You Choose The Course

Pinehurst #4 which is supposedly the best course of the 8
That's actually a good call. I wouldn't say it was better than No 2 before the restoration. But I'm not a big fan of the restoration on No 2. I played 4 once and. It is fantastic. A course the public hasn't seen at all. So the unfamiliarity might hurt interest and ratings.

It's a good of choice as any. Still maintain the southern charm feel even more so than Augusta. And it's early spring in the Souteast and East, so the typical start to the golf season feel is still there.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Sea Island's Sea Side Course. They would have to grow the rough out more, but it is a fantastic course and would work in April.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I am surprised it took that long for someone to suggest true blue or Caledonia.

I keep thinking Caledonia, but I wonder how much money would need to be dumped into it to make it a true test for the best in the world.
The photos would look great of them on the course, but you are right they would really need to beef it up to make it a true test. Those pros would eat that place up as its currently set.

Being public really makes it hard, it definitely has to stay in the SE. Pinehurst #2 is the most b logical choice, maybe to logical. I haven't played there but maybe Cuscowilla? Farm Links?

Cuscowilla is overrated, IMO. Fun and tough for us regular folks, but the pros would demolish it. I've been thinking about one of the Reynolds courses, but not sure it would have the 'charm'.

The photos would look great of them on the course, but you are right they would really need to beef it up to make it a true test. Those pros would eat that place up as its currently set.

59 watch would be on big time!

Either course at Hammock Dunes

Cuscowilla is overrated, IMO. Fun and tough for us regular folks, but the pros would demolish it. I've been thinking about one of the Reynolds courses, but not sure it would have the 'charm'.
I don't know much about it, just saw some pictures recently and looked up the rankings. I thought about Reynolds but I don't see that having the atmosphere at all.

I don't really see any resort or neighborhood course being an option, I just can't see it having a masters feel.

I don't know much about it, just saw some pictures recently and looked up the rankings. I thought about Reynolds but I don't see that having the atmosphere at all.

I don't really see any resort or neighborhood course being an option, I just can't see it having a masters feel.

Agree. Cuscowilla is beautiful and fun and you should definitely make the trip up one day.

This is a tough question for me, but I'm learning a lot about new courses.

An unconventional choice.

Cuscowilla CC on Lake Occone just east of Atlanta.

It's not ANGC, but nothing is. Course is challenging, and they can make it play very tough. Pretty layout, and it is typically in excellent condition.

Very walkable course that would allow for spectators. Keeps some of the Southern charm of ANGC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree. Cuscowilla is beautiful and fun and you should definitely make the trip up one day.

This is a tough question for me, but I'm learning a lot about new courses.

And... I should have read the entire thread before posting.

Ha.

And... I should have read the entire thread before posting.

Ha.

I think you should make the trip so we can do a full review

TPC San Antonio Oaks Course.

It's got the length, and is accessible. It's not ANGC, but nothing is.

RJT at Ross Bridge. The tips play at 8200 yards.

That's actually a good call. I wouldn't say it was better than No 2 before the restoration. But I'm not a big fan of the restoration on No 2. I played 4 once and. It is fantastic. A course the public hasn't seen at all. So the unfamiliarity might hurt interest and ratings.

It's a good of choice as any. Still maintain the southern charm feel even more so than Augusta. And it's early spring in the Souteast and East, so the typical start to the golf season feel is still there.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

I liked #2 before the restoration and I think now it's even better...will play it one day. I heard from some folks and iirc Matt Ginella also mentioned on one of the MD shows that #4,6 and 8 were all great courses and that 4 and 8 or 4 and 6 were better than #2.

What about Kiawah? Only question would be April weather maybe. Has the challenge and when the wind blows......

JM

This was my thought. Kiawah can be set up to be a tough as the organizers want it and it is some of the most gorgeous scenery you will ever see (though it's no Augusta).

I think you should make the trip so we can do a full review

I'd love to make that trip.

But it's now a 4+ hour trip...

Another thing I thought about earlier, I don't think it should be a course that has ever hosted a pga tournament, and definitely not a major. The Masters course should be for the Masters only.

This is a really tough question.....my first thought was Pebble......what about Streamsong it's supposed to be really nice.

This is a really tough question.....my first thought was Pebble......what about Streamsong it's supposed to be really nice.

no charm or history at streamsong

I think this question is more interesting by saying you can't pick a course that has hosted a major before.

Great Waters with the holes bordering the lake is a great course but a Nicklaus design being used for The Masters would be strange. It is my favorite of the 5 that I have played up there in Greene County. I agree on Cuscowilla, it is tough for us but the pros not so much IMO.

Torrey Pines South. Use the front tee's. Torrey is fine in April and using the front tee's will keep from wearing out the Players through 72 holes on the tougher South course.

You Choose The Course

Streamsong...maybe Shadow Creek

Some place in Alabama......but no clue exactly where. Gotta be a gem there that fits the criteria.

The Judge at RTJ Capital Hill in Prattville. That course could make iron man cry.

Back