what is the most frustrating aspect of golf

the most frustrating part for me is how you can play great one day go to sleep and shoot the worst round of your life the next. lol

So very true for me at times

Almost two years ago, my swing felt fine yet there for a while I couldn't get any consistency with anything. It was VERY frustrating to say the least. I'd never hit more hosel rocket in my LIFE, and it was seemingly with every club in my bag. If it wasn't for the fact that at the time I had already been picked for the Grandaddy, I would have put the clubs up for the rest of the year...in October.
Thankfully, I found my fault and grinded through the fix. It's in my head now, and that's what I'm working on even today. Continuing to work on the fix to create the confidence I once had with all my clubs.

My most frustrating aspec in golf is the lack of knowledge people have about this game. Basic things like course edict and common courtesy. If people concentrated on that instead of their next club, the golf industry as a whole might grow in a more positive way.

My brother! Hit it on the head here.

my lack of time and money available to put towards it. I have no problem with the sport itself, I love how challenging it is. That's one of the big reasons I play it. So the most frustrating thing about golf is that I haven't won the lottery yet and can't put almost all my time into playing it haha.

Why can't I do that every time? That is usually the question that leads to or causes my frustration, lol.

For me its when I have a good round going and then lose my swing for a couple of holes. It usually costs me a good round or PB. I don't know if its lack of concentration or trying to hard but it drives me crazy.

For me its when I have a good round going and then lose my swing for a couple of holes. It usually costs me a good round or PB. I don't know if its lack of concentration or trying to hard but it drives me crazy.

Thats called golf lol that happens to everyone.

When I think I'm going to stick it to a couple feet, but leave it short into a bunker.

My question to everyone is everyone gets frustrated with golf at one time or another what is your most frustrating aspect of golf?

it could be Putting, driving, iron play ect... or it could be how one day your swing is great then the next day you cant hit the ball at all. it could be how much golf costs.

i am interested to see what the forum thinks

Consistency for me. Drives me nuts to be able to hit a shot a certain way on one hole, and then shortly thereafter have the same shot but screw it up. Same guy, what changed?

I think consistency, I can be good with the driver and the irons aren't working or vice versa. Just want to put them all working at the same time.
:banghead:

I don't like to get in a "groove" with your swing, get in a nice rhythm playing a few holes really well. Then you come to a screeching halt! Because of slow play! Come to a Par 3 that has 3 groups on it ... one on the green, one on the tee & one waiting ... right after you just birdied the previous hole. You have to find some way to change your mindset, not think about it and relax. Not let it bother you. But inevitably it does bother you and you proceed to bogey the next hole. It's what I call a PBFU ... Post Birdie F*** Up! :banghead:

Hitting a great drive then screwing up the second shot.

Injuries.

That it is counterintuitive.

Not being able to play on a day when I really want to play.

Consistency.

what is the most frustrating aspect of golf

Slow play can get on my nerves. More so when it's a twosome or threesome holding up a foursome.

Consistency...for me it's either a great drive and lousy second shot or lousy drive and great second shot.

Ass holes on the course. Specifically 4 and 5 somes that don't let singles/doubles play through when there is no one in front of them.

3-6 ft putts.

Ass holes on the course. Specifically 4 and 5 somes that don't let singles/doubles play through when there is no one in front of them.

i totally hate that especially when im a single. sometimes ill just skip a hole and go ahead of them.

I don't get frustrated over my mistakes. I realize that golf is hard and I can't get angry with myself when I see even the best pros in the world make the same mistakes that I do, or even worse.

What ticks me off is actions by other people - slow play, hitting into other people.

Slow play and ignorant golfers are the most frustrating to me.

Back