Higher priced balls = better results?

I think the Duo U is Wilson's answer to the FG Tour. The Duo has been popular so they repackaged the FG to the Duo line. I could be way off here but have played both and they play VERY similar to me. Marketing strategy at it's finest?

I think the Duo U is Wilson's answer to the FG Tour. The Duo has been popular so they repackaged the FG to the Duo line. I could be way off here but have played both and they play VERY similar to me. Marketing strategy at it's finest?

They are different balls - it isn't just marketing.

I just grabbed a dozen of them so I will see how they preform!

They are different balls - it isn't just marketing.

they are different balls. I played the fg tour last year several times and it's a great ball and hangs with several,other premium ball. The Duo U is softer and I have seen some extra spin around the green. Both these balls are great in their own way

One of my golf buddy often change his ball on the putting green, he said for better rolling.

Expensive balls for putting. Cheaper balls for playing.

Is this allowed ? Is he doing smart strategy ?

One of my golf buddy often change his ball on the putting green, he said for better rolling.

Expensive balls for putting. Cheaper balls for playing.

Is this allowed ? Is he doing smart strategy ?
No, not allowed. That would be a 2 stroke penalty or loss of hole in match play.

So what would on suggest for someone wanting a half decent golf ball which they can stop approach shots instead of rolling out, but doesn't cost $50-60 a dozen. I still lose too many to justify spending that.

Just buy Callaway Super Soft for $20/dozen. This is the only ball most people should be playing imo, unless you are a single digit hdc

Back