2016 Weight Loss and Nutrition Thread

325bed5aca94c5cb95e504dfbe360095.jpg

Here is a before and after pic in my uniform. Today I have reached a new low.....lol....230 pounds !!!!! Only pounds left to go!!!!! March 5th will be the one year anniversary of starting my journey. March 1st was the day I decided to change my life, that's the day the scale read 400 pounds. It may sound like a commercial but if I can do it, anyone who wants to make changes can do it

That's awesome, I happy for your success and hope you reach personal goals. You journey inspires me to loose some unneeded weight that I've had since my college football playing days.

Way to go Maddog!

Here is a before and after pic in my uniform. Today I have reached a new low.....lol....230 pounds !!!!! Only pounds left to go!!!!! March 5th will be the one year anniversary of starting my journey. March 1st was the day I decided to change my life, that's the day the scale read 400 pounds. It may sound like a commercial but if I can do it, anyone who wants to make changes can do it

Awesome Mike! It always really hit me when I'd see pics from rounds you played recently posted on THP and would think to myself, "who's that tall skinny guy? Oh yeah, that's Mike now." :)

Thought I would just pop in this thread and post some of my results from the start of the year. Nothing crazy, just healthier eating and using the elliptical 4-5 nights a week. I am down from 235+ to 217. The difference in the way I feel on a daily basis is night and day. Regardless of weight loss, the way I feel will keep me motivated to keep the change.

I am telling myself this isn't a diet, it's a lifestyle change. I don't eat perfect all the time, admittedly I love beer and food too much for that. But just making healthier choices a majority of the time I can drop weight and feel much better. Good luck on everyone's journey.

I am not someone who weighs myself daily, in fact I normally only do it once a week, sometimes every other week. But I woke up this morning just feeling lighter, I can't explain it but I just felt like I was lighter so I got on the scale and sure enough I am down 2lbs! Seems like such a trivial amount, but after struggling to lose anything at all, I am pretty freaking happy right now!

I am chowing down on a chia seed pudding for breakfast and then I have an Orange Theory class at 8:45am to help me keep this weight loss train moving. :smile:

Last edited:
That is awesome maddog! Congrats on the great accomplishment and no need to stop now! Keep at it man

I am not someone who weighs myself daily, in fact I normally only do it once a week, sometimes every other week. But I woke up this morning just feeling lighter, I can't explain it but I just felt like I was lighter so I got on the scale and sure enough I am down 2lbs! Seems like such a trivial amount, but after struggling to loose anything at all, I am pretty freaking happy right now!

I am chowing down on a chia seed pudding for breakfast and then I have an Orange Theory class at 8:45am to help me keep this weight loss train moving. :smile:

2 lbs is nothing to sneeze at GG, you've stated weight loss is an up hill battle the entire way. Celebrate the victory girl! Well done!

2 lbs is nothing to sneeze at GG, you've stated weight loss is an up hill battle the entire way. Celebrate the victory girl! Well done!

Thanks! It has been an uphill battle, it's amazing how much harder it is to drop weight in my 30's. In my 20's I could drop the pounds overnight, it's just not that way anymore. Between getting fat, getting wrinkles and the overwhelming number of gray hair's I am finding on my head, my 30's have really kicked me in the gut!

Thanks! It has been an uphill battle, it's amazing how much harder it is to drop weight in my 30's. In my 20's I could drop the pounds overnight, it's just not that way anymore. Between getting fat, getting wrinkles and the overwhelming number of gray hair's I am finding on my head, my 30's have really kicked me in the gut!

You know I had to chuckle! But I can relate to the gut check! And I've got a whole lot of gut to check too!

Ok Ken, not sure if our classes will be different again, but if the treadmill I did is like yours than it was pretty easy today, nothing much to it. Although, I personally struggled, but that was because I was crazy tired and trying to run felt like I had 50lb bricks in my pockets.

The weight room for us today was killer! I loved it! And then we ended with 2 minutes of nonstop abs.

Good lawd, our office brought in probably 200 donuts for Valentines Day, and my team is doing a lunch. I prepared and brought a Lean Cuisine, but days like today suck

I just discovered on Slender Kitchen you can change the amount of servings and it will adjust the ingredients for you. Not that it's hard to do the math, but what an awesome feature to offer!

Good lawd, our office brought in probably 200 donuts for Valentines Day, and my team is doing a lunch. I prepared and brought a Lean Cuisine, but days like today suck

Back in college I worked at a doctors office and every day the pharmaceutical reps would bring in food, and it was always a struggle to say no. Everyone would be chowing down on heavy Italian food, fried chicken, BBQ etc. followed up by cakes and cookies and brownies, and I would sit at my desk eating my lunch I prepared from home.

They always made fun of me, but I was also the thinnest person in the office by at least 30lbs. I was so much more disciplined back then.

I just discovered on Slender Kitchen you can change the amount of servings and it will adjust the ingredients for you. Not that it's hard to do the math, but what an awesome feature to offer!

Yes! I swear she has thought of everything.

She really has! I just wish there were more reviews on the meals, I love reading the reviews because people will often offer some great advice on ways to change things up.

I completely agree.

Pure cardio done after a little bit of snow shoveling...im pooped

Back