FootJoy FreeStyle

Tried these one today with normal golf socks. Would need to drop 1/2 size for me, but man they are comfortable. I'll wait for the price to come down
I had to drop a full size in these

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I tried these on at dicks today. Really comfortable and the black aren't that bad looking. I have to drop a full size as well.

I wear 12 in Nike. After trying on the wides I dropped all the way down to 10.5 lol

I've come to the conclusion that I really like the ones with the green soles!

Brilliant marketing. Change the sizing. Convince consumers because of that they need to get "fit" for shoes.
Makes Green Grass shops want to get them in stock due to the "fitting rack".

Absolutely brilliant.

Brilliant marketing. Change the sizing. Convince consumers because of that they need to get "fit" for shoes.

Absolutely brilliant.

I had the same issue in the hyperflex as well as the DNA seems they make their shoes larger than anyone else. Never even thought of it as a marketing angle but makes a ton of sense. That said I do think some merit is there to the benefits of certain shoes but I also think FJ is over blowing it a bit

I had the same issue in the hyperflex as well as the DNA seems they make their shoes larger than anyone else. Never even thought of it as a marketing angle but makes a ton of sense. That said I do think some merit is there to the benefits of certain shoes but I also think FJ is over blowing it a bit

I think certain shoes can provide fantastic technology. This specific release is being marketed as a new fitting program. Its brilliant because only certain places will be offering the fitting and that includes green grass.

Absolutely brilliant.

It doesn't always take the best product to be the leader in market share

FootJoy FreeStyle

I kinda dig them, I have seen the BOA system on snowboard boots but not golf shoes yet. Loses the custom fit vs traditional laces ImO

Sent from my Verizon iPhone using Tapat

I kinda dig them, I have seen the BOA system on snowboard boots but not golf shoes yet. Loses the custom fit vs traditional laces ImO

Sent from my Verizon iPhone using Tapat

Boa is awesome for both snowboarding and golf.

Absolutely brilliant.

Never even considered this, but makes some serious sense. I haven't worn footjoys for year but the sizing was always way off of any other shoes I wore. I just ordered a pair that is a 10W. Will see how they fit before I take them outside as I might need to adjust.

Absolutely brilliant.

The fact that they are saying 70% of people are in the wrong size shoe and that their tests show up to a 21% increase in performance in their golf swing is attention grabbing as well.

I'm not going to lie, as soon as I heard about the "fitting" process I was interested. I'm curious as to how detailed the fitting is going to be. What, if any, technology will be on hand to prove that someone is better off in a soft, rigid, or in-between style shoe. Any shoe store can use a Brannock device to get you your size and several retailers allow ordering mixed sizes if necessary through custom order programs, so I'd think it's going to take more than that to convince someone to make a change.

I'm a bigger guy and hate running, but have to do it for my job at times for physical assessments. When I finally went to a running shoe store and was fit for the right size, style/arch support, etc. it made running a lot less painful for me. So I think that experience is why I'm so interested in this new FJ shoe campaign.

FootJoy FreeStyle

I'm walking much more this year for golf, currently have a bunch of Nike shoes that weren't comfortable enough when walking 18.

Just tried these on and ordered a pair. Looking forward to walking my next round and seeing how they truly feel. Size ran about 1/2 small than normal.

Last edited:
Look what just got in...

f6d2ee04d818c365505031e1862360fe.jpg

10w boa. Will update how these fell in a few.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just threw them on and walked around my living room. Feel like they have quite a bit of cushion, there is a lot of traction besides the spikes. I think this is the right size for me, but will have to get them outside and walk around a bit to see if they are legit.

I have seen some of the Footstyle in hand, but not this color way. The huge FJ on the side is a bit much, but otherwise I don't mind them.

Will probably try these out at the range on Wednesday and report back afterwards.

Look forward to it.

The tree frog ones have grown on me.

Look forward to it.

The tree frog ones have grown on me.

If they had them in Boa that is the color way I would have got, this one is different, more grey than I expected. Should be good with shorts this summer.

Just left the superstore and am between these and the hyperflex boa. Leaning towards the hyper flex. Will be my first time going back to regular spikes from True linkswear the past few years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got back from an hour and a half at the range, these were pretty dang comfortable. Thinking about taking them out when I walk 18 on Saturday.

The 10W is the right size for me, which is funny because I wear an 11 in Puma but I never could find 10.5W in either of the Ignites. I have wide flat feet and pretty much no arches and found these to fit well and also provide a ton of grip.

Love the Boa and the loop at the back of the shoe to help get your feet in. Will report back on how these treat my dogs after walking 18 in them.

Just picked mine up from the pro-shop yesterday. Felt great when walking nine, very comfortable and great traction.

True test will be walking 36 this weekend and seeing how it goes.

Felt great walking 18 in these. I am really happy with all 3 of my shoe purchases this year but I think these fit my feet better than either of the Puma Ignites (spiked & Spikeless). I think these may be #1 in the rotation but there will still be a rotation.

Walked 36 with these shoes this weekend, I absolutely love them. Worth every penny, this could be a top purchase for me this year.

Literally feel like I you're walking in comfy slippers. No soreness in my feet at all.

Traction was excellent as expected, have plenty of steep hills and funky angles on my course and these shoes didn't slip at all.

I enjoy em so much I cleaned em up after my round, i want these to look good for a long time.

Absolutley love these shoes. They are comfortable and grip extremely well during the swing. I am going to get a second pair in the BOA.

Back