The Official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Taylor, I really like what everyone has said and I think there are some great points.

Now me personally I have never had that chance to take the leap of faith and have just gone from job to job. But maybe there was that leap of faith and I never took it. I am in a position now where I took the comfortable easy route with good money and benefits and had friends and family close. And right now I am not really happy that I just took the first thing offered. I am trying to rectify that now but it is a lot harder the older I am and with a family to support.

My advice to you as a lot have said is take the time to evaluate why you want to take the leap. Set yourself up now to be happy for the rest of your life.

As is been offered, if you need some more advice you know how to find me. good luck brother and I know you will do what's best for YOU.

I never expected this kind of response. Wow guys. Thank You. From the bottom of my heart I appreciate all of the advice, it has given me a ton to think about.

Good luck to you. I am a big believer in creating one's own path. That doesnt mean its right or that another way is wrong. For me it always meant that after school it was about finding what I am good at, where I could do it and exploring the country to find out where I wanted to live. Home, parents and comfort would always be there for me regardless of time (and I am so lucky to be able to say that)

I know so many people that go to school and rush home to their home town. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that, if that is what they want, but for me personally it could never have gone that way. Too many of my friends are now stuck there, and never got to see or do what they wanted to learn and explore.

I will not be sending any of my trucks to Rhode Island anymore. A trucks only toll is ridiculous. Hopefully every other trucking company boycotts RI as well

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I definitely say take the plunge. Do it before you get yourself into a situation where it is much more difficult to make the change.

I am somewhat considering the same thing, dumping everything and doing something completely different (more than anything I want to get into woodworking/furniture restoration). Problem is, I am old enough, with enough expenses, a mortgage, and trying to start a family, that dropping a mediocre wage for a potentially non-existent wage is a scary proposition.

Years ago I had a chance to move away, start over elsewhere, and I didn't take it...... and I still regret it. (Mind you staying where I was netted me my wife, so it wasn't all bad).

Puppy monkey baby.

I will not be sending any of my trucks to Rhode Island anymore. A trucks only toll is ridiculous. Hopefully every other trucking company boycotts RI as well

That's stupid!!! Good thing I don't have to travel that far.

Who do you work for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's stupid!!! Good thing I don't have to travel that far.

Who do you work for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I manage a trucking company

As a RI resident, I completely support your decision! Send them rt 395 north through CT, hopefully more people will do this and the citizens of RI will finally wake up to the corrupt nightmare that is our state government and stop electing these crooks.

Just hearing news about two teen deaths in an Arizona school shooting.

Thoughts and Prayers to everyone.

So sad this keeps happening.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

I save the taxpayers of the State of New York FIFTY MILLION DOLLARS and all I got was this $hitty piece of paper…

ae5f7657f749f803961dfb9b37035e13.jpg

Time to go give myself a heart attack.....just about to head out for a badminton match

Should have only saved them 40, quit working so hard

I save the taxpayers of the State of New York FIFTY MILLION DOLLARS and all I got was this $hitty piece of paper…

Thanks for the hard work Pete! You save my tax dollars and then I come to work and see how more of it is wasted.

Signed by the Deputy and Assistant Comptrollers. Couldn't even get the big dig to sign it?

Is it just me, or is it not even centered?

Signed by the Deputy and Assistant Comptrollers. Couldn't even get the big dig to sign it?

Is it just me, or is it not even centered?
I think MY secretary printed it…

This was just a Division award. I've been nominated for a Comptroller's award as well, but it'll be 2017 before they're announced.

Thanks for the hard work Pete! You save my tax dollars and then I come to work and see how more of it is wasted.
If your office would let my office in, maybe we could get somewhere with that…?

Do as I say, not as I do…

If your office would let my office in, maybe we could get somewhere with that…?

Do as I say, not as I do…

You can come visit any time you want. But good luck at tracking all the $.
PS just got approval for $7-10 million for new PC's, network equipment, software, phones. All for later this year. Was really hoping it was going to get denied.

As a RI resident, I completely support your decision! Send them rt 395 north through CT, hopefully more people will do this and the citizens of RI will finally wake up to the corrupt nightmare that is our state government and stop electing these crooks.
Its going to cost the state 450 million to put the system in. Then when you add costs of goods as toll sur charges will be added to any load coming to RI, when its said and done it will cost your state money Ray.
I think you should move to Missouri :)

You can come visit any time you want. But good luck at tracking all the $.
PS just got approval for $7-10 million for new PC's, network equipment, software, phones. All for later this year. Was really hoping it was going to get denied.
You watch the State of the State? Specifically the part where Cuomo directed DiNapoli to look into homeless shelters?

Well next week I'll be in Poughkeepsie all week…rummaging through homeless shelters. We're only there to observe and report on the conditions.

I'm running three teams of two each through the city, and I can assure you that these places are not on the nice side of town. Our (MY) biggest concern is the safety of my guys and girls. This is going to SUCK.

Anyone know of a good bug spray…?

You watch the State of the State? Specifically the part where Cuomo directed DiNapoli to look into homeless shelters?

Well next week I'll be in Poughkeepsie all week…rummaging through homeless shelters. We're only there to observe and report on the conditions.

I'm running three teams of two each through the city, and I can assure you that these places are not on the nice side of town. Our (MY) biggest concern is the safety of my guys and girls. This is going to SUCK.

Anyone know of a good bug spray…?

oh that sucks. At least it's Poughkeepsie and not Newburgh.

oh that sucks. At least it's Poughkeepsie and not Newburgh.
We have teams there as well. And we're both on standby if either of us are needed in the others area.

Did I mention that the shelters don't even know we are coming? And some of them are "warming houses" which don't even open until 8:00 pm.

I'm getting more and more agita just thinking about it.

We have teams there as well. And we're both on standby if either of us are needed in the others area.

Did I mention that the shelters don't even know we are coming? And some of them are "warming houses" which don't even open until 8:00 pm.

I'm getting more and more agita just thinking about it.

I mean you've shared a hotel room with sposey, this can't be too much different in the long run hehe

I mean you've shared a hotel room with sposey, this can't be too much different in the long run hehe
And I cheated Pete out of $55

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back