DC MD VA Area Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love Pilgrims Oak...Sunday was a great day to play...

Carried the bunker on 14 is big. I used to drive it over the bunker but after a few more years on the body I have finally realized I can't quite do that anymore. Great golf hole!

If you ever get a chance, put a team together and go up and play there MEAN 18 tournament in October...They set the course up as hard as possible....It's crazy with those greens but a fun day!

Joe

We play that course a lot! I played that mean 18 tee set up, but from the regular tees. Still was crazy! it's not so much the length there, it's where they can put the pin on many of those holes = 3, 7, 11 ( maybe the hardest green to play on a normal day I have ever seen. If the greens are fast, you can't miss - anywhere haha! ) 15, 16.

Other than some wind it looks like a good day to hit some balls at the range during lunch.

Next week looks pretty good weather wise. The itch is strong to get out.

Should be visiting the range a couple times during lunch next week and really hope to holds for the weekend.

Im looking for a teaching pro in the Alexandria area. Anyone have any recommendations?

Should be visiting the range a couple times during lunch next week and really hope to holds for the weekend.

The weather forecast for my area is 40-45 for both weekend days. That will work to get in some more actual golf. I have to admit I'm tired of chipping and putting in the house while quasi watching golf on the TV.

The weather forecast for my area is 40-45 for both weekend days. That will work to get in some more actual golf. I have to admit I'm tired of chipping and putting in the house while quasi watching golf on the TV.

Take the day off and go play today when it will be 60

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im looking for a teaching pro in the Alexandria area. Anyone have any recommendations?
Not sure if he's still there but Stephen Moskil at Top Golf is probably the best instructor i've worked with. has a great eye and a very good way of communicating things to you.

Also Steve Danielson at Belle Haven has a great reputation, although I've never personally met him.

Great idea but that isn't going to work for me. I have to pick up two of my grandsons at 12:30 today and take them to the doctor. Nothing serious just missed a couple of days of school because of a virus and they have to have a doctor's note to get back in. My daughter can't afford to take off work. At least the weather will be nice. Maybe I can hit some balls after!!

Great idea but that isn't going to work for me. I have to pick up two of my grandsons at 12:30 today and take them to the doctor. Nothing serious just missed a couple of days of school because of a virus and they have to have a doctor's note to get back in. My daughter can't afford to take off work. At least the weather will be nice. Maybe I can hit some balls after!!

You better! You can bet those Carolina boys are grinding it out

Next week is looking good weather wise! Especially the later part of the week ... around 70! I hear the course calling my name.

With hilltop closed I think TopGolf guys would be best bet. Other options would be Fairfax area like Westfields

With hilltop closed I think TopGolf guys would be best bet. Other options would be Fairfax area like Westfields
Oh yeah I forgot that Hilltop closed. Burke Lake has a decent range not great.

one of my buddies was taken lessons there but then his instructor moved to Cali because they were shutting down for some new construction

Yeah they are putting or have put a Wegmans right next to the course and it was in the way. At least that is what I heard. Course wasn't great but the range was decent.

Just received an email from 1757 about the 2016 IRISH OPEN, Sunday, March 13th. Anyone have any interest?

8am - Hot Breakfast with Irish Coffee and Bloody Mary Bar
9am - Shotgun start

Irish pub lunch after, complimentary beer before & after play, Best Dressed (if you are into playing in a Kilt), hole in one contests, longest drives, closest to the pin, etc.

$119 public & $99 if you have the 1757 card

Just received an email from 1757 about the 2016 IRISH OPEN, Sunday, March 13th. Anyone have any interest?

8am - Hot Breakfast with Irish Coffee and Bloody Mary Bar
9am - Shotgun start

Irish pub lunch after, complimentary beer before & after play, Best Dressed (if you are into playing in a Kilt), hole in one contests, longest drives, closest to the pin, etc.

$119 public & $99 if you have the 1757 card
That's our sister course, and we are having the same thing on this side of the metro area as well. just over 100 players already signed up for it. If any local guys were interested, I could be persuaded to play as well.

That's our sister course, and we are having the same thing on this side of the metro area as well. just over 100 players already signed up for it. If any local guys were interested, I could be persuaded to play as well.

The beer and the Bloody Mary are really tempting though! :drinks:

The beer and the Bloody Mary are really tempting though! :drinks:
Never been a fan of Bloody Mary's but now Irish Whiskey...that's a different story....and Ironically enough four bottles of it are sitting less than 4 feet from my desk. How do they expect a guy to work like that :banghead:

Never been a fan of Bloody Mary's but now Irish Whiskey...that's a different story....and Ironically enough four bottles of it are sitting less than 4 feet from my desk. How do they expect a guy to work like that :banghead:

Well that just isn't nice now is it?? Speaking of whiskey ... have you had Knappogue (sp.?) Castle? I had that over the weekend while I was in Annapolis. Can I say ... OMG ... found my new favorite! So sweet & smooth to drink. Glad the wife was driving home cause they kept them coming!
Then there is the Jameson 18 ... but that is wayyyy out of my price range.

Well that just isn't nice now is it?? Speaking of whiskey ... have you had Knappogue (sp.?) Castle? I had that over the weekend while I was in Annapolis. Can I say ... OMG ... found my new favorite! So sweet & smooth to drink. Glad the wife was driving home cause they kept them coming!
Then there is the Jameson 18 ... but that is wayyyy out of my price range.
1cc28182c863eb403b3211647588073a.jpg

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

1cc28182c863eb403b3211647588073a.jpg

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

HA! Guess you have! It's a good thing that bottle isn't close to MY desk ... YIKES! I just may have to stop by the ABC on the way home now.

HA! Guess you have! It's a good thing that bottle isn't close to MY desk ... YIKES! I just may have to stop by the ABC on the way home now.

If you do PM me your address and I'll stop by for a splash on my way home :banana:

I'm suddenly a bit parched

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back