UST products and very interested to learn more

Callaway GBB 10.5 Fuji 661 stiff, best shaft I have found so far
DBD 816 16 deg. Adilia Rogue 70 S, like the weight and feel
GBB 9 wood Adilia Rogue 70 S, like thw weight and feel
APEX Pro 16 4-AW Recoil 110 S fit into these
Callaway 58 deg. 110 recoil
Scotty C. X5 stock shaft

And it begins again, lets see if I can be one of the lucky ones

Current gamer shafts are listed in my WITB below

Driver (Calalway GBB) - Grandura 590, stiff
Just recently switched to the Grandura 590 . Results have been outstanding so far, would be interested if some other shaft can knock it out

3-wood (Callaway 815) - Tour Blue, stiff
Really like this set up. Nice high piercing flight.

Callaway (Big Bertha Heavenood) Stock shaft- stiff

Irons (Callaway XR Pro) - :kbs: C-Taper Lite, stiff
Just recently changed to the C-Tapers and love the feel and flight I'm getting from these.

Wedges and putter have stock shafts, not even sure what they are.

Would love to have the chance to see the various shaft options that would benefit me!!

Thanks to THP and UST Mamiya for the opportunity!!!

Ramond Iverson@Golfvr54 15s15 seconds ago I want the best shafts for me, and UST has them! @THPGolf @USTMamiya & #ChangeTheGame http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?78844-UST-Mamiya-amp-THP-Shaft-Spectacular-March-2016 …

Last edited:
Geez I wish I could throw my name into the hat for these. I can't even fathom the awesomeness that will take place. For me I will most likely have to wait until the later months to throw my name in. Good luck everyone!

Back