Michigan hackers, check in here

To be honest, I've never heard of it, but with Miles and Carl's much closer for you( I'm assuming) I wouldn't see much reason to drive all the way to Okemos

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Miles in Ypsilanti is much closer for me. I get to Ann Arbor a decent amount and always stop by Miles when there. Don't go to Carl's much but is closer as well.
Was more curious than anything. Hadn't seen or heard about it before.

Miles in Ypsilanti is much closer for me. I get to Ann Arbor a decent amount and always stop by Miles when there. Don't go to Carl's much but is closer as well.
Was more curious than anything. Hadn't seen or heard about it before.

That's me as well, I probably pass by Okemos 50+ times a year and have never once been there or heard of it, but I normally drive to Carl's or Miles for any fitting purposes/ club purchases.

The weekend of the 12th or the weekend of the 19th. Better tee times for the 12th better lodging for the 19th. I have to make reservations tomorrow. So if anyone is interested let me know, and give your opinion what is preferable

I would be fine for pretty much any weekend. Also would really like to play treetops. So let me know when its decided and I can make sure I am free.

Please set it up and I will figure it out.. Have to check wife's pre scheduled vacation days..that would be my only hang up.. PM me if needed.. Thanks .. Great idea.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Please set it up and I will figure it out.. Have to check wife's pre scheduled vacation days..that would be my only hang up.. PM me if needed.. Thanks .. Great idea.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Alright will do, I'm going to shoot for the 19th and make a reservation for 4 and hope we fill the fourth spot.

Last edited:

That's a heck of an offer, I took lessons there during high school but never got to play the South course. Not a part of the Rivarly match, but hope some lucky guys take you up on this...should make for some great memories for non-members. The South course is a bucket lister course for me.

Not sure how long you've been a member, but were you around when Mark Evans was the Assistant Pro out there? Such a great guy, I was really bummed when he moved away to Long Island.

**Firestone CC**

Seeing as most of you gents from up north will be playing in the regional rivalry, I am looking to gauge the interest of the guys that will be in town for the event or making the trip regardless. However, I have not brought this up to anyone in Ohio yet. I'm sure the captains will want everyone at the course that Friday for a practice round if possible.

The Bridgestone Invitational is played early this year. June 27th - July 3rd. The course itself closes June 17th-24th at 2:00pm but will be open fully the week prior to that. As a member of Firestone CC I have been able to play the week/weeks leading up to and right after the tourney many times and its pretty cool. Stands, Tents, Scoreboards etc are all in the process of being setup or completed. Trying to not take any thunder away from the Regional Rivalry I went ahead and asked JB to make sure the proposed rounds wouldn't be stepping on the toes of the RR event. He explained as long as the guys who make the teams are there Friday night and Saturday that's all he really cares about.

I would be happy to try and get as many 4somes as possible for Sunday June 11th or even the Friday before for non participants. I also have a friend or two that could get a few extra tee times if need be. Just throwing it out there.....I cant actually book any tee times prior to March 1st but as you would imagine, they book pretty fast in the weeks leading up to or right after the tournament ends. If this doesn't seem to work out, I'd also be happy to do the same thing another weekend but figured since a lot of you will be in town anyways....

Also, the big guy asked that it not be discussed in the RR thread. Hence the post here.

Let me know your thoughts

Awesome idea/gesture man! You my friend are a quality THPer.

**Firestone CC**

Seeing as most of you gents from up north will be playing in the regional rivalry, I am looking to gauge the interest of the guys that will be in town for the event or making the trip regardless. However, I have not brought this up to anyone in Ohio yet. I'm sure the captains will want everyone at the course that Friday for a practice round if possible.

The Bridgestone Invitational is played early this year. June 27th - July 3rd. The course itself closes June 17th-24th at 2:00pm but will be open fully the week prior to that. As a member of Firestone CC I have been able to play the week/weeks leading up to and right after the tourney many times and its pretty cool. Stands, Tents, Scoreboards etc are all in the process of being setup or completed. Trying to not take any thunder away from the Regional Rivalry I went ahead and asked JB to make sure the proposed rounds wouldn't be stepping on the toes of the RR event. He explained as long as the guys who make the teams are there Friday night and Saturday that's all he really cares about.

I would be happy to try and get as many 4somes as possible for Sunday June 11th or even the Friday before for non participants. I also have a friend or two that could get a few extra tee times if need be. Just throwing it out there.....I cant actually book any tee times prior to March 1st but as you would imagine, they book pretty fast in the weeks leading up to or right after the tournament ends. If this doesn't seem to work out, I'd also be happy to do the same thing another weekend but figured since a lot of you will be in town anyways....

Also, the big guy asked that it not be discussed in the RR thread. Hence the post here.

I love the Brigestone Invitational and have always wanted to play the course! It would be an incredible experience, especially with the tournament stuff set up. This would be amazing!

That's a heck of an offer, I took lessons there during high school but never got to play the South course. Not a part of the Rivarly match, but hope some lucky guys take you up on this...should make for some great memories for non-members. The South course is a bucket lister course for me.

Not sure how long you've been a member, but were you around when Mark Evans was the Assistant Pro out there? Such a great guy, I was really bummed when he moved away to Long Island.

Just let me know when you'd like to play! I'd be happy to et ya on. Last year was $235 guest fee but....kinda one of those things ya just gotta do sometimes

I'll do my best to make this happen. Whether it be the same weekend as the RR or not. It just so happens the Brisgestone is early this year.

Not sure how much guest frees would be but for those that have wanted to play it, it's pretty much worth it. Last year I think was $235(doesn't change closer to tourney)

I wasn't. I've been a member there over the last couple years but now live 45plus miles away so I fall into the regional member status!!! (Waaaaay cheaper)

I wasn't. I've been a member there over the last couple years but now live 45plus miles away so I fall into the regional member status!!! (Waaaaay cheaper)

Ah I see, this was probably 12 or so years ago, so a bit before you joined. I will definitely take you up on that offer sometime this summer. Once the season is in full swing I will reach out via PM to coordinate...it always killed me to hit on the range so often and never get on the course I watched Tiger and Co play every summer. Really appreciate it PK!

Also, major win on the regional member dues reduction!

Ah I see, this was probably 12 or so years ago, so a bit before you joined. I will definitely take you up on that offer sometime this summer. Once the season is in full swing I will reach out via PM to coordinate...it always killed me to hit on the range so often and never get on the course I watched Tiger and Co play every summer. Really appreciate it PK!

Also, major win on the regional member dues reduction!

Sounds good! Yea....the dues reduction was almost impossible to pass up. Especially considering it only takes me 40mins to get there.

**Firestone CC**

This would be outstanding. I was at the Bridgestone a couple years ago and it would be awesome to play there.

Alright guys I'm calling up to treetops to make a reservation for the weekend of May 19th as part of their unlimited golf package right now I only have myself, Musicmaster, wyzyguy going, so I'm only making the reservation for 4. If anyone else wants to go there's an open spot, if more people show interest before I call up today I'll make the reservation for 8.

**Firestone CC**

Awesome gesture PKorf. I would definitely be interested if I end up making Team MI. Buddy of mine played there last year in a charity event right after the tourney and gave it amazing reviews.

Awesome gesture PKorf. I would definitely be interested if I end up making Team MI. Buddy of mine played there last year in a charity event right after the tourney and gave it amazing reviews.

Great! Kind of an open invite thing too. Doesn't have to be that weekend necessarily. If MI THPers wanna come down a different time just let me know. Still need to verify guest fees etc

Now with a fresh coat of snow on the ground and high temps in the teens in the 10 day, my attention has shifted to the golf show.

Anyone thinking of attending one for the days? Nothing I really need, but always good to see what's out there!

**Firestone CC**

This is a quite a gesture. I am completely interested in any date that works out. That would make an incredible weekend.... Well ... Incredible. Please put a check by my name as in. Thanks again.

Now with a fresh coat of snow on the ground and high temps in the teens in the 10 day, my attention has shifted to the golf show.

Anyone thinking of attending one for the days? Nothing I really need, but always good to see what's out there!

Let me know what you are thinking date and time. Maybe share a ride.

**Firestone CC**

Awesome gesture!
I could have been wrong about you.... lol

Awesome gesture!
I could have been wrong about you.... lol

Haha well I didn't say EVERYONE from Mi....

(kidding of course) would love to have some THPers from up there come down and enjoy it when possible! Doesn't make sense to only enjoy it myself....cost is a factor but it's worth it in my opinion around the tournament time. Let me know!

This is a quite a gesture. I am completely interested in any date that works out. That would make an incredible weekend.... Well ... Incredible. Please put a check by my name as in. Thanks again.

Once teams are announced, I'll try and throw something together for sure. More than likely that Sunday since I'd assume captains want heir teams at Boulder Friday if possible. However, if be happy to play Friday if I'm not on OH team also.

I always attend on the Saturday of the show.

I will most likely be going Friday or Saturday. Best chance though is Saturday morning. Would be great to get a group of guys to go.

Back