If you could get lessons from any instructor who would it be with and why?

TXGolfr

Foreputt
Reaction score
My current pro is just terrific but my top two would probably be:

1. Dan Whittaker
2. Matt Christian

The reasons are: they not only seem to have an eagle eye for identifying/diagnosing swing faults, but they're excellent at correcting/treating them. I don't have any doubt that icons like Butch Harmon could help me fix the issues in my swing, but Whittaker and Christian really seem to focus on the particular swing problems I'm dealing with.

Last edited:
Freddie Kong

Butch Harmon
Dave Stockton

Last edited:
I've had a lesson from butch Harmon when I was to young to remember so id like another shot.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

1. Robin Symes - unfortunately he's in South Korea. He's worked with a number of people who are on the LPGA tour and one on the PGA tour including 2012 LPGA US Open Champion Na Yeon-Choi. I've watched some of his online lessons and he seems to have a knack for zooming in on problem areas and fixing them.

2. Mark Crossfield - we all know him from his vids. He knows his stuff and the way he explains things works with my brain.

I think I have a really hard time trying to decide between Butch and Hank.

Outside of those two I'd love to have a lesson with Michael Breed. I know he's high energy but I don't think I'd have any problem with the high energy.

While Butch is probably the best instructor for the pros, I think I would benefit most from a single lesson from Michael Breed. I think he could work out one or two quirks that I have in one lesson and get me started down the right path quickly.

I'd continue my transatlantic collaboration with Mark Crossfield.

Bob Toski

Monte Scheinblum.

Butch Harmon
Anyone else in the Harmon family
Michael Breed
Brian Mogg

I'd probably go Hank, I really enjoy his moves and his Hoganesque theories

Monte Scheinblum
Peter Finch

Who ever is the best short game instructor.

Yes, there are quite a few of Peter Finch's videos that are just great.

Mark Crossfield and Michael Breed have a lot of knowledge but both seem to have a lack of understanding or interest in how to fix early extension. But the impact data technology that Crossfield is using is impressive.

For my learning style I will do best with an instructor who will work with me over time. I need two-way communication, not spewed jargon. I need to be able to ask questions and have guided self-discovery. I want to learn not just develop a golf terminology database or try to mimic an "ideal" swing.

If Crossfield could go into receive mode at times and not just 100% send mode his style would work for me.

I liked my local instructor from last year. Alas he's in ID now. On the hunt.

Butch for me. He has so many great players under his guidance. There has got to be a reason for that.

Martin Chuck or Mark Crossfield for full swing.
James Sieckmann for short game.

Dave Stockton. I think a better short game would work wonders for my game.

Bob Toski
He is great, I spent a summer with him just listening.
Butch Harmon
Anyone else in the Harmon family
Michael Breed
Brian Mogg

Mogg is the man, he did wonders for my game. Took me to another level. I still work on his tips.

I'd take one on one with Leadbetter. The guys I use have all studied under him. So the principals would be close.

Sean Foley because of his style and new look at the golf swing.

which ever one that would understand my body's movements and how to maximize my swing and consistency with it.

Dave Stockton

He is great, I spent a summer with him just listening.

Mogg is the man, he did wonders for my game. Took me to another level. I still work on his tips.

I'd take one on one with Leadbetter. The guys I use have all studied under him. So the principals would be close.

Sean Foley because of his style and new look at the golf swing.

I have seen several videos of his and like his style and iirc he has some pros he teaches but not many know him or that.

it really wouldn't matter, any one of them could easily say I'm buggered. I'd want one that understands us old guys just can't do certain things anymore.

Back