How many use a Rangefinder with Slope function?

Agree with Cookie. I have the Leupold GX-4i with detachable yellow face plate that measures slope and it's helped me judge effective shot distances to the elevated greens that many courses have around DFW area which in my case add an extra club selection. Great customer service from Leupold as I once dropped in on the cart path and killed it. I had it for two years and sent it in to see if it could be repaired and a week later received a brand new complete unit with cover, extra battery and fresh 2 year warranty at no charge!

I've own or have owned 3 Bushnells and 2 Nikons and the Leupold GX3i2 I bought last year is my favorite of the bunch. They certainly stand behind their products. My father-in-law had a 35 year old rifle scope that had moisture problems and they sent him a new $800 scope, no charge.

Have one that I can switch the face plate for slope or standard function. It has been very helpful as i play lots of different courses and some have massive elevation changes. Having the ability to switch between slope/standard function makes it work, a slope only rangefinder is something I would/will avoid.

So do you just not post the rounds for handicap purposes where you use the slope function?

I know I'm not supposed to, but I'm only hurting myself, and I don't actually use my handicap for anything - my league keeps its own separate handicap, and I don't play in any MGA tournaments, so I go ahead and post them. I use my handicap more for personal tracking.

I love my Tour X for the ability to have it for certain rounds. I can swap back to normal anytime but I do certainly enjoy having slope for our very hilly courses.

I've got a Bushnell v2 Slope and I used it only on non-sanctioned rounds and on the driving range (I have a GolfBuddy GPS, too). That is, until now. Equipment with slope function is legal now, as long as you don't use the function. That rule changed in 2016.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

I have the slope feature on my V3. I normally have the feature turned off. Where I live it really isn't hilly. But when I play while I'm out of town, I will turn it on if I've never played the course before and there is elevation. During THP or any type of tournaments, the feature is turned off.

I've got a Bushnell v2 Slope and I used it only on non-sanctioned rounds and on the driving range (I have a GolfBuddy GPS, too). That is, until now. Equipment with slope function is legal now, as long as you don't use the function. That rule changed in 2016.

To my mind that is a bit of a nonsensical rule really. They have said that it is legal to use one with slope but not in any 'real' competitions as that is still ilegal, but you can use the slope device so long as you don't use it in slope mode. How the hell are they going to police that!! I bet your mates that play with you will not divulge info that they have seen you using it with slope.

It is like saying 'you are now legal to carry a cocealed weapon in public spaces, but as soon as you get it out in public we will prosecute you'.

I personally can't see any issue with someone using slope mode. At the end of the day you don't need to be Einstein to know that downhill meeans less relative distance and uphill means more.

To my mind that is a bit of a nonsensical rule really. They have said that it is legal to use one with slope but not in any 'real' competitions as that is still ilegal, but you can use the slope device so long as you don't use it in slope mode. How the hell are they going to police that!! I bet your mates that play with you will not divulge info that they have seen you using it with slope.

It is like saying 'you are now legal to carry a cocealed weapon in public spaces, but as soon as you get it out in public we will prosecute you'.

I personally can't see any issue with someone using slope mode. At the end of the day you don't need to be Einstein to know that downhill meeans less relative distance and uphill means more.
The Tour X makes it easy to know the difference, one faceplate is black and the other is red.

Mine doesn't have it, but I've played with those who do. If it a course I know, I would rather not know any slope adjustments. I already know how to play the shot depending on real yardage and it only screws with my head a little. If I don't know a course, it would be nice to have though.

I dont have the slope function on my V3 for two reasons. First I didn't want to spring the extra dinero for it. Second, I had this crazy thought that if I ever play in tournaments I wanted to be able to use it without any issues. I used it during Legacy but I don't remember if we had it stipulated that slope could or could not be used. Either way that would have been the only time that would have been a factor but it is nice to know that I can use it if I need to.

To my mind that is a bit of a nonsensical rule really. [...] How the hell are they going to police that!! I bet your mates that play with you will not divulge info that they have seen you using it with slope.
Welk, first of all, there are more than one rule that seem nonsensical.

I've played matches against opponents who have used lasers and i have never asked them if their little gadgets are legal. I, on the other hand, have never used my laser BECAUSE it was not legal. Until now...

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

The Tour X makes it easy to know the difference, one faceplate is black and the other is red.

My Leopold is similar, yellow faceplate is slope/not tournament legal. Silver faceplate no slope/tourney legal. I always switch it to silver for competition rounds because even if no one else knew, I would.

My TourV2 is the regular version, but when I replace it I will go with a Slope version. For the V2 purchase years ago, I intended on playing in tournaments that would ban the slope function...but that isn't the case these days.

I have the slope feature on my V3. I normally have the feature turned off. Where I live it really isn't hilly. But when I play while I'm out of town, I will turn it on if I've never played the course before and there is elevation. During THP or any type of tournaments, the feature is turned off.

How do you turn it off on the V3?

I have the non-slope version of the Bushnell Tour V3. I suppose I went for the non-slope version for the cost and so I can post the rounds I use it for. I really like how the newer range finders have the plate you can take off so you can use them both ways.

I use one with slope.

My Nikon has the slope feature, but I turned it off when I got it and never turned it back on. I grew up playing in WV so mentally adjusting for elevation changes is very natural to me so I'd rather just have the true yardage. I doesn't bother me at all if someone uses one that adjusts.

I have never used one, but I have really been contemplating one. We have a handful of holes with pretty drastic elevation changes at the home course, so I think it would be beneficial.

We have a few holes out here with elevation changes so my V2 has it. Picked it up on the bay for a steal and has really helped me continue to learn what a difference it can be.

Whenever im not playing a comp round I use the slope function. I have the Bushnell Tour X so its just a simple change of the faceplate. My home course is a little hilly in places so it works a treat. Takes the guess work out.

I use the slope feature in Arkansas, here some greens are 50 to 60 feet of rise above you or more. One par three is 90 feet below the tee box. Makes a difference in club selection. especially when it is windy. In Minnesota not so much.

I have a tour x and use the slope and post those rounds as well.

My home course doesn't have any huge elevation changes and even if it did, I play it enough to understand what I need to compensate for elevation.

I have a Leupold GX-4i[SUP]2[/SUP] which does just about everything but clean my balls (slope, temperature, altitude, iron recommendation). Like most other slope enabled rangefinders all of the USGA non-conforming features can be disabled by simply replacing one faceplate with another.

Since I don't play in tournaments I don't have any issues entering my scores into the HC system. The HC that it spits out is just for me to see how I'm progressing. YMMV.

If the slope enabled rangefinders were less expensive I suspect that many more people would be using them.

Im not great at judging just how much to add or take off so i use it when possible. Super handy when playing elsewhere...

I purchased a Bushnell Tour X about 3 weeks ago and finally got a chance to use it this past Monday. It has the slope and worked very well.

Back