Song Dog

Reaction score
Handicap
I see these for like 5-6 bucks per dozen. I have never hit them or never plan on hitting them.
Has anyone ever played these. I am just curious, cuz in my mind, a 5-6 buck a dozen golf balls would be any good at all.

I picked up a dozen at Canadian Tire a few years ago. They are rocks that are painted white. Just so awful.

I picked up a dozen at Canadian Tire a few years ago. They are rocks that are painted white. Just so awful.
Wait you got golf balls at a tire store? Haha Canadians

If you want to cave in the face of your woods, give them a go. Especially on a cold day....they are terrible.

Nope. Just nope. If I found them in the junk in the past, I threw them farther in.

i have, within my bags of range time balls, a couple yellow nitros. also in the range ball bin is anything from scuffed pro v1 to macgregor to nitro, any ball i would not play on the course and may be too lazy to go and shack during practice (where i practice you pick up your own balls)....i found the nitro to be long and straight flyer. at first i thought i had just "caught them good" because these 2 balls were the longest of the bunch. I looked and they were nitros. It brought the smell of drags into my head. after the second round of practice again they were the longest just outpacing a couple titleist velocity balls. they don't feel too good off the iron, nor do they feel completely terrible either

They are rocks of the first order. Only golf ball that I have ever broke when I hit it. For me, zero feel, zero spin.... zero ball!!

I did when I first started. There are so many better options, for cheap, on the market though. W/S 50 Elite for example.

My only experience with one was when I had 3 of them in NC and decided I was playing a hard course and would lose them anyway so who cares. I played the nitro for one hole and thought I was losing distance. Then on the next hole I hit a drive I knew was in the center and the ball took the craziest flight pattern I've ever seen, it was like a corkscrew. I get up to the ball in the fairway inspect it and see no flaws. Confused I take out an iron to hit an approach shot and the ball explodes on impact.

Long story short do not play Nitro

I take out an iron to hit an approach shot and the ball explodes on impact.

Long story short do not play Nitro

Isn't that what nitro is supposed to do? :alien2:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't plan on using any lolol was curious if anyone had. I just couldn't wrap my head around..."how could a ball that cheap, be good?"

It's that cheap for a reason. You get what you pay for, as they say.

They are bad. I have found and hit them. The paint is off and cover is nicked up in just a few hits, plus they can scratch your club faces.

Have a buddy who swears by the, I personally wont touch them. They are beyond junk.

Back