How many times a season do you change out your putter?

Last year alone I gamed the following, Seemore Giant, Ptm1, original Fgp, cure rxi, cure rx2, cure rx2 tour, yes Sandy 12, Newport, sunset beach southport, m3, 8802, odyssey armlock, private reserve m1, 2 ball fang, CDM 4. Some say I have a problem....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope to settle on one putter for years. Ha! That should probably be "in years I hope to eventually settle on one putter." I played with 4 last year and should expect exponential insanity this year.

Well got my first real putter in high school Bullseye 1967 - my second one in 2001 Scotty remake of a Bullseye - built my third one last winter out of a 52 inch broomstick cut to 28 inches 450 gram head with lead tape under the grip to balance it --- BUT it has a insert and can not hit it like the others yet but love the feel of it. So for now its the Scotty Bullseye. So no more than 1-2 times a year now at the most.

Last edited:
During the season, rarely, unless I am having really bad issues. I have gamed the Rossi II since the mid-90's

I recently went back to my Titleist SP-201 but keep my TM Daytona12 in the car just in case I feel like changing it up. I go by feel. If I have a bad round putting, then I would consider switching out. If not, I'll stick with what I'm gaming at the time. I now have 3 putters and recently cut down my fourth so my 5 yo can learn how to putt.

At one point I owned prob around 9 putters. All different makes and models. Face balanced, toe hang etc: My putting was awful and needed consistency. There were times I carried 2 putters in the bag or took all of them to the course and left them in the trunk. Last September I purchased my Cleveland TFI 2135 6.5 and haven't switched since. I sold all my putters and just recently purchased the 1.0 model in the same family TFI putters. They are awesome!

I'm really hoping that I make it with one this year. Never happened before

I only have a couple that I like. I will pick one and stick with it all year.

Soon I hope to be down to one putter putter, and historically I start and finish with the same.

The driver might be a different story.

Nonstop.

Too many. I've played with 3 different putters in the last 4 rounds. I need a sports psychologist!!

Zero. I've only ever owned one putter at a time.

I have my 'go to' putter in my bag for over 90% of my rounds each year. Every once in a while when things get a little stale with my 'go to' , I will switch it up. It hardly ever lasts more than 3-4 rounds. Then right back to old faithful. You just need a little different look now and then.

I just go back and forth between a 1 wide tank cruiser and a #7 same model. I have them weighted a little bit different. I only switch when I feel like I want a different look. Putting stats very similar but I feel like a better lag putter with the 7.

I have played the same putter for 4 years now, with no change in sight.

Last season was 3 but I think it's going to be just 1 this season...loving my tank counterbalanced

Here is what I've gamed already this season:
1. W/S Windy City
2. Never Compromise Milled Series #5
3. Never Compromise GM2 Exchange #5
4. TaylorMade Daytona Tour Black
5. Nike Method Core MC3i
6. STX Xform 1

Love the TM the most, but I think I'd really love the GM2 if I could spend a bit more time with it.

Waiting on delivery of the Versa Black #1 Wide that I bought off the bay. Looking forward to comparing it to the White #1 I've been using for quite some time.

I picked up a 1W Tank about a month ago. That was my first change in 2 years.

I bought my See-More Brass Blade in August 1999 so, once every 17 years!

Usually about every 5 years I think it's just a new toy thing for me putter is really never the problem for me

I have 9 putters at home right now I think I used them all at one time or another last season. I just picked up a TM Spider Mallet counter balanced model a couple months ago and am really liking it so I may have this one on the bag for a while.

I've had 4 so far since I got to Monterey last September.

Prior to last season I had gamed the same one for 3-4 years. I went thru 3 putters last year and then I found my Seemore. I doubt it leaves the bag.

I have tried to change putters 2-3 times the last couple years, but have been gaming the same one for the last 2 seasons. As that is the best part of my game right now I won't be making a move anytime soon.

Back