2016 AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am (Spoilers)

Champs tour is 11 years away for him though.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

10 + 1 month I believe.

My point is I think there are few if any on this site who wouldn't love to be a journeyman PGA pro.

Good win for Taylor. Phil always bringing the drama. Surprised he didn't get up and down on 18.
Big surprise, did seem like the boot/commentators were putting the jinx on him!

Seeing his wife's reaction, this meant a lot to that family, glad to see him win.

10 + 1 month I believe.

My point is I think there are few if any on this site who wouldn't love to be a journeyman PGA pro.

Maybe just me. Seems a lot easier to say from the outside looking in.

To each their own though.

Great for VT. Buddy caddied for him during the Web.com event here and bragged about how nice and modest the guy is.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

This felt like one of the times we saw Tiger play poorly but still contend because the tourney was held on a course that he loves and knows. Phil's ball striking all weekend was pretty mediocre. He saved himself yesterday by going 9/9 in save chances, but was just okay at it today. I think he's got a lot more work to do and the jury is still out on his decision to switch coaches.
The guy was a stroke away from a playoff. That's a fairly harsh outlook on a guy who ground out a gutsy round. Familiar course or not, he still scored very well.

Been running round like an idiot for the last 5 or 6 days thanks to the PGA tour being in town. Today and yesterday were brutal! However, it was all made worth it as I got to shake Phil Mickelson by the hand before he boarded his Gulfstream. He even thanked us for looking after the players for the week. This guy is such a class act! If everyone on this planet was like Phil Mickelson, the world would truly be a better place!!!

5 feet to force a playoff. Gotta make it. If you don't, it's choking. No matter who it is or what the stage is. If Tiger misses that putt you couldn't find anyone defending him

And not sure anyone argued the "choke" that DJ pulled off in the US open.

Just watched the ending of this. Oh boy.

Maybe just me. Seems a lot easier to say from the outside looking in.

To each their own though.

I get it that the PGA tour isn't for everyone. There are those among us who prefer 9 to 5 gigs with a 401k.

Never thought I would hope Phil would miss a putt to force a playoff, since I am a Phil fan. But, I turned it on late, when Phil was getting ready to putt for birdie on #17 (awesome putt), and learned Vaughn Taylor had the lead. I knew Vaughn as a kid, when we were members at Goshen Plantation in South Augusta. A year older than my son, they played together a few times, but my son was never that into golf - it was all baseball for him then. I played with Vaughn many times, as he grew into his teens and then went to Augusta State. He was a good junior golfer, but there were many others that showed more promise. I was actually a little surprised when he got the scholarship to play at ASU, but a funny thing happened. His contemporaries that had all seemed more talented as juniors all eventually hit a wall in their development or in their desire, but Vaughn just consistently kept getting better. By the time he left ASU the school was well on its way to becoming a power.

Vaughn never let it go to his head - he was always quiet, always polite and genuine, just a very nice young man. It's very gratifying to see has endured some lean years that seemed to begin about the time he made the Ryder Cup team. I can't believe I could hope Phil would miss, but it's hard to not be happy to see such a nice guy get a win, and all that will come with it.

Back