Average Driving distance: Older Golfers??

Malibuwagon80

Reaction score
Handicap
Just bought a new Cobra Driver today. Ps 50% off on last yrs models!!@ Dicks sporting goods. well I'm 65 and I generally can drive out to around 200yds. Now lets be truthful. Most of the time what are you getting? I've only been playing 4 or 5 yrs. the last 2 yrs more often. so lets hear it age and distance!! average yds and best!! Thanks :bye:

63 yrs old. If we include my off-center hits, typical is 220. When I connect in the sweet spot of the club face, that's the carry distance. Longest is 269 yds. but let's not forget I cleared the crest of the hill and the fairway sloped downhill after that.

I am 60, and I am happy with 220-230 ... on an occasional good hit I can get 250ish

67 and range 205-225. Better distance recently with XXIO 8 driver. Best 275 yards.

51 and 240 - 245 is about the most I can get now.

I'm 60, with clubhead speed in mid-90s. Typical drive is about 230, with gusts to 265.

51, and my average is around ~250 in the summer, and ~230 in the winter. Best ever was ~294, which I have done twice and it was the last two years. It's funny, but I hit the ball farther now with modern equipment than I did in my 20's with persimmon drivers and balata balls.

50 years old and most of the time tee off with my 3wood for about 200 to 215 yards.

48. I carry 215 to 230 depending on how close to center I hit and time of year. With run out usually in the 230 to 245 range.

53 in July. MAYBE 210 - 215 carry on a good day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am 48 i carry about 250 and I hate it

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

51 yrs old and typically around 260

Will be 59 in two weeks, been playing since I was 13, averaging 275 at altitude.

I'm 71 and my average carry is about 215... although, my Par 4 hole in one was 278 yards. These days, more often than not, I don't hit driver. Part of my game improvement is learning to manage a course. My go to club is 3 Wood, which I average carry at 185 to 195. Would much rather attack the green with 9 iron or wedge.

I am 50 years old and answering a question about old people golfing. WTH?

Normal weather and good strikes, I'd say 235 carry.

Edit: I should add that winter weather good strikes are like 220 carry and zero roll, which sucks.

Last edited:

LOl....You, T2GRN18, CPLJohnSt and Sposey are pups!!

57 in May. Most drives seem to be 220'ish. But at least they are in the fairway more than when I was hitting it 260 to 270 seven to eight years ago. So I have that going for me :D

It's not just old guys that hit it short. I'm 31 and 200 yards is a good drive for me. Granted I don't use a driver but when I did 215 yards was long for me. I'm short and I have a slow swing speed. I learned from my high school coach who was this giant of a man. He was big yet had a slow and smooth swing. He only hit his driver 180 but was deadly accurate. Always found a way to break 80 so I have tried to model my game after him. I rarely loose a ball.

Last edited:
Wait does age have to do with it? I'm 28 and my adverage is maybe 210. Good ones can go 230ish but on a regular basis 200-210 is adverage for me.

I was also born in '65 but I'm not responding for another decade.:act-up:

Define old. I'll be 54 come November. Lemme get back to this thread in a couple of weeks. While honeymooning with my M1, I found a move that gives me 20 yards easy...

55 years old, driver 240 to 245 carry, 7 iron is 150 carry, 9 iron 130 carry.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

That's serious power maddog.

Hi.....My name is Panda...(hi Panda)..I am 45 years young...... and I average 260 off the tee

Thanks for the replies!! I'm 6'3" 240 and if I try to hammer it it generally winds up in the woods or next fairway!!lol 1st shot with new driver was 198 yds down the middle. Was pleasantly suprised.

Back