Professional Networking: Insurance Industry

PKorf

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
0-10
With so many people on here I wanted to start a professional networking thread for Insurance Professionals.

Does anyone else work in the Insurance industry? If so, what capacity? What company?

Claims?
Risk Management?
Brokerage?
Safety Management?

Looking forward to meeting some THPers that share the same industry as I do.

I work in claims. I basically handle all the toys. Boats, ATV's, RV's, Snowmobiles, Golf Cart, Segway, just to name a few.

I work in claims. I basically handle all the toys. Boats, ATV's, RV's, Snowmobiles, Golf Cart, Segway, just to name a few.

Nice! Are you an adjuster? Claims rep? Manager? Assuming it's one of the primary writers in Minnesota?

I'm an IT guy at a large company that provides insurance that employers provide to employees.

Nice! Are you an adjuster? Claims rep? Manager? Assuming it's one of the primary writers in Minnesota?

Adjuster with a industry leader.

With so many people on here I wanted to start a professional networking thread for Insurance Professionals.

Does anyone else work in the Insurance industry? If so, what capacity? What company?

Claims?
Risk Management?
Brokerage?
Safety Management?

Looking forward to meeting some THPers that share the same industry as I do.

I'm an agent with Farm Bureau. PC/LH.

When I'm not working at the golf course.

I owned a headhunting firm that specialized in commercial P&C Brokers. Did that for a number of years with a fairly large staff before selling years ago. I come from an "insurance family" with a grandfather that owned a broker, my father ran the southeast for a very large broker and then I decided after time in the midwest doing sports stuff to do the headhunting for it.

I dont miss it, but I worked with some great people.

I was in the industry for almost 10 years on the life/health side in sales, recruiting and product design. The product design was the highlight of my experience in insurance.

Do you ever happen to use independent adjusters?
Short answer is no. Maybe very rarely for something outside the normal scope of what we do.

Compliance for a major life insurance company in the Midwest. Our agency covers a 7 hour radius so I get out to enjoy the golf in the area when I'm on the road.

Compliance for a major life insurance company in the Midwest. Our agency covers a 7 hour radius so I get out to enjoy the golf in the area when I'm on the road.

Nice! I cover 5 states (OH, IN, KY, MI, WV) so I try my best to get out and see / play as many new decent courses as possible.

I owned a headhunting firm that specialized in commercial P&C Brokers. Did that for a number of years with a fairly large staff before selling years ago. I come from an "insurance family" with a grandfather that owned a broker, my father ran the southeast for a very large broker and then I decided after time in the midwest doing sports stuff to do the headhunting for it.

I dont miss it, but I worked with some great people.

Interesting. So now it begs the question (and you may have answered this somewhere else)....How did you get into the golf industry other than obviously having a passion for it?

Nice! I cover 5 states (OH, IN, KY, MI, WV) so I try my best to get out and see / play as many new decent courses as possible.
I'm 90% Wisconsin with a portion of upper Michigan. Played Greywalls last fall, will be playing Sweetgrass this year.

Not in the industry but my two biggest clients are fortune 500 insurance companies. Handled a 2.5M sf relocation for one and a 1.1M sf relocation for another, those projects were the reward for 20+ years of handling "agent" offices in far flung parts of the country.

Anyone else out there in the insurance biz?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm a LH Agent but don't do ton of business. It's more of an ancillary aspect to my financial planning practice. Stopped even bothering with Health when the ACA came about and generally do Term Life and LTC for my clients.

I'm an Underwriter/Account Executive and handle Yachts, carrier side. Handle most of the East Coast.

I've only just seen this thread now! I'm an Account Exec for a brokerage here in the UK. The firm I work for is a huge US company who bought out the company I worked for 18 months or so ago. Being in Aberdeen I deal with a lot of Oil and Gas business, as well as a wide range of Property and Casualty risks ranging from small family businesses up to corporate globals. I deal a lot with our offices over in Houston, and have every intention of making the move at some point.....

Professional Networking: Insurance Industry

I've only just seen this thread now! I'm an Account Exec for a brokerage here in the UK. The firm I work for is a huge US company who bought out the company I worked for 18 months or so ago. Being in Aberdeen I deal with a lot of Oil and Gas business, as well as a wide range of Property and Casualty risks ranging from small family businesses up to corporate globals. I deal a lot with our offices over in Houston, and have every intention of making the move at some point.....

You and I need to talk my friend! We might have some things work related that could benefit each other's businesses

That sounds like a good plan to me! Fire me through a PM and let's chat......

At the beginning of the year I accepted a position as a commercial insurance broker. Any one out there in need of some coverage options for your business?

Sent from my STV100-2 using Tapatalk

Back