Callaway Apex Hybrid Review Thread

I do love my hybrids. just don't want it to create a huge gap at the top of the bag. may have to go 23 instead of 20.

During mine time on the range I have found it to be more of an iron replacement than just s pure distance club

During mine time on the range I have found it to be more of an iron replacement than just s pure distance club
That's good to hear because I don't need a distance club. Need something that will go about 215-220 but can be stretched a little further if needed.

I do love my hybrids. just don't want it to create a huge gap at the top of the bag. may have to go 23 instead of 20.
These are way way way way way more iron replacements in terms of distance. Was one if the design goals with them.

I play 5 to 5i and 4 to 4i in these, in the xr it was 6hy to 5i and 5hy to 4i for me.

These are way way way way way more iron replacements in terms of distance. Was one if the design goals with them.
That's awesome. that's why I like the X2hot so much. Wasn't a huge jump in distance but performed so well all the time. I'll be interested to see how these work for me.

I think I'm gonna set some time to do this next week. Now I'm excited.

That's awesome. that's why I like the X2hot so much. Wasn't a huge jump in distance but performed so well all the time. I'll be interested to see how these work for me.

I think I'm gonna set some time to do this next week. Now I'm excited.

I like these better than x2h. For me x2h was a distance club and had trouble playing them low. With the apex have hit some high shots and some more penetrating ones and no tendency to hook,them which is huge for me

Had 3h demo on course today. Swing was garbage today but had a decent tee shot with it on a short par 4. Range time after round produced some nice shots. Loving the sound and feel and look. Might be ordering one Monday.

I demo'd one and cannot wait till the funds allow me to get one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trying to decide between the 4 or the 5. @JB - reading the thread is sounds like the 5 is your 185 club correct? Do you remember what your number is with the 4?

Trying to decide between the 4 or the 5. @JB - reading the thread is sounds like the 5 is your 185 club correct? Do you remember what your number is with the 4?

That is correct.
The 4 was 195. Because I hit my current 3 hybrid at 205, I just leave the 4 out of my bag.

That is correct.
The 4 was 195. Because I hit my current 3 hybrid at 205, I just leave the 4 out of my bag.

What is your yardage with the heavenwood?

I'm soliciting an opinion here. I'm thinking about taking my 4 iron out of the bag and replacing it with a hybrid. My only issue, and I'm probably overthinking it, are the gaps but I know the actual distances are more important. That said, here are the gaps from the Heavenwood to CF 16 5 iron.

Callaway GBB Heavenwood19º
Callaway Apex CF 16 4i21.5º
Callaway Apex CF 16 5i24º
Callaway Apex CF 16 6i27º

My initial thought is to get the Apex 4H at 23, but since I'm playing the Heavenwood at 19 that almost kicks both the 4 and 5 irons out of the bag. I'm curious to hear any thoughts on the subject!

I'm soliciting an opinion here. I'm thinking about taking my 4 iron out of the bag and replacing it with a hybrid. My only issue, and I'm probably overthinking it, are the gaps but I know the actual distances are more important. That said, here are the gaps from the Heavenwood to CF 16 5 iron.

My initial thought is to get the Apex 4H at 23, but since I'm playing the Heavenwood at 19 that almost kicks both the 4 and 5 irons out of the bag. I'm curious to hear any thoughts on the subject!
I play HW then apex 4 and apex 5 to replace those irons and it works perfectly in terms of distance gaps.

Im like Jman except I have 5i instead of 5h.

I play HW then apex 4 and apex 5 to replace those irons and it works perfectly in terms of distance gaps.

Im like Jman except I have 5i instead of 5h.

Thanks fellas! I'm pretty sure I'm going your direction emart. Do both of you have the stock KK shaft or did you go with something else? I like the Fujikura shafts so I'm considering getting one with the speeder.

I bet the XR Pro is longer then the Apex hybrid.

Think so? The XR Pro 4 is pretty jacked at 21.5 but I'm not sure it's got the juice to take down the Apex Hybo. We'll see.

I think the lofts are a bit more aligned with the others.

Think so? The XR Pro 4 is pretty jacked at 21.5 but I'm not sure it's got the juice to take down the Apex Hybo. We'll see.

I think the lofts are a bit more aligned with the others.

I could grease the Apex 4H to 220, maybe 225. If I stepped on the XR Pro 4 iron I could get 240 out of it.

I could grease the Apex 4H to 220, maybe 225. If I stepped on the XR Pro 4 iron I could get 240 out of it.

That's a big number. I think I maxed out the 4 iron this summer around 220 if I could really put a move on it. We'll see what the SkyTrak thinks of all this.

That's a big number. I think I maxed out the 4 iron this summer around 220 if I could really put a move on it. We'll see what the SkyTrak thinks of all this.

Definitely interested to see the results of this test!

I think the xr pro 4i is longer than apex 4h as well. But note that apex 4h will fly higher and carry further. The xr 4i will have more penetrating flight and more rollout.

Thanks fellas! I'm pretty sure I'm going your direction emart. Do both of you have the stock KK shaft or did you go with something else? I like the Fujikura shafts so I'm considering getting one with the speeder.

I have the KK and have no issues with it.

I think its time for a fun challenge.

f8c99fe0a41d2ad158f0b904eae954cc.jpg

thats a fun looking battle.

It was pretty validating of my decisions for this year. The 4 iron slot is either going to be a GI power iron like the XR Pro, or a hybrid.

With that in mind, I think the gapping will be better with the Apex considering the crazy lofting of the XR Pro.

Demo day is coming and these are on my hit list

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Back