THP Radio – The Dean Has Spoken – Volume 3

Another great episode guys. Dean handled the pressure of the bonus topic pretty well, sort of. :alien:

it may have been rough for you Dean but it came across as great golf talk radio and to me thats what made it great. Wasnt sounding scripted, wasnt pre rehearsed, just good back n forth radio. I really thought it came across well.

Guys if you enjoy THP Radio and specifically the Dean has Spoken, head over to iTunes (The Hackers Paradise) and subscribe and/or leave a review. Thanks everybody.

Oh Dean I love you brother, but graphite iron shafts are the cats meow :)

Oh Dean I love you brother, but graphite iron shafts are the cats meow :)

I mentioned that I play graphite too. Steel is still king though. Besides you are an old man.

Listened through this episode, and I really like the length and format you guys are using (guilty of forgetting to listen to the first two episodes so far).

Really like the social media discussion. While I don't follow all these brands on Twitter, I think these medium are a great way to see inside the companies and hear directly from them on a real time basis, for what has to be a lot lower cost than traditional print or air media. I know what Callaway has done has (and what Bridgestone is doing) really personalizes what is otherwise a very one-sided and honestly cold relationship between supplier and customer.

New microphone sound good.

Gloss/steel gotta love that Dean!

Listened through this episode, and I really like the length and format you guys are using (guilty of forgetting to listen to the first two episodes so far).

Really like the social media discussion. While I don't follow all these brands on Twitter, I think these medium are a great way to see inside the companies and hear directly from them on a real time basis, for what has to be a lot lower cost than traditional print or air media. I know what Callaway has done has (and what Bridgestone is doing) really personalizes what is otherwise a very one-sided and honestly cold relationship between supplier and customer.

I agree AD, the one thing that I said and I think it kind of holds true is the brands doing it (at least for the die hard golfers) there is a connection and then purchase, rather than a purchase and then connection. With golf equipment being such an emotional purchase, I think the connection means more than people think.

Love that you all are tuning in. Certainly means a lot to see folks read/watch/listen to the various types of formats that has been provided here.

New microphone sound good.

Gloss/steel gotta love that Dean!

This is something we had to do. I felt as though in show 1, my sound was better than Deans, so we ordered him the same mic and it was much better.

I agree AD, the one thing that I said and I think it kind of holds true is the brands doing it (at least for the die hard golfers) there is a connection and then purchase, rather than a purchase and then connection. With golf equipment being such an emotional purchase, I think the connection means more than people think.

It has become important to me for sure where I didn't know that I wanted that level of interaction. It really gives a big company the feel you get with some small businesses...personal interaction, knowing the people who work there, getting personalized service.

Guys if you enjoy THP Radio and specifically the Dean has Spoken, head over to iTunes (The Hackers Paradise) and subscribe and/or leave a review. Thanks everybody.

if you are an iTunes user, you will definitely want to subscribe because there is more content coming not only on this show, but others in the near future.

That was really good. I can picture Dean clenching his butt cheeks on that bonus question :D

That was really good. I can picture Dean clenching his butt cheeks on that bonus question :D

True story, before we started recording, he told me he does these with no pants on.
Needless to say, I had to start over as I couldnt get through the intro.

I wish it was a video cast, just for those moments. I bet Dean had a HILARIOUS look on his face.

True story, before we started recording, he told me he does these with no pants on.
Needless to say, I had to start over as I couldnt get through the intro.

It's an old Casey Kasem trick. Have to be relaxed.

I'm loving this show! This edition was outstanding, I could sit and listen to you 2 jabber back and forth for hours! Haha!

Wow I am a fan of the show ... first one I listened too and I will make my way to iTunes.

A question I would like to hear is: what new technology is the current club making guidelines restricting, what is one restriction the major club makers wish they would change ...

Last edited:
Great episode!

Great content. As an older golfer the social media is more challenging than some of the other topics but something that l am getting into (slowly) and your views were extremely interesting. Do you have any idea why more companies don't pursue this as much as Callaway etc...? It would seem to be a less expensive advertising method but I'm only guessing at that. As a golf nerd the hot in golf digest is useless other than seeing that there might possibly be news clubs I haven't heard about! Way to go Dean, it was a very enjoyable listen!

OK, its killing me that I have to wait until after school to listen now. I'm morbidly curious about that bonus Q.
Same here, almost out of the meeting and can listen.

I Totally agree with this, and like it or not I tend to be swayed by how a company interacts with THP, and through other social media outlets. If I feel as though they genuinely have me the consumer in mind then I'm much more likely to head there way first. Callaway has obviously paved the way, but several others are catching on strong. I love it as a consumer, and a fanatic of the game. It's a much more personable lifestyle. Not just the game as it once was.

I Totally agree with this, and like it or not I tend to be swayed by how a company interacts with THP, and through other social media outlets. If I feel as though they genuinely have me the consumer in mind the. M much more likely to head there way first. Callaway has obviously paved the way, but several others are catching on strong. I love it as a consumer, and a fanatic of the game. It's a much more personable lifestyle. Not just the game as it once was.

I 100% totally agree with this.

THP Radio – The Dean Has Spoken – Volume 3

This will be watched this evening.

Edit - Listened

Good stuff again Deano! Enjoy listening to your thoughts on everything.

Back